Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #151
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

It definitely does

And you have no idea how much this smiley amuses me:

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #152
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
It definitely does

I don't get it
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #153
DisneyFirefly

It's a reference to Stargate. The thing the smiley hops through is the stargate, which uses wormhole technology to visit other worlds. The thing on the left hand side is the control unit

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 07-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #154
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

DH and I both have a Mickey pumpkin bucket. See? I'm 5. It's cool.

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #155
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a reference to Stargate. The thing the smiley hops through is the stargate, which uses wormhole technology to visit other worlds. The thing on the left hand side is the control unit
Will we have anything in common IRL ?

Oh yes

WDW and food

ok we're good
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #156
DisneyFirefly

I have a Mickey Christmas tree I'm also 5 I like the tote bag, though, because I can use it at other times of the year when I go grocery shopping or to the water park that my best friend and I go to

Me DF
Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #157
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post

Oh yes

WDW and food

ok we're good

Hey, I never said I wasn't a geek

Me DF
Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #158
DisneyFirefly

So apparently, the Wishes dessert parties have been extended through December 29. I'm tempted to book it, but I'm not sure if I want to.

Anyone have any ideas on the subject? I love desserts, but I'm just not sure if I want to book it or not.

Me DF
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #159
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

At any other time, I would recommend the Dessert Party - but remember, you have to go to enjoy the Desserts; not look for a prime spot to view the fireworks.

But, you are going at the time of year where MNSSHP and the F&W festivals are on. You might be better off thinking about spending the money snacking desserts around F&W and enjoying Illuminations instead.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #160
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post

Oh yes

WDW and food

ok we're good

And ME!!

Firefly - I love the Stargate reference! I found this one below; but yours is so much better!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #161
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So apparently, the Wishes dessert parties have been extended through December 29. I'm tempted to book it, but I'm not sure if I want to.

Anyone have any ideas on the subject? I love desserts, but I'm just not sure if I want to book it or not.
LOL...I'm doing an update on my PTR in a few minutes about the same thing! I have no advice for you, because I'm wondering the same thing!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #162
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I haven't gotten all the way through your PTR yet but I did want to say that I also do not want to plan what I will specifically do in each park b/c we did that last trip and I feel as though I didn't enjoy it as much. I also just made a list of which attractions I wanted to do. This way when we go to the park, I can enjoy myself without worrying about getting my list completed! I still like to plan my day out, though!

Yikes! I suppose you're used to working the night shift but I'm not sure I could do it. Although, the "sleeping in" every day thing I could get used to!

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #163
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
It definitely does

I didn't even need your explanation to know what it was! You and I are totally two Geeks in a pod! You like all my favorite shows!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #164
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
At any other time, I would recommend the Dessert Party - but remember, you have to go to enjoy the Desserts; not look for a prime spot to view the fireworks.

But, you are going at the time of year where MNSSHP and the F&W festivals are on. You might be better off thinking about spending the money snacking desserts around F&W and enjoying Illuminations instead.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I'll just get some ice cream or something and sit over in Fantasyland, like I mentioned last night I love the fireworks, and it's actually pretty cool to feel like you're surrounded by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
And ME!!

Firefly - I love the Stargate reference! I found this one below; but yours is so much better!

I like that one, but I never got into SG1. I like Stargate Atlantis better. I think it's just the different characters. Plus, Joe Flanagan is hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
LOL...I'm doing an update on my PTR in a few minutes about the same thing! I have no advice for you, because I'm wondering the same thing!
Well, you've already made your decision, and I think I've made mine I hope you have a good time at it! Take lots of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I'm here! I haven't gotten all the way through your PTR yet but I did want to say that I also do not want to plan what I will specifically do in each park b/c we did that last trip and I feel as though I didn't enjoy it as much. I also just made a list of which attractions I wanted to do. This way when we go to the park, I can enjoy myself without worrying about getting my list completed! I still like to plan my day out, though!

Yikes! I suppose you're used to working the night shift but I'm not sure I could do it. Although, the "sleeping in" every day thing I could get used to!
I like lists and such, but I don't like detailed itineraries, because you never know what the crowds are going to be like or if you change your mind, you know? I'd just rather go with the flow when it comes to hanging out in the park Plus, it's not like I'll never be back

Technically, it's not really 'sleeping in'. I get off of work at 7am and am usually home around 7:45-8am. By the time I get to bed, it's usually around 8:15-8:30, sometimes later. If I have to work that night, then I have to be up around 4-:4:30 to be at work at 7. So it looks like sleeping in, but it's really not, since it's still about 8 hours or so of sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I didn't even need your explanation to know what it was! You and I are totally two Geeks in a pod! You like all my favorite shows!
That's awesome I prefer SGA over SG1 (don't like SG1 at all, actually), so I wish they'd had a smiley with the wraith in it, but the one I posted is fine with me

Me DF
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #165
DisneyFirefly

I found a blog last night that had pictures of some of the food that's being offered at F&W, so I looked through them to see if any of the things I wanted to try were pictured. They were and, as such, my list of interesting things has changed

I decided to cut the stop in China, since I know I like pot stickers and chicken sticks. I've also decided not to try the baklava, since I was apparently thinking about something else and that's not what I thought it was The other things I cut were the lobster roll, ravioli, beef pita pocket, and the stop in Poland. It seems like when you stop in Poland, the kielbasa they give you is just a small slice, not a whole link So yeah. A few things less

I also ordered my MNSSHP ticket for 10/24, and have been browsing around online to see if I can find a new laptop bag. I'll be ordering it in September, since my next paycheck is going toward airfare and the two after that are already spoken for (large bill and then a Disney payment). I'll also probably be ordering my last MNSSHP ticket with my next paycheck, depending on how much airfare (and my check) turns out to be. I only get paid every two weeks, which kind of sucks.

As for airfare, I've decided to just go with the two seats on Southwest and hope for a refund for the second seat. It's just easier. A little more expensive, but still easier than dealing with being worried about being kicked off the plane. I put in a request at work to have October 22 off as well (I'd previously requested October 23, 24, 27, and 28 and had them approved). I put on the request that the only flight available to me was at 8am, and I get off of work at 7am. There is a flight at 8am, but it's not the only one available, I just want to get to Disney sooner I'd also be able to get some sleep the night before and not be completely exhausted for the next couple of days. After what happened when I went without sleep last Wednesday, I don't want to be exhausted the first three days of my vacation. If they ask, I'll just say that it's because of the seat situation. I don't think it'll be a problem, though. Everyone else I work with waits until the last minute to request vacation, and I put mine in three and a half months in advance. I'd technically be using a sick day for the 22nd, but that's fine by me. If I get that day approved, I'll be off of work from October 20 to November 1 because of the way my days off fell in addition to my vacation days. :woo-hoo:

I'd previously posted that I was thinking about going to the Wishes dessert party one night, but I've decided not to. I think I'll just get a sundae from Mrs Potts and sit by Dumbo and watch the fireworks from there. It's pretty cool to watch them there, since it's like you're surrounded by the fireworks. The vertical fireworks are shot off from the buildings on either side of the Castle, and the huge ones are about a mile north of Fantasyland.

So, yeah. Just moving along

97 days!

Me DF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: