Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #91
TickTockTyler
Mouseketeer

Im 6'2" and about 270 FJ was first ride ever I could not get on at any theme park. I could get two clicks but they require three. It may just be me but walking through the cue of FJ is interesting even if you dont get to ride, but they have ruined the dueling dragons cue forever.

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
TickTockTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #92
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

Can't even start to say how worried I am about not fitting on this ride, i'm becoming obsessed I think.

I'm from uk and couldnt get onto one of our theme park rides (never had a problem in Orlando), I was so mortified by this.

Been loosing some weight, even joined the gym, but now don't even think i'm brave enough to see if i fit into the test seat...... I'm a US size 20 with big *** and thighs.... If i could I would probably cancel the holiday only got 10 more weeks to loose weight.
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #93
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

These more recent reports are quite heartening. I'm fairly confident that I will fit at 5' 11" 265 lbs. I'd planned to be hitting the treadmill and making a serious effort at losing weight right now, but a pretty nasty toe injury has sidelined my efforts for the moment. I'm hoping to get the clearance (and be sufficiently pain-free) to hit the treadmill soon anyway. But I'm must more hopeful that I'll be able to ride than I was the first few weeks after the ride opened.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #94
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTockTyler View Post
but they have ruined the dueling dragons cue forever.
They ruined it even if you fit. They just plastered over everything and threw a few flags in, like they just used every good idea they had in the new buildings and ran out of things to use here. Perhaps that is a stopgap to make sure they opened on the promised date and they will fix it later but for now that is the only part about the expansion that ended up being worse than it was before they "improved" IT.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #95
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

If you have 10 weeks you can lose a good 30 pounds or more before then. I would use this as motivation. Just count your calories, eat 1200 a day. Do you have a smart phone? Sparkpeople.com has a great application, or you can use the website, to track your calories. And walk 30 minutes a day and you will get there, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post
Can't even start to say how worried I am about not fitting on this ride, i'm becoming obsessed I think.

I'm from uk and couldnt get onto one of our theme park rides (never had a problem in Orlando), I was so mortified by this.

Been loosing some weight, even joined the gym, but now don't even think i'm brave enough to see if i fit into the test seat...... I'm a US size 20 with big *** and thighs.... If i could I would probably cancel the holiday only got 10 more weeks to loose weight.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #96
TickTockTyler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
They ruined it even if you fit. They just plastered over everything and threw a few flags in, like they just used every good idea they had in the new buildings and ran out of things to use here. Perhaps that is a stopgap to make sure they opened on the promised date and they will fix it later but for now that is the only part about the expansion that ended up being worse than it was before they "improved" IT.

Yes I fit on Dueling Dragons and yeah I dont understand why they had to plaster over all the skulls and stuff in the walls. Dont the Dragons in Harry Potter kill people also? And the only semi cool effect put in the cue the hanging candles is also used on FJ so its not even special to that cue.

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
TickTockTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #97
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTockTyler View Post
Yes I fit on Dueling Dragons and yeah I dont understand why they had to plaster over all the skulls and stuff in the walls. Dont the Dragons in Harry Potter kill people also? And the only semi cool effect put in the cue the hanging candles is also used on FJ so its not even special to that cue.
I hope they add some stuff to the Dragon Challenge queue in the future but I'm not going to hold my breath.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #98
ioafan3
Earning My Ears

i have really been worried as to if i will fit. i am 5'4 207 pounds, wear a large t-shirts that fits loosely and a size 14 jean from american eagle. i have a little bit of a gut but other than than my weight is evenly distributed partyl due to playing college softball. pretty much nothing in the **** or butt department lol
ioafan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #99
ioafan3
Earning My Ears

anyone?
ioafan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #100
bouncy54
I Believe In Fairy Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioafan3 View Post
anyone?

I think it's hard for anyone to answer based on weight and height only. It's where you carry your weight that matters.

I'm 5'3" and weigh about 215 and am shaped like a pear. Always have been kinda curvy. I'm in the process of losing some inches, but at my age, the ole' metabolism doesn't work as well as it used to, and my health issues prevents me from much exercise, so it's a very slow process.

My goal is to be below 200 by November and I have high hopes that I can achieve it. Even so, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to fit on FJ. It's still going to depend on how my derriere fits into that seat... dang it!

If my rear can slide far enough back into the seat, then that overhead harness just might clear my upper body. Of course, then I have to worry about how low I can lower the harness onto my thighs to get those infamous 3 clicks. (heavy sigh)
bouncy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #101
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

I've read the magic number is 48". As long as you are less than 48" around the waist, hips, and chest, you should be fine. That's what I've heard at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy54 View Post

I think it's hard for anyone to answer based on weight and height only. It's where you carry your weight that matters.

I'm 5'3" and weigh about 215 and am shaped like a pear. Always have been kinda curvy. I'm in the process of losing some inches, but at my age, the ole' metabolism doesn't work as well as it used to, and my health issues prevents me from much exercise, so it's a very slow process.

My goal is to be below 200 by November and I have high hopes that I can achieve it. Even so, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to fit on FJ. It's still going to depend on how my derriere fits into that seat... dang it!

If my rear can slide far enough back into the seat, then that overhead harness just might clear my upper body. Of course, then I have to worry about how low I can lower the harness onto my thighs to get those infamous 3 clicks. (heavy sigh)

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #102
bouncy54
I Believe In Fairy Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
I've read the magic number is 48". As long as you are less than 48" around the waist, hips, and chest, you should be fine. That's what I've heard at least.
Well... I should be ok under that criteria.

BTW: Don't know why I keep saying I'm shaped like a pear.. that's not true at all. I'm more like an over-sized hourglass.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #103
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Another success story here. Wife is ~235 and 5'5", size 20-22. Did not fit in test seats last night, and fretted she wouldn't make it this morning. Slightly tight, but good enough! Posted to give others hope also. Lesson is to not go by outside test seats--they are not as forgiving.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #104
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Another success story here. Wife is ~235 and 5'5", size 20-22. Did not fit in test seats last night, and fretted she wouldn't make it this morning. Slightly tight, but good enough! Posted to give others hope also. Lesson is to not go by outside test seats--they are not as forgiving.
Sure would be nice if they would recalibrate the outside test seats.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #105
bouncy54
I Believe In Fairy Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Thanks! This gives me hope! Where was it tight on her?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: