Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #151
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie View Post
We spend our last full day hitting the biggies in each park. Our last day is spent at the AM EMH park before heading to the airport.

Anyone want to keep track when we will be in WDW? Maybe we can have a mini meet.

Or maybe some of us will be willing to share a fireworks cruise or get YES groups set up.
On trip in years past, my dh would just laugh at my binder, color coded index cards, and other things I NEEDED to have. So 5 years ago I decided to leave him at home!!!! he was happy as a pig in mud, and me...welll So now I've trained our 2 girls (16 & 11 this year) to be commando touring buddies! The 16 year old can get to space mountain and get fast passes while the 11 yr old and I head to fantasyland, and she can meet us before we're ready to get in line for dumbo!

We also do super commando our last day - MUST hit the mountains at MK, TOT and RNR at HS, Everest at AK, and we end with TT and Soarin, then and only then am I ready to get on the plane!

scrappinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #152
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post
On trip in years past, my dh would just laugh at my binder, color coded index cards, and other things I NEEDED to have. So 5 years ago I decided to leave him at home!!!! he was happy as a pig in mud, and me...welll So now I've trained our 2 girls (16 & 11 this year) to be commando touring buddies! The 16 year old can get to space mountain and get fast passes while the 11 yr old and I head to fantasyland, and she can meet us before we're ready to get in line for dumbo!

We also do super commando our last day - MUST hit the mountains at MK, TOT and RNR at HS, Everest at AK, and we end with TT and Soarin, then and only then am I ready to get on the plane!
You are member #70. It's great that you and your DD's all work together Your DH might come around yet and learn the way
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #153
icesk8abc
Mouseketeer

I am definitely a commando! I have already warned my sister and her family who are coming with us in October. This is NOT a sit back and relax vacation. This is the only time they intend to go in the next 5-8 years. I told them that if they wanted to hang with me, they have to be ready to get up early and go like mad! We have already planned breaks for her to take the little ones back to the hotel for a nap while my husband and I stay in the parks and do the rides the little ones can't do and my sis won't ride.

I have meals planned. I have already started running ridemax for similar park days. I will have printed itineraries for every day, with a mini laminated copy for all the adults in the party. While I definitely love sitting on a bench and watching the magic occur, this is a scheduled "ice cream, soda, or other snack" break. I go every other year and absolutely love seeing everything I can each trip.
1998: Offsite - High School Orchestra Trip; 2000: All Star Movies; 2002 - Disneyland (offsite); 2004: Offsite; 2006: All Star Sports; 2008: Pop Century; 2010: Pop Century; Sept 2012: Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room; 2013: Disneyland (offsite); 2014: Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

icesk8abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #154
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by icesk8abc View Post
I am definitely a commando! I have already warned my sister and her family who are coming with us in October. This is NOT a sit back and relax vacation. This is the only time they intend to go in the next 5-8 years. I told them that if they wanted to hang with me, they have to be ready to get up early and go like mad! We have already planned breaks for her to take the little ones back to the hotel for a nap while my husband and I stay in the parks and do the rides the little ones can't do and my sis won't ride.

I have meals planned. I have already started running ridemax for similar park days. I will have printed itineraries for every day, with a mini laminated copy for all the adults in the party. While I definitely love sitting on a bench and watching the magic occur, this is a scheduled "ice cream, soda, or other snack" break. I go every other year and absolutely love seeing everything I can each trip.
You are member #71. Your sister has been warned Since she was included in the planning process, she knows what she's up against Are you doing MNSSHP
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #155
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_86 View Post
I have to be a Disney Commando. We're goin for 3 days in August and trying to fit in all 4 parks. It's my DBF first trip so I want to hit all the good stuff so he'll want to go back with me in the future! I've been checking out the Disboards and planning and replanning for 3 months now. I can't wait until August to put my plan to work!!

We will be there Aug 15th-21st. I always find it is fun with a group of people that know how to have Disney fun (that's how I got DH hooked, and I ended up getting a Disneymoon out of it). Let me know if you want to meet up. We plan on doing drinking around the world and are trying to get a group together. Also I have been told that the clubs at the boardwalk are awesome at night. We have never been as we used to go to pleasure island but now are trying to find a new spot.
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #156
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
We will be there Aug 15th-21st. I always find it is fun with a group of people that know how to have Disney fun (that's how I got DH hooked, and I ended up getting a Disneymoon out of it). Let me know if you want to meet up. We plan on doing drinking around the world and are trying to get a group together. Also I have been told that the clubs at the boardwalk are awesome at night. We have never been as we used to go to pleasure island but now are trying to find a new spot.
Your trip is coming up quick I don't know much about the clubs, (got the little guy, so I can't go to them, looks like DW & I will have to go by ourselves one of these trips)

I can tell you from walking the Boardwalk late at night they seem to be jumping They only partying activity I get to do is drinking around the world Never have a problem getting around it, I like the mixed drinks, I start in Mexico and get the Tequila out of the way 1st (learned many years ago that Tequila does not mix well on top after a night drinking) After that everything goes pretty smooth, my favs are the ones in Marocco .

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #157
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I'll be away for a couple days, going on a non Disney roadtrip to Busch Gardens in VA, it's a great park to brush up on commando skills and walking, untill I get back to WDW in Dec.

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #158
mindync
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icesk8abc View Post

Love love love the laminated itinerary idea!!!

I just blogged about this topic a couple days ago...about how you "could" do Disney and how *we* do Disney. We are commando- with no apologies. My DH says "if a park is open- we are there." Last November we were at the World with friends that went to Downtown Disney to shop during the day. What the heck?! DD is for late night when everything else is closed!!! I thought that was common knowledge?

My kids kinda make fun of me, "Get up! It's 5am already. What do you think this is- VACATION??" But at the end of the trip they tell me they got to do everything they wanted to do. That is the goal kids...that is the goal.

So yeah...we're commando.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #159
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindync View Post
Love love love the laminated itinerary idea!!!

I just blogged about this topic a couple days ago...about how you "could" do Disney and how *we* do Disney. We are commando- with no apologies. My DH says "if a park is open- we are there." Last November we were at the World with friends that went to Downtown Disney to shop during the day. What the heck?! DD is for late night when everything else is closed!!! I thought that was common knowledge?

My kids kinda make fun of me, "Get up! It's 5am already. What do you think this is- VACATION??" But at the end of the trip they tell me they got to do everything they wanted to do. That is the goal kids...that is the goal.

So yeah...we're commando.
You are member #72. The way we do Disney seems to be frowned upon by ALOT of fellow DisBoarders, IMO we mock what we do not understand

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #160
Motomom06
Mouseketeer

I'm in

DH, DS, DMIL and DFIL went to Disney last Dec. It was the first time any of us had been back to WDW since DH and I were kids. I have OCD and planned every second! (thank goodness I found the DIS!!!) I gave everyone bound touring instructions in full size, in pocket size laminated and had all our ADR in place 180 days out. We had a great time! Going back in Oct.!
Motomom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #161
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomom06 View Post
DH, DS, DMIL and DFIL went to Disney last Dec. It was the first time any of us had been back to WDW since DH and I were kids. I have OCD and planned every second! (thank goodness I found the DIS!!!) I gave everyone bound touring instructions in full size, in pocket size laminated and had all our ADR in place 180 days out. We had a great time! Going back in Oct.!
You are member #73. I see you are going in Oct, great time of the year to go, are you going to MNSSHP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #162
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

If anyone has been to WDW in Oct, and went to MNSSHP . Lets offer advice & tips to those who are going this year (maybe for the 1st time). Being that this is a 5hr event, IMO everyone who attends MNSSHP will go commando at some point during the event

I will be posting my findings from my trip last year on Halloween Night soon

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #163
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

My Commando tactic for MNSSHP, this is extreme level, don't expect total agreement on this, so If you would like to add please do so.

MNSSHP 7pm - 12am Halloween Night. most likely the most packed out of all the MNSSHP dates.

Since this is a timed event 5hrs, it is a challenge to complete

Eat dinner before you get there, & don't plan on doing rides if you want to cover all the events.

IMO the 1st things to hit are the Meet & Greets , some of them are very rare photo opps ex, Snow White & all 7 Dwarfs, Cindy's Glass Coach etc,

Skip the 1st parade and get in all the M & G and dance parties, Catch the 2nd parade, found by the shooting gallary was a great spot to see it ( not crowded & not as well lit as the rest of the park) Then go to see fireworks (found by CP along the fenceline on the river was a really good spot, no one can get in front of you if you are at the fence)

After the fireworks then do the Trick or Treating (you can breeze through all the locations with no wait + they will give you alot more candy)

We did get to do The Haunted Mansion during the 1st parade, had a 10min wait, so figured what the heck it's Halloween but other then that time whenever we past line was past the riverboat

We only did 1 ride & ate before we got there, but the way I look at it, I'm paying big bucks on a 5hr event, I'm going to get everything in that is not offered on a regular day IMO the rewards were worth the sacrifice

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #164
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Member Role Call is now on page 1, first post

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #165
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Has anyone done MVMCP, I will be going to it for the 1st time this year, I know its a timed event 5hrs, I want to get everything in, Anyone have any tips on MVMCP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: