Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotravel07 View Post
Thanks for all the comments/advice. What's the earliest they allow boarding. Is it any quicker/easier if you have cruised on Disney before?
I believe they start boarding between 11:30 and noon.

The first boarding group is Concierge and Platinum CC members (more than 10 DCL cruises). After that, it's first come/first serve. Boarding goes quickly even if you're not in one of the first four or five boarding groups.

Unlike a PP, we wanted to eat at PC but were told to go to BBB (TS on Magic) as PC was full. We asked to wait and they let us. There was actually no wait - I think they were just anticipated more crowds at PC as the weather wasn't the best.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #17
lakehead92
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all these tips... I didn't need to ask my questions...they were all answered here.
lakehead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
mrsdn5
Mouseketeer

I like to get there early..There is something about the feeling when you are in the port. It is so exciting for me and my family..It does go by fast. We ate at Parrot Cay last cruise and plan on doing that again. Really liked to start our cruise there

mrsdn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
poizenivey
Mouseketeer

EARLY!!!

Captain Mickey and Minnie came out for pics and that got us even more excited! Plus we also went ahead and lined up so the kids could get their CC braclets!
poizenivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #20
cruiselineent
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotravel07 View Post
I know this is another subjective question, but in your opinion what is the perfect time to arrive at the port for your Disney Cruise?

How much time to you allow from a Disney Resort, (BLT)?
Port at 10:30-11... that gets you onboard at 12 for lunch... the kids can swim immediately, while you eat, get dining changes done, spa reservations, palo reservations, etc. The problem, coming from the resorts, is the resort buses get you to the port at 2... missing lunch... and rush, rush, rush. Bah, humbug!

Better trick, if you don't have a rental, and want to park at the port... is to use magical express to the airport.... then, get on the DCL bus at the airport, to the port... catch the 9:30, :45, or 10:00 bus... to make the port, per above.
Tell magical express that you have an 11:00 flight... they'll pick you up at 8, have you at the airport in time.... to do the above.
cruiselineent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #21
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

The buses are nearly alwys there before or at 1:30. Parrot Cay lunch is till 2:15 and Topsiders till 3:30 (at least those were the times for my last 7 day cruise in January).

But I also like to be on right away...am way to 'antsy' to sit around the hotel waiting for time on the ship!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #22
Disney1fan2002
Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to find like another Val fer sure! ;)
Please don't anyone report this thread, it has the potential to get real good
He just comes across as a pompous donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmo4444 View Post
Even if we are not trying to upgrade we like to get to port between 10am and 10:30. The time flys buy and it is always great to be one of the first people onboard and have the pools all to yourself and take pictures
Not to mention, they often bring characters out for a meet and greet while we are waiting. The kids love hanging around the port waiting to get onboard.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
ratt1345
Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

Before I officially answer the question, here's an explanation of my answer.
Once upon a time, you had to make your dinner ressies and what-not once you got onboard and not online (Oh the horror). So because of that, I got in the habit of getting to the port around 9:45 to be one of the first to check through the security and check-in. Back then, it was a sort of first come-first served deals for getting in line to get on the ship. So if you got there early, you got to stand or sit in line first to get onboard. I still, to this day, get there around 9:45. Doesn't get me on any faster now, but I still enjoy getting there early.

Charlie
Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #24
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We like to get there between 1100-1130 we had number 13 too and boarded at 12:15 this time we are doing Disney transport.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #25
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Our favorite time to arrive at the port...

is the earliest we can get out of bed and drive to the port. We live in Davenport, about 20 minutes west of WDW. It generally takes us just over an hour to arrive. In December, we made it a point to leave our house by 830am...we arrived around 9:45 after a few stops, and got the chance to really enjoy the terminal. Our daughter loved watching the Disney cartoons in the terminal, and seeing characters. It was the strangest thing to see the boarding doors closed. The doors generally open aroound noon...our goal is to get to the port as early as we can for our upcoming August 3rd cruise so we can relax and just enjoy the terminal before getting onboard. It's my first platinum level cruise, so eager to see what the concierge boarding perk is all about.

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Does the terminal open at 10:00?

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
kimkarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #27
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Yes it I believe it does open then. We also like to get there as soon as it opens- it gets us more excited plus we can be ready to board and start the cruise experience.

Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #28
nyjets53
Earning My Ears

When you get to the ship, do they have curb side check in for your luggage...

We are renting a car and would like to drop off the luggage and then go return the car so I don't have to drag around the luggage with me...

Is this possible?
2004 WL-Apr, AK-Aug (BROUGHT DVC SSR)
VWL-Dec HoneyMoon
2005 BW-Feb, OKW-May, SSR-Oct, OKW-Nov (added pts)
2006 OKW Dec - Jr's First trip
2007 SSR-May, BCV-Sept
2008 SSR-Dec
2009 BCV-Oct (added pts)
2010 Disney Cruise & SSR-Dec
2011 OKW-Oct (added pts)
2012 GCH-DVC-Oct DisneyLand
2013 SSR-Jan, OKW-Aug, SSR-Oct
nyjets53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #29
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets53 View Post
When you get to the ship, do they have curb side check in for your luggage...

We are renting a car and would like to drop off the luggage and then go return the car so I don't have to drag around the luggage with me...

Is this possible?

Yes, they do. Also you and your son could go check in while DH returns the car. You will need his passport, but he needs to keep his driver's license to use as an ID to get in the terminal (as well as to drive!). Then when he joins you in the terminal he just needs to get his photo taken (they'll let him go to the front of the line to the CM who checked you in),
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #30
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Yes, they do. Also you and your son could go check in while DH returns the car. You will need his passport, but he needs to keep his driver's license to use as an ID to get in the terminal (as well as to drive!). Then when he joins you in the terminal he just needs to get his photo taken (they'll let him go to the front of the line to the CM who checked you in),
photo taken? What is that - I don't recall the last two cruises a requirement to get a photo taken. Is this new?
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: