Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #121
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
I'd like to know if there is any diet caffine free soda offered for the refillable mugs. For example Sprite Zero or caffine free diet coke. Also if anyone knows the current offerings on the soda for the refillable mugs at CBR that would be great!

Thanks
I had a similar question about cherry coke recently and I just ended up calling CBR to ask. The number for CBR is at the beginning of this thread. The woman I talked with didn't know for sure so she put me on hold and then connected me with the front desk(I think that is what she said). I felt kind of silly calling just to find out if they had cherry coke in the machines, but at least I had my question answered. I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you if you call!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #122
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post
I had a similar question about cherry coke recently and I just ended up calling CBR to ask. The number for CBR is at the beginning of this thread. The woman I talked with didn't know for sure so she put me on hold and then connected me with the front desk(I think that is what she said). I felt kind of silly calling just to find out if they had cherry coke in the machines, but at least I had my question answered. I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you if you call!
Thanks - just thought someone who had recently visited might remember.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #123
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
DISNEY'S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT

Welcome to the CBR FAQ's Part V. This thread will always be stuck at the top of the Resorts board along with all the other resorts.

Preferred locations
Martinique it will be buildings 24, 25, 26. In Trinidad North it will be 31,32,33. The additional charge will be $15 per night.
Hi everyone!
Have reservations for the CBR come 1st of December.
Hoping someone might be kind enough to help out.

For preferred locations, is it possible to be upgraded or bumped up to these locations w/o the nightly fee?

Are there 2nd preferred locations that have a nightly fee?
I'm looking at the resort map and am interested in either
Jamaica 45 or Aruba 52. From the map, it seems like they are still close to the pool and it "looks" like you can walk across the pool to the food court.
Is that correct?

If Jamaica 45 or Aruba 52 are not considered "2nd best", then can someone chime in and tell me which ones I should look at?

It'll be family of 4 (wife, daughter & son 4&5)
Old 07-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #124
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
Hi everyone!
Have reservations for the CBR come 1st of December.
Hoping someone might be kind enough to help out.

For preferred locations, is it possible to be upgraded or bumped up to these locations w/o the nightly fee?

Are there 2nd preferred locations that have a nightly fee?
I'm looking at the resort map and am interested in either
Jamaica 45 or Aruba 52. From the map, it seems like they are still close to the pool and it "looks" like you can walk across the pool to the food court.
Is that correct?

If Jamaica 45 or Aruba 52 are not considered "2nd best", then can someone chime in and tell me which ones I should look at?

It'll be family of 4 (wife, daughter & son 4&5)
We have stayed in preferred locations (Martinique) twice. Once, we paid for it and once we were given a free upgrade.

There are only two preferred locations/villages in the resort and that's Trinidad North and some of the buildings in Martinique. Jamaica and Aruba are both standard locations and do not cost extra. Barbados is also a standard location.

During our other stays, we have been in a non-preferred building in Martinique and twice in Jamaica Building 41. In all honesty, we have had no issues with walking at the resort. Even when we stayed in the non-preferred locations, the walks were at the most 5 minutes at a leisurely pace.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #125
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Thanks for the quick response!

This is our first stay at the CRB.
So I want to follow with our TA and request a certain building if anyone here thinks we should.

Really what I want to avoid are the "it's to far, i'm tired" from the kids, LOL.

thanks again
Old 07-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #126
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So I want to follow with our TA and request a certain building if anyone here thinks we should.

Really what I want to avoid are the "it's to far, i'm tired" from the kids, LOL.

thanks again
You're welcome. I have pictures of Jamaica 41 in my trip report. If you want to have a look around, just click on "Who Knew Choking...."

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #127
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Just found out that we are staying at CBR this Oct. 14-19!

We were staying at POP, but then I got a FD PIN that had no offers for value resorts, so my TA upgraded us to CBR.

My daughter and I are excited to learn about a new resort.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #128
Trep72

Question Deliveries

Ok, I did a couple of searches within the thread and came up empty.

Since the rooms have mini-fridges, I'm thinking about having a case of bottled water shipped to the resort before we get there.

Does CBR accept deliveries like that and if so, how does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to do this (i.e., who to buy from, how to have it shipped, # of days in advance to purchase/ship, etc)

Thank you in advance for any information provided. I appreciate it.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #129
Trep72

Southwest Airlines Update???

Any updates as to whether Southwest is at CBR?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #130
WDWisOurHappyPlace
Mouseketeer

We've decided to go on a Disney trip before school starts. We will arrive this Sunday and will be staying at CBR for 6 nights! No preferred rooms are available so I put in a request of a ground floor room in Building 45 or 51. Crossing my fingers that we get it. If not, we'll be happy anyway. (My son and daughter have a mild physical disability and being close to the main pool and food court helps.) I'll post a few pictures here when we get back.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #131
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:

thanks again
We have not stayed at CBR yet (75 days!), but we stayed at CSR last year.

It's not as spread out as CBR, but I had read many comments about how large it was and how far things were so I was a bit nervous. We wound up being put in the farthest room from the main pool, but were pleasantly surprised that it was an easy walk. The first time we brought the strollers, but found that my 5 and almost 3 yo were able to walk there, swim, play, and walk back with no issues.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #132
WIMom
Favorite line from Phineas and Ferb "A stunning lack of monkeys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
I'd like to know if there is any diet caffine free soda offered for the refillable mugs. For example Sprite Zero or caffine free diet coke. Also if anyone knows the current offerings on the soda for the refillable mugs at CBR that would be great!

Thanks
Hi! Our family just returned from CBR 2 days ago and we were frequent visitors to the beverage island.

Diet Caffeine Free Coke or Sprite Zero was not in the dispensers. However there was a Minute Maid Lemonade, Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade, Blue Powerade (not sure if that is caffeine free) and a Hi C fruity drink.

I hope this helps!

Amy

WImom, DH, DS14, DD10

'90 - Offsite
'96 & '98 - AllStar Sport
7/10, 4/11, 7/12 - CBR
8/13 - POP
8/14- POR
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #133
WIMom
Favorite line from Phineas and Ferb "A stunning lack of monkeys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiemac78 View Post
I just booked our room for Caribbean Beach Resort today. It will be our first stay here. Our other two trips we stayed at All Star Movies. I saw somewhere online where you can mail a coconut. My daughter really wants to get some of these to mail home to her friends and was wondering how much they cost. Thanks!
Hi, We just left CBR on the 12th. The cost of the mailable cocont is $14.95 with the mailing sticker already attached.

Enjoy your stay, we did!

Amy

WImom, DH, DS14, DD10

'90 - Offsite
'96 & '98 - AllStar Sport
7/10, 4/11, 7/12 - CBR
8/13 - POP
8/14- POR
Old 07-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #134
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome. I have pictures of Jamaica 41 in my trip report. If you want to have a look around, just click on "Who Knew Choking...."
If you want to see the pictures without skimming thru TR (you can do it later), here's the link to those pictures:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=133
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #135
Twinkler
Mouseketeer

I'm calling tomorrow for our February vacation and we've decided on CBR with pirate room. I can't wait to find out what dates we will be there.

Thanks for all your hard work on the thread.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: