Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #1771
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
LVE the GAD Mickey pin set!!!! Can't wait to get mine!!!
Isn't it adorable? I need to find the perfect place to put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Wow... I missed a lot over the course of my travels last month! I am working on it though! Up to page 110! I won't drag everyone back there by making comments about what I've read so far ~ just wanted you to know I'm reading, enjoying and getting caught up! Maybe I'll catch you before you finish!
Welcome back Nicole. I am not in a rush to finish the trip report. Although there are some funny pictures. Relax, don't worry.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #1772
koalagirl5
Mouseketeer

I've been MIA for a while, but caught up! I'm a bit disappointed though. I was so sure I'd spot myself in one of your pics. Our last day there was the 17th, oh well. I suppose the chances of that happening were pretty slim.

I have to get a set of those ear clips next time I visit! So adorable!

My June 2010 Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2444446
koalagirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #1773
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalagirl5 View Post
I've been MIA for a while, but caught up! I'm a bit disappointed though. I was so sure I'd spot myself in one of your pics. Our last day there was the 17th, oh well. I suppose the chances of that happening were pretty slim.

I have to get a set of those ear clips next time I visit! So adorable!
Hi there!! I was thinking about you the other day. I am glad to see you back. I am sorry that we didn't cross paths. Who knows maybe we'll cross paths on another trip?

I fell in love with those clips, I saw them in someones hair so I looked all over Disneyland for them. And yes, I have worn them since I got home.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #1774
koalagirl5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Hi there!! I was thinking about you the other day. I am glad to see you back. I am sorry that we didn't cross paths. Who knows maybe we'll cross paths on another trip?

I fell in love with those clips, I saw them in someones hair so I looked all over Disneyland for them. And yes, I have worn them since I got home.
I bought some Minnie ear headbands (yes, more than one ) and now I think I will be Minnie for Halloween just to get more use out of them.

After finishing up with my own TR, I kind of forced myself to decompress. Constantly reading posts about DLR was making me crazy to go back already, and I was even wondering how I could scrape up money to go again soon. Since I technically can't afford it, I took a break from torturing myself.

I do want to save my money to return the week after Thanksgiving, maybe as soon as next year. It would be great to experience the holiday decorations, and I've read that that week is a great time crowd-wise to go.

My June 2010 Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2444446
koalagirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #1775
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalagirl5 View Post
I bought some Minnie ear headbands (yes, more than one ) and now I think I will be Minnie for Halloween just to get more use out of them.

After finishing up with my own TR, I kind of forced myself to decompress. Constantly reading posts about DLR was making me crazy to go back already, and I was even wondering how I could scrape up money to go again soon. Since I technically can't afford it, I took a break from torturing myself.

I do want to save my money to return the week after Thanksgiving, maybe as soon as next year. It would be great to experience the holiday decorations, and I've read that that week is a great time crowd-wise to go.
Oh goodness, I find that I do the same thing and I need to get away. Right now I really want to go camping. Getting WBG to agree is another thing. I thought he would be thrilled at the idea but he is fighting it. I don't understand it.

I have a Minnie headband from a past trip that I still wear, I find that it keeps my hair out of my eyes better and more comfortably than most others. I just don't wear it out and about.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #1776
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

All! Caught! Up!

Love the little minnie ears and the clippies too! I've never seen the ears before. I can't stand to wear a hat or a headband all day but I'd wear those little ears in a heartbeat!

Your pics of IASW took me right back to when I went to DL waaaayyy back in 1987. "Yours" is so much prettier on the outside than "ours".

lovebuzzandwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #1777
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
All! Caught! Up!

Love the little minnie ears and the clippies too! I've never seen the ears before. I can't stand to wear a hat or a headband all day but I'd wear those little ears in a heartbeat!

Your pics of IASW took me right back to when I went to DL waaaayyy back in 1987. "Yours" is so much prettier on the outside than "ours".
Well, Hi there!!

I fell in love with them and I do use them at home to keep my hair out of my face. I haven't worm them a way from home yet but who knows I just might.

I love the outside of Small World. It;s sad that the one in DW isn't like that, it's part of it's charm.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #1778
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

I love the outside of Small World. It;s sad that the one in DW isn't like that, it's part of it's charm.
I definitely agree ... cannot wait to see the one in DL in person!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #1779
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I definitely agree ... cannot wait to see the one in DL in person!
I can hardly wait for you to see it!! I need to finish this trip report, or at least add another installment.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #1780
kaoden39
Hugs

When I last left the trip report I was going to go join the girls and Luis Enrique for a little because it would soon be lunch time. And I really didn't want to go play video games at Innoventions with the boys. Sorry but I am not wasting my time playing video games at Disneyland. So off to Fantasyland I went. Oh and I took the camera and WBG took the goodies so I didn't have to carry them all.

This photo set started. The first photo or two were taken by Nerdy Cookies and then I took over. What a fun trio they are!!

We four were on our way to go meet up with Belan, Boo, Bawb, and Loho, at the Troubadour Tavern for lunch. What can I say? The shade is nice and the potatoes are good. And it is a place where Boo will actually eat. While I was ordering the food the kids took pictures.

to be continued....
Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #1781
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Aw, I can't see them again. I will have to read it when I get home later.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #1782
kaoden39
Hugs

back on the farm....

I love this last photo. There is something said for an honest non posed picture.

I was going to hang out with Belan and Boo, but Boo had a meltdown and was just ready to go back to the hotel. After much discussion I decided to go with the boys. The other trio was headed for DCA with the camera and directions to take pictures. Guess how many they took? Absolutely zero!! The boys and I got on the train.

Loho and I horsing around on the train. We got on the train there at the Fantasyland/Toontown station. The boys lasted with me until they heard the siren song of Innoventions. One whole train station and I was alone again. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't sad. I went to my favorite place in the parks, can you guess where it is? For those of you that guessed New Orleans Square you are so right. And here I was without a camera. Argh, but I did have my phone so I got some pictures.

I decided to find a seat near here to get a picture of this lovely lady for one of Berht's friends who is in love with Tiana. Not bad for my phone.

This is it for now. I need to organize my left over pictures and I will add the last installment.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #1783
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Aw, I can't see them again. I will have to read it when I get home later.
Well that sucks. I seem to do that a lot!!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #1784
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

The kids weren't hams for the camera were they??

My kids got all excited to see the picture of Tiana!! They really want to see her!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #1785
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I can see them now! Don't worry, it's not you. It's my work computer. It doesn't like some of those photo sharing sites for some reason.

Too bad that no one took pictures with your camera, but at least you got some good ones with your phone! I can't wait to see New Orleans Square!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: