Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
mpbest
Mom to disney addict in training!!!

Can you take food into Seaworld?

I know you can take food, drinks, etc into WDW, but what about Seaworld? Are they as flexible regarding carrying in your own snacks and drinks? TIA
2004 - Grand Beach
Oct 2009 - Cypress Pointe
April 2010 - POFQ
Oct 2010 - POR & POP
mpbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Detailor
DIS Veteran

The Orlando website isn't as specific as the following from the San Antonio location but one might surmise that same company = same policy. From the FAQ section...

May I bring my own food and beverages into SeaWorld San Antonio?

SeaWorld San Antonio has a strict food and beverage policy as to what may or may not enter the park. Below is a list of what is, or is not allowed under the food and beverage policy. If at any time you have a question about items, please speak to a supervisor or Guest Services.
IS ALLOWED:
Small ice chests of six-pack size or smaller (one per family).
Special dietary food, diabetic, health related or dietary needs. These types of specialty foods may enter the park with park management approval.
Baby food, bottles, jars and other baby items.
Fountain drinks, single serve drinks, refillable mugs (if opened prior to turnstile).
Reasonable quantity of bottled drinking water. Juice boxes (straws must be disposed of).
Single servings of snacks.
IS NOT ALLOWED:
Alcohol is never permitted in through or out of the turnstiles. Any alcohol from outside of SeaWorld must be disposed of prior to entry. Any alcoholic beverage purchased at SeaWorld must be disposed of prior to exiting through the gates.
Ice chests larger than six-pack size.
Straws and lids.
Bags of fast food items, picnic baskets, sandwiches or loafs of bread (meals).
Soda, sports drinks or energy drinks (single serving is allowed if open).
Large servings of snacks.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
DisneyWithMyBoyz
Mouseketeer

The past 2 times we went, we brought 2 small, soft sided coolers (6pk can sized). In one we had sandwiches and in the other we had sodas/juice boxes (with straws) and waters.

Then in the diaper bag we had snacks.

Security didn't say a word. And then we decided to eat while waiting for one of the shows (outside theater where food and drinks are allowed) and nobody said anything when we pulled out our lunch.
DisneyWithMyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
wolf29
DIS Veteran

We usually take advantage of the picnic area neat the Budweiser Pavillion. We've found security to be much more relaxed about such things than @ WDW. 2 small coolers, one for sandwiches & one for drinks has never been a problem.
wolf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

I have found that it depends on the security guard. I've been 3 times bringing food/drinks and have been successful 1 time. The other times I was told that it had to go back to the car.
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote