Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikestoublie View Post
Loving you trip report. Sounds like you had a fantastic time, with a few family exceptions. Know how that one goes...but least you still had fun.

Looking at all the pictures of the kitties is killing me. I can see it now - with all the wonders of Disney but DD instead will spend her vacation hunting kitties and wanting to rescue them all. Does sound like Disney does put some effort into taking care of them though, which is great to hear. And would think with all the people that they should be well fed.

Can't wait to read more. Need something to keep me busy till we leave.
Yeah--I knew where to look because of the DIS boards but still, every time we were on the train (which we were on a lot btw) I was just looking for kitties lol. Seems you can always find them at the Hungry Bear, (they should rename this the Hungry Kitty) begging at tables or around the back and underneath there. Husband said he talked to a cm about them and she said they all have their areas they like to hang out in and the cm's really spoil them and they get fed and petted a lot! I wish I'd asked about who does the trapping and spay/neuter at guest realations but we were in a hurry as usual and I didn't want to take up more time from them than I had to.
Also the LMGH's. I had to stop myself from constantly looking for the lime green mickey heads because I wasn't looking at Disneyland.
After awhile I regulated to just looking at people in line for them, eventually I gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Isn't Cafe Orleans' good.....absolutely love this restaurant!! More great pics & report. Sounds like the crowds were pretty light & you were able to get a lot of rides done....awesome!
Even with the crowds so bad Mon & Tues. We did very well with rides. Tues I think I was getting a little annoyed with the sheer volume of people. There was once instance where I had gone to get Roger Rabbit fast passes while DH and kid went to wait for the train and when I got back to the train a family which included some teenage girls wouldn't let me by them to join husband lol. They said there wasn't any room and there was plenty of room so I just kind of hopped and skipped by them...There was a guy coming out of Fantasmic post show rapids who ran into my husband full speed with a stroller--husband didn't mind but the little girl in there looked annoyed at Dad. Disney really knows how to control the masses though I will say-- I saw so many characters out this trip, and lots of street entertainment. Coke corner had a guy playing the piano there that was wonderful. The pirate guys were a lot of fun too, wish I'd got a pic of them. They had some women fans who knew all the words to their songs and who chased after them when they were done lol.
Yeah I wish I'd gone back to get the beignets, I know husband would have liked just about everything on the menu.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #17
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

last bump ;-)

Friday—last day, and Sat—drive home
Got up and headed out by myself as no one else was up got waylaid a bit by kitten, (!) but managed to get there a little before rope drop. BTW kitten wasn't there when we walked back for afternoon break or when we walked back to the room that night.
Headed straight up to matterhorn, kind of took a wrong turn—really rely on husbands map skills…but only had a 10 minute wait for Matterhorn which I only got to ride twice the whole trip due to lines wrapped around it. Then headed to Space where I was only going to get a fast pass but it was a 25 minute wait so I went too—thinking of hydroguy as I made my decision. I’m glad I went—I love Space.
Met up with husband and kid, pretty sure they got fast passes for Buzz since I got one for space. We went on pirates and haunted mansion, then went to look at the island. We hadn’t been there for at least 10 years so it was nice to see the remake. We liked the stuff in the caves..We spent some time in shops that day using up our $200 points rewards in the afternoon. Saw Mickey and Minnie dancing in that area when you first come out of the tunnel.
I know we met up with family at 3:15 to see Aladdin. Got there about 3pm or a little after, split up as they had the preferred seating. Found them as we went in and sat directly behind them. Was fun seeing the show from ground level—never had done that before. Genie was very funny as usual. Was falling asleep during the show though.
After it was over sis in law asked me if I could go on TOT with niece and I said no- we’d been planning to go back to the room after that. Felt bad but going to TOT at 4pm on a hot afternoon with no fast pass seemed brutal to me and I was tired. Came back and I wanted to check out World of Disney because I hadn’t found any shirts I liked yet. Found a cute Minnie one, accidentally put it on the wrong card (I still had $141 left on my points card at this point) and they fixed it relatively quickly. Kid had called and we went to meet him at gate. My plan was to go on the monorail one more time from dt Disney but husband wanted to meet up with kid and go on the train. So that was ok, checked the train map and saw it was in Tomorrowland. Waited. Waited some more. More. The parade was going on- so I figured it had something to do with that. Uh huh. Do not attempt train travel when the parade is going on. It crosses the tracks twice. After finally boarding we stopped again in Toon Town and after waiting a bit cm over heard us talking and told us we could get off if we wanted too there because it would be awhile as the parade was crossing the tracks again…can’t remember what we did then. I think I went to get another fast pass for Space so kid and I could ride it but fast pass was out for the day.
Went to use the bathroom and found a fast pass sitting kind of crumpled on a bench-(score). Someone thought it had expired I'm sure. Found one like that last time too. We rode space, and then buzz I think. We went on Roger Rabbit at least once this trip, maybe it was this day. I know we went on big thunder probably twice a day each day. At some point I went to the handicapped area for Fantasmic to wait for family. Called them—they were at dinner…stood and waited for them outside roped off area for about a half hour. I told cm’s my party was coming. They finally showed up maybe 10 minutes before the show started. I’m glad they got to see it once anyway. Because they were so late we ended up pretty far to the right so they couldn’t see Pinocchio, and the eels weren’t present that night (bummer) but it was nice seeing the dragon from that angle. They said they were going to try the next night. We were actually talking to them while we were driving, intermittently during our drive home and sis in lasw said about 5m they were going to go try to see World of Color again. I asked husband calmly if they had fast passes...lol of course not so we advised them to "try" for Fantasmic instead. Of course the handicapped area was full by the time they got there so they didn't go. Sigh...........
I think we went on Big thunder and Indi after that –not sure, but that was our last night.
Packed a few things, husband took a few things to car and crashed.
This was taken on the back path that comes out by princess fantasy fair
[IMG][/IMG]
It’s a good thing I didn’t decide to try and take the Disney kitten because these were waiting for me in our receiving area at work…starving abandoned/dumped mama and her kittens. One of my co-workers took 2—pretty sure these 2 and mama are mine now although I’m trying….(Umm-- named them)
this is Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas)
[IMG][/IMG]
Cleo. (mama kitty)Just because she is so sweet and pretty. Gepetto's cleo y'know.
[IMG][/IMG]
And Figaro
[IMG][/IMG]

The drive home Saturday went pretty well, I think we left around 11 am (because we had to join family for breakfast at Mimi's before we left even though they knew I had to work early Sunday) and got home about 2 am. Was really tired though lol—slept a lot! So I was somewhat lucid for work.
Ate at an Inn & Out, (finally) right there in cow country—great hamburgers lol.
Right before the siskious we stopped at a rest stop and you have a breathtaking view of the river there—really pretty. Didn’t think to dig out camera.
Ordered a usb cord for my phone's camera so should be able to shanghai some pics from it soon-- really wish I'd taken more pics this trip...

*Sally--later turned into Wall E. Lol.

Last edited by 50sjayne; 01-12-2012 at 04:25 PM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

All in all, it sounds like a great trip!! Family, food, rides, entertainment & kitties!! Got it all covered!! Score on the FP!! It amazes me that people still don't know how to use them!!

Thanx for sharing your adventure with us!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #19
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

I'm gonna come check out your pre trippie,--gettin' closer to the date! We live through you guys so take lots of pics!
It was a killer trip really-- and having the family was kind of like---wife swap I guess. I think they learned some stuff from us and they helped me relax some and go with the flow. Didn't ride Dumbo or Casey and could have used a few more rides on matterhorn and TOT but all in all success. I don't think we'll ever go again during the busy season however--at least not when the ap's are unblocked, it's too much. BUT will consider maybe times that are a little warmer then when we have gone before. I did enjoy not freezing my rear end at the end of the night and getting wet on the water rides.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I'm gonna come check out your pre trippie,--gettin' closer to the date! We live through you guys so take lots of pics!
It was a killer trip really-- and having the family was kind of like---wife swap I guess. I think they learned some stuff from us and they helped me relax some and go with the flow. Didn't ride Dumbo or Casey and could have used a few more rides on matterhorn and TOT but all in all success. I don't think we'll ever go again during the busy season however--at least not when the ap's are unblocked, it's too much. BUT will consider maybe times that are a little warmer then when we have gone before. I did enjoy not freezing my rear end at the end of the night and getting wet on the water rides.
You know me.....I take tons of pics!!

We've gone spring break the last 2 trips but decided to give the summer a go again. What I really want to do is go during the holidays....but there's always things closed down & would hate missing out on our favorites!!

I'm with you on being wet & cold.....YUCK!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #21
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Friday—last day, and Sat—drive home
Got up and headed out by myself as no one else was up got waylaid a bit by kitten, (!) but managed to get there a little before rope drop. BTW kitten wasn't there when we walked back for afternoon break or when we walked back to the room that night.
Glad to hear that the kitty was gone by the end of the week. I am sure he will have a great life at Disneyland and it sounds like some other kitties needed you!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
Kristi391
Mouseketeer

I loved reading your report! Who knew there were so many kitties at DL!

I do have a question regarding your 1st post. You said that you had only applied for the Disney Rewards Visa a few weeks before and you were able to go to customer service to get the $200 gift card. My question is, did you have to pre-arrange that with Chase or did you just walk in and show a sales slip as proof that you had used the card? I just applied for the card and will be at DL in about 2.5 weeks and the $200 would come in very handy!

Thanks,

Kristi
Kristi391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi391 View Post
I loved reading your report! Who knew there were so many kitties at DL!

I do have a question regarding your 1st post. You said that you had only applied for the Disney Rewards Visa a few weeks before and you were able to go to customer service to get the $200 gift card. My question is, did you have to pre-arrange that with Chase or did you just walk in and show a sales slip as proof that you had used the card? I just applied for the card and will be at DL in about 2.5 weeks and the $200 would come in very handy!

Thanks,

Kristi
Well as soon as I got the card I used it. Then I called them because I thought I had to tell them I used it or something and the guy I talked to figured out I was going in a few weeks and changed the application date so I could use it. I would try several times with different people to see if they will do this for you. The first lady I talked to said there was nothing she could do...
If they can do this for you-- there are certain dates you have to catch it by--I'd call asap then you can go to guest relations and they will give you a blank card with a number on the back and chase's phone number on it and you just then call them to get the points loaded.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: