Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #886
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,177

Trish,

DH said you're welcome to tag along on our trips anytime And by the way, I figured out how to do the avatars....but my pics are too large. The actual picture made has to be 3KBs or less...something like that. Thanks for the help!
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #887
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Trish,

DH said you're welcome to tag along on our trips anytime And by the way, I figured out how to do the avatars....but my pics are too large. The actual picture made has to be 3KBs or less...something like that. Thanks for the help!
Awww...thanks so much! Wouldn't it be fun to find ourselves at the Poly or the Beach Club together one year?
cdotla is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #888
pinkle
DIS Veteran
 
pinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 686

waiting for Epcot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
pinkle is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #889
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Coming up!

Last edited by cdotla; 07-25-2010 at 12:23 PM.
cdotla is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #890
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

sorry - having technical difficulties. Hope to get an update up shortly.

Last edited by cdotla; 07-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.
cdotla is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #891
pinkle
DIS Veteran
 
pinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 686

would you say BCV is your fav place to stay??? I haven't tried it.
__________________
pinkle is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #892
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkle View Post
would you say BCV is your fav place to stay??? I haven't tried it.
Overall the Poly is my favourite resort. But DH's favourite was the Beach Club. However, I have yet to meet a Disney resort I don't like.
cdotla is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #893
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Lunch at LeCellier...in CANADA!

Although we were a bit early for our lunch reservation, we headed out of Hollywood Studios and started off for LeCellier in Epcot. Just as we were leaving, one of the Friendship Boats was getting ready to pull out from the dock. Chris ran ahead with the kids in the jogging stroller and caught it. 60 seconds later, a huffing and puffing wife managed to catch up with her super-fit husband just before the boat pulled out of the dock. Phew! That was close! We just made it!

Once again, we were experiencing the convenience and luxury of a Deluxe Resort. It is not just the beauty and surroundings within the Deluxe Resorts (which in and of themselves are pretty spectacular), but also all of the conveniences and luxuries of staying at a Deluxe that in my mind makes it easy to justify the splurge.

The ability to walk or take a short Friendship Boat ride to either Hollywood Studios or Epcot was definitely a huge perk of our Deluxe accomodations at the Beach Club.

20 minutes later, after a pleasant ride around Crescent Lake and up through the canal, we were docking at the International Gateway, located between the UK and France. From here, we had only a short 5 minute walk to Canada.

I love eating at LeCellier. Both for the food (probably my favourite dish in all of WDW - the mushroom filet - is served here), and because it is located in the Canadian pavillion, so I feel right at home.





This was Katie's 3rd time at LeCellier, and my 5th time. But it was the 1st time that either Chris or Declan had eaten here.

Although we were about 1 hour early, fortunately there were not a lot of people waiting for tables this early and we were seated within 2 minutes.

It was so nice to get out of the hot sun and step inside the dark and cool LeCellier. I think it is the best restaurant in all of WDW to retreat inside on a hot day. It is designed to look like a Wine Cellar and has no windows. It is always cool and dark inside those stone walls, which provide a perfect break from a sweltering hot, bright and sunny day.

The other thing I quite enjoy about dining at LeCellier is being served by Canadian waitstaff. They always wear nametags that show what Province they are from, and it is a nice tie in with Canada during our Disney trips.

For starters this trip, we ordered smoothies. We all enjoyed them, especially the kids. They were great after being outside on a hot day.








I can't remember what Chris ordered for his appetizer, but have little doubt that it was some type of salad.

I, of course, ordered the Cheddar Cheese soup - a must! Delicious as usual! (Sorry for the poor photo, which is actually from a past trip - I was clearly too eager to dig in!)





We also all enjoyed the breadsticks - especially the prezel bread.

Although I advised Chris that LeCellier was famous for its Mushroom Risotto Filet, he did not follow my lead in ordering it.

The fact that I like this dish at all, let alone rank it as my favourite dish in all of WDW should have tipped him off as to how good it was because I absolutely detest mushrooms. However, having heard so much hype about the Mushroom Filet, a few years ago I decided to simply had to try it. I am so glad that I did, because I doubt this dish would taste the same without the signature mushroom risotto. While I don't eat the 2-3 whole mushrooms thrown overtop for garnish, I have no trouble devouring the mushroom risotto which surrounds the filet, or the white truffle sauce poured over it, complete with a sprinkling of chives.





While my picture really does this meal no justice, I assure you that once again this filet was as tasty and satisfying as I remembered.

Unfortunately, Chris' meal was a little less than spectacular. He ordered the Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich, which he described as "Blah". In fact, Chris ranked this as his least favourite meal of the whole trip.





I hate to say "I told you so...", but he had been told what to order. I know he would have loved the mushroom filet. Even worse, we were on the deluxe dining plan, so we didn't save a penny by him ordering a $14.99 sandwich as opposed to a $25.99 filet. In fact, I would argue that this was a perfectly good deluxe dining credit gone to waste.

As for the kids, as much as I tried to talk them into ordering a steak, they each opted for the pizza.





Nothing spectacular here. No better or worse than any other kids' pizza meal at WDW.

For dessert, I suggested to Chris that we let the kids have our desserts as the "Chocolate Moose" wasn't on the kids' menu. The kids loved these:








We also picked up two fruitcups for the kids' desserts, which we asked for in take-out containers so we could bring them back to the Beach Club to enjoy the next day for breakfast.





Unfortunately, since Chris declined my offer of a taste of my mushroom filet, he still has no idea what he is missing. As a result, it will be a hard sell to convince him to return to LeCellier because in his mind the meal was awful.

Fortunately, he is not the one who books the ADRs for our trips. And he doesn't want to make me choose between dinner with him or the Mushroom Filet...because I am not entirely sure he would win!


UP NEXT: Photo Session with the Roots


Last edited by cdotla; 07-31-2010 at 10:48 PM.
cdotla is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #894
seamama71
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 106

Your filet looks amazing!!! I'm considering changing one of my ADRs to see if Le Cellier is available...!
__________________
Sarah

Beach Club Villas, here we come!!! Planning for an April 2012 Grand Gathering
seamama71 is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #895
LoriABil
DIS Veteran
 
LoriABil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,311

I would totally agree with the "waste of a dining credit" thing! Did you walk around World Showcase afterward, or was that it for the day?

I can't wait to read about the Photo Shoot! We are planning on doing pics when we go in September - out last family picture (formal sitting) was when DS was 6 months old! He is 7 now, so it's about time...Can't wait! Great report!
__________________
LoriABil
I'm a Texas, girl; trust me*

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila




LoriABil is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #896
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran
 
taymacsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central CT
Posts: 607

Boy, nothing seems to go right for your DH, huh!?! Husbands should always listen to their wives. Don't they realize we know best!
__________________
Me (Kelly), DH (John),DD (22), DD (20), DS (9)
May '82 - Off-site ~ May '98 - ASSp ~ May '02 - ASMo ~ Apr '06 - ASMo ~ Aug '09 - POR ~ Aug '11 - ASMu ~ Aug '13 - AoA~ Nov '14 ASMu
taymacsmom is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #897
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama71 View Post
Your filet looks amazing!!! I'm considering changing one of my ADRs to see if Le Cellier is available...!
Act fast! LeCellier staff are proud of the fact that their restaurant is the hardest to get into in all of WDW. In part that is due to its limited seating capacity - it is one of the smallest restaurants in WDW. It is also very, very popular - which makes for a deadly combination when trying to score ADRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
I would totally agree with the "waste of a dining credit" thing! Did you walk around World Showcase afterward, or was that it for the day?

I can't wait to read about the Photo Shoot! We are planning on doing pics when we go in September - out last family picture (formal sitting) was when DS was 6 months old! He is 7 now, so it's about time...Can't wait! Great report!
Tour Epcot after our meal? With my husband? Goodness no...it was all I could do to keep him out until noon. The only reason I was able to get him into Epcot was because that was where our lunch reservation was located, and it was only a 5 minute walk to the Beach Club.
cdotla is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #898
cdotla
Trish
 
cdotla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Boy, nothing seems to go right for your DH, huh!?! Husbands should always listen to their wives. Don't they realize we know best!
I really didn't feel sorry for him in the slightest. He was warned!
cdotla is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #899
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,320

Glad you got what was yummy even if your DH didn't. Seems sometimes that nothing would make him happy. He seems determined to have a miserable time. So sorry! Hopefully your next trip will be much better since you have friends going.
Tinker_Tam is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #900
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,323

OMG, OMG, OMG.... you had a photo shoot with the Roots? Now that I am typing this it is triggering something in my memory but I didn't remember until now. I am in LOVE with all their photos from Carrie/Lurkyloo's reports and look at their blog every now and then. If I ever get married, the Roots are taking the pictures FOR SURE! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Too funny you aren't sure if Chris or the filet would win in a showdown. I don't like mushroom either and usually order w/o mushroom and sub the cream cheese mashed potato. Now you have me thinking perhaps I'm missing out and should try it as the Canadians intended.

I agree Le Cellier is a great break on a hot day and am 100% with you on the benefits of the Beach Club/deluxe location!!

Looking forward to more!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: