Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali cruiser View Post
Because your trip report and vacation was so awesome, I see that you are getting lots of response and many questions. I again have another camera question...this time regarding Barcelona.
I just finished reading about what to carry and not carry in Barcelona due to the significant amount of thefts in the area. I know alot of people are buying the Pacsafe bags, etc. I was wondering if you carried a large camera bag during your stay in Barcelona and if so, had any problems. I read somewhere that carrying a camera bag was discouraged. However, my large cannon camera cannot just be placed in a small purse. It needs to be in a camera bag. Any thoughts???
We are also trying to do our own excursions like you all did. The only place that concerns me is Naples. If you could do it over, would you recommend doing a DCL half day tour of Pompei or do you think it was fine walking to the train station and doing it on your own. (we will have our 8 y/o and 12 y/o w/ us and my 62 y/o mom). Also, did you feel safe on the train in Naples with your purse and camera bag, etc.? Thanks again for answering my questions. I hope our trip goes as well as yours did!
Michelle
I was very worried about theft. I left my camera bag and extra lenses in the hotel room. All I carried was my camera around my neck. It's a little heavy but I'm used to it. I kept the strap aound my neck and held it in my hand in big crowds. I felt very safe that way.

If we were going to be gone all day, we also carried a small backpack with water and maybe ponchos. Nothing I would worry about being stolen.

The walk to the naples train station was a little long. I would probably recommend taking the bus to the train station. It's cheap as I remember! Everything else in Naples was easy and very doable on your own.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: