Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #16
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Signing on, looking forward to your reviews!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Subbing!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Great start to your reviews! I can't wait for more
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Joining in...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefColette View Post
Looking foward to hearing about Bistro de Paris, that's one place I've always wanted to try.
I was excited to eat there for the first time in years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Are you in So. GA? We drive from Atlanta (about 7-8 hours). By Gainesville, you think you are almost to Disney. What a bummer that it added 1.5 hours! When we went in October there was also so much construction on I-75.

Anyways, did you have lunch at Y&Y on your last day? I guess I have to wait and find out ;-)
I'm in middle GA with a lead foot. The I-75 Construction has gotten a lot better. Most of the stuff around Macon is now gone. Valdosta no longer has it either. Tifton is the only place with bad construction at the moment. I also took the Western Way into Disney and it cut off another 20 minutes or so.

Dis_Yoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier

After an afternoon of Hollywood Studios, I said goodbye to my friend who now had to clock in for work & I headed back to EPCOT for my dinner at Le Cellier. I was rather shocked to see it available on the online ADR website 2 days ahead of time and playing into the Dis Hype - I couldn't just not take it.

I arrived about 30 minutes early for my ADR & checked in. I was seated within 10 minutes of arrival & the place was definately packed!

My server quickly came over and introduced herself, laughing at how we had the same first name & took my drink order (Ultimate Long Island) as I looked over the menu.

My drink arrived quickly. It may become my favorite drink in Disney as I believe I ended up having 8 of them over the course of the weekend.

She brought out the bread & I enjoyed eating the pretzel bread & sourdough until my first course arrived. The waitress mentioned that the appetizer I picked takes about 12 minutes to make but the time flew quickly as I wasn't in a hurry in the first place.

For my first course I had
Duck Three-Ways - Confit, Rillette, and Fleischnecke with Orange Gastrique $12.99

The fleischnecke was the fried circle on the left side. This was extremely tasty. I hadn't had something like that here before which made my day. The rillette kinda bored me. Yes, I tasted good - however, it was the exact same as when I had it back a few years ago at a Le Cellier Food & Wine Pairing, before they cancelled those events. You would have hoped something would have changed in that time. The confit was ok. Not the best confit I have ever had though.

For my entree I had
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce $34.99 minus the mushrooms.

The steak was good. Amazing? No. It was very tender & cooked to a perfect medium rare. I enjoyed it but it still was no signature restuarant quality of meat. The risotto was extremely tasty, even if a little undercooked.

After these two courses, I was very full & couldn't eat anymore. My server quickly brought the check and processed it quickly.

Overall, I was very happy with my meal & would return, although, I wouldn't freak out at 180 days to make sure I got it. I'm hoping the rumors I've been hearing about the changes in 2011 comes to light as it then may become one of our must dos.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I haven't heard about the rumored changes in 2011, anything exciting? We enjoy Le Cellier but like you not a must do or panic over for us.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

I have to admit to being dubious that Le Cellier, as a 1 TS place, could possibly be as good as say, the Yachtsmen or Jiko. I appreciate your attention to detail in your reviews.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #20
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I haven't heard about the rumored changes in 2011, anything exciting? We enjoy Le Cellier but like you not a must do or panic over for us.
I heard rumors is going to become a 2TS place with some menu changes. Then again, who knows if that is true or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I have to admit to being dubious that Le Cellier, as a 1 TS place, could possibly be as good as say, the Yachtsmen or Jiko. I appreciate your attention to detail in your reviews.
Exactly. Although for 1TS if I were on a dining plan - it really would be a good deal.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #21
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

July 3rd - Late Night Snack

After some additional time in the parks, I headed back to my hotel. I decided I wanted something sweet since I hadn't really had much sweets today & headed up to the All Stars Food Court for an adult beverage (Ultimate Long Island) & a Ice Cream Cookie Sandwitch

I had cookie & cream ice cream inside the two chocolate chip cookies. It was huge! No way I could finish it on my own, but I did sure try!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #22
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

July 4th - Breakfast & Snack Pick Up

Before Magic Kingdom opened, I headed to breakfast at Captain Cook's - making my own weird version of a bacon, cheese crossiant. (I admit I'm weird)

The bacon was crispy and the crossiant fresh enough! Great start to the day.

After a busy morning in the Magic Kingdom, I stopped by Main Street Bakery to pick up something for later. I discovered a snack I hadn't had before - 6 Mini Cupcake Pack

I had them late that night. One was a red velvet, carrot cake, chocolate mint, vanilla and I can't remember the other ones. They were nice little 'shots' of flavor when you don't want a full cupcake!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #23
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Grand Floridian Cafe

After a very busy morning at the Magic Kingdom, I left around 12:45pm to head over to the Grand Floridian for lunch. This turned out to be the 'right' time to leave that park as the crowds for Fourth of July were now thickening.

I had an ADR for GFC but turns out I wouldn't have even needed it for lunch this day as they were taking every walk-in that came up. I was quickly seated in the middle of the restuarant and given a menu. I ordered another Ultimate Long Island while I glanced over the menu. With the heat as it was, I opted to only get an entree for this meal: Grand Sandwitch without the Ham or Tomato.

Isn't it a beauty?

Bringing it out, even my waitress & the neighboring waitor were talking about how much they love this sandwitch. My waitress talked to me about the picture taking, stating her and her husand do that while out around Orlando & the story about dessert sizes at a local place.

It is heaven. The bread was fresh, tons of turkey & the cheese sauce and real bacon - non of that pre-cooked crap.

The waitress was also the best of the trip. She was friendly, timely, fun to joke around with & overall seemed to really enjoy her job.

I'm trying to figure out how to get this place into my October plans so my husband can finally experience it.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Looking forward to your review of Bistro de Paris! We are trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Bistro de Paris

The evening of July 4th - I had dinner at Bistro. EPCOT was crowded but not badly so as it was at Magic Kingdom.

I checked in a little early & was quickly seated next to the window overlooking the France Pavillion.

My server was prompt as he went over the menu & I decided on doing the price fix menu w/ the wine pairings this evening.

I started with the amuse bouche:

Sauteed Shrimp w/ Avacodo Mousse.

To be honest, I wasn't much of a fan of the mousse however I really don't like avacodo much in general so I won't fault them for it. The shrimp was nicely cooked & full of flavor!

Jumbo Sautéed Shrimp - with parsely and garlic, crab and sesame seed croquette, cocktail sauce

The shrimp was nicely done. The croquettes were like mini crab cakes & more crab than filler, which makes me happy.

Grilled Beef Tenderloin - beef Parmentier, asparagus, peppercorn sauce

This was amazing! The beef literally melted in your mouth. It was cooked exactly as I like it. The sauce was peppery but not excessive as peppercorn sauces can tend to be.

Vanilla Créme Brulée - caramelized rice pudding, and Upside down caramel cream, Créme Brulée ice cream

Everything on this plate was absolutely amazing, except - the rice pudding. I never have had rice pudding before so it could be I just don't enjoy that product rather than the overall quality of the dish.

I really enjoyed Bistro. I'm looking forward to returning here in October with my husband, provided I dont change that plan a million and a half times. My only complaint is a silly one - the fried strip things! As you can see - 3 of my dishes had them & well - they added nothing to the dish in looks or taste.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #26
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Just found your report, I'll have to catch up and read it later, but glad to see you're back!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #27
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Excellent reviews. We have just made an ADR for the Grand Floridian Cafe next month - I have read some great reviews so really looking forward to it. The food at Bistro de Paris looks amazing - I don't like rice pudding either. Here it is something you usually get cold for school dinners
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
angelmav
DIS Veteran

OK, even though I just ate, your reviews are making me hungry!
angelmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #29
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
I'm in middle GA with a lead foot. The I-75 Construction has gotten a lot better. Most of the stuff around Macon is now gone. Valdosta no longer has it either. Tifton is the only place with bad construction at the moment. I also took the Western Way into Disney and it cut off another 20 minutes or so.
Thanks for the traffic update! Careful with your lead foot around Tifton. It's notorious for speed traps.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #30
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Just found your report, I'll have to catch up and read it later, but glad to see you're back!
Hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Excellent reviews. We have just made an ADR for the Grand Floridian Cafe next month - I have read some great reviews so really looking forward to it. The food at Bistro de Paris looks amazing - I don't like rice pudding either. Here it is something you usually get cold for school dinners
It really is really nice at GFC. I've never had dinner there but judging by my lunches there - it is well worth heading over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmav View Post
OK, even though I just ate, your reviews are making me hungry!
Woot! They make me hungry too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Thanks for the traffic update! Careful with your lead foot around Tifton. It's notorious for speed traps.
Yeah - the traffic/construction there keeps my lead foot in check. I'll remember that when/if it ever gets finished.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: