Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #91
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah1310 View Post
This might not be the right place to ask, but perhaps you can direct me elsewhere --

if I am NOT attending the MNSSHP, would it still be okay to visit the MK on a day that it is scheduled?

I guess what I'm tyring to figure out is what the crowds are like in MK on the day/morning when there is a party at night.

thanks!

In theory, it is one of the BEST days to visit the MK, since many will avoid the park not wanting to 1) leave early or 2) miss Wishes and Spectro.

We did MK all day Tuesday and Thursday 9/29 and 10/1 last year. Both were party days. Tuesday turned out to be CRAZY busy (which still doesn't make sense to me. Thursday was the slowest day I've ever been in the MK. Splash and BTMRR were a 5-10 minute wait mid-day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #92
martyshoney
princess in training mom

We are still trying to decide when we want to go! We will be there Oct. 27th through Nov. 2nd so we are thinking maybe the one on the 1st so it won't be as crowded??? I love all these tips, they are awesome!!!! Thanks for posting!

I've been Blessed twice and gobbled!
martyshoney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #93
Delilah1310
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
In theory, it is one of the BEST days to visit the MK, since many will avoid the park not wanting to 1) leave early or 2) miss Wishes and Spectro.

We did MK all day Tuesday and Thursday 9/29 and 10/1 last year. Both were party days. Tuesday turned out to be CRAZY busy (which still doesn't make sense to me. Thursday was the slowest day I've ever been in the MK. Splash and BTMRR were a 5-10 minute wait mid-day.
wow! thanks, mom2rtk!

Leaving early is not a concern for us ... we'll have an almost 4-year-old on his first trip and I expect our strategy anyway (party or not) would be to stay the whole day in a park but leave early (around dinnertime). Wishes and Spectro will have to wait for the next trip, anyway.

sounds like the party schedule could work for us!
thanks again!
Delilah1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #94
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Dose anyone know if you can buy any Disney costumes at the Park or at the Disney Store downtown? We are going on Nov 1st, but will be at disney on Oct 30. This will be our first party and I can't wait. What time can we get to the park and get in for the party?

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #95
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

You can buy costumes within the parks ( I know MK for sure) and I also know that you can also buy them at Downtown Disney. I usually find mine on e-bay and pack them along. I always find a brand new Disney costume for less than the cost of them at Disney. However, some people just like to buy them at Disney just because it's easier I guess.
2008 -CSR & The Poly / 2009 - SSR
2010 - CBR - great time!!
Naisy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #96
Symphony
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I highly suggest just getting in line between 6 and 6:30. Or at least go to the area and pin down where the line will be and watch for others to start getting in line.

YES, that makes for a long wait, but much of your wait is outside of party hours. If they come out at 7:30 like last year (which I think is nuts... why not 7???) then it only takes slightly more than 30 minutes of party time. You can then go see Mickey and Minnie or stake out a spot for the parade.

If you go later, you have a longer wait during party time, and risk hitting one of their 30 minute breaks. That's when it becomes a HUGE time drain.
I was thinking of hitting the line about 6.30, I read that advice on another thread. The rest of my party will love me for it but I really want to get that photo and like you say, we won't really waste any of the party and then we can got and see other things. We're quite laid back so standing in line doesn't really bother us too much

Thanks for the advice, I thought 6.30 would be early enough but we'll go earlier and take a peek at how the line is forming, think it'll mostly be full of other DISers, there seems to be a lot of us on the 14th

We're going all out for a special holiday. Christmas and New Year in WDW Florida
22/12/13 - 1/1/14 Kidani Village Savannah View

Bonus holiday!
5th of May to the 19th of May Jambo House
Symphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #97
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

So now I have a question for all you expert party goers. After reading a hundred different threads, I am wondering if I made the right choice for our party night.
I have planned for us to attend the party on Oct.12 this is the Tuesday proceeding Columbus Day observance, the Touring Guide has this day listed as a 5 for attendance. I am wondering how that will really affect MK and the party ? We are also going to M.K on Oct.19th (Tuesday also) and the Touring Guide lists this day as a 1, but again I am unsure if this lower number crowd day really has any effect on the party itself.
My thoughts were the earlier for the party the better as far as crowds ? Please let me know what you think - Have a made the right choice or should we go on the 19th instead ??
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #98
ellie0311
Mouseketeer

Hooray going to my first MNSSHP on Oct 19!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #99
stephielela
DIS Veteran

DS and I are going to our very first MNSSHP on Sept. 28!! Halloween is my fave holiday, and I cannot wait to see MK all decorated for fall!! (Fall is my fave season) I am hoping to get him into Pirates League, but I just decided, so I don't know how good our chances are. DS won't be 3 quite yet, and i heard it was for kids 3 and up... but he's close enough I think... I am just waiting to hear if you can indeed still get in at 4 pm, so anyone going to the first party- let us know!! Thanks for starting this thread!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #100
tpimental
Mouseketeer

This is a fantastic thread! We are going for the first time on Oct 28th. My DD will be 4 and she loves the villians, my son will be turning 2 that week. I think we need to come up with costumes!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #101
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Someone asked about the MNSSHP tshirts. Two years ago they were glow in the dark. I'm pretty sure they were last year too, but we didn't buy them since we were wearing them from the year before. When I went to buy my shirt 2 years ago, they were out of my size, so the CM said he would go in the back to look. He found the last one, but I asked him what if he hadn't and he said I could go by Guest Relations (I think this is where he said) the next day and show them my bracelet and they could find one for me. I don't know if that's true now, but it's info I'd file away....just in case.

Last year (Thursday before Columbus Day) we got in line for Snow White et al at about 6:30 and we were the third family/group in line. Snow didn't come out until almost 7:30, but the CM's told us that would be the time. As soon as we were done, we headed for Tinkbell, then Princesses/Princes. The biggest thing was to have a plan and be sure everyone knows which way to go once you are done the photos.

I would also offer your camera to the photographers. We had the CD prebought, so I used both the photopass photographers and gave them my camera. I found many of the pictures from the party at night were blurry. Either we were blurry or the background was. Sometimes my camera did better, sometimes it didn't. For this reason, I make DD stop and take numerous pictures in front of the castle if they are done at night. Most of the blurry ones involved the castle.

(Free) Face painting does run a little when it is pouring down rain, in case anyone wants to know.

Rain can change the schedule, but you have already paid, so enjoy yourself. It poured 2 years ago, but once it let up to a slow rain, we headed out and rode the rides. We decided we were in Disney and we would enjoy ourselves no matter what. DD and I had a blast!
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #102
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Someone asked about the MNSSHP tshirts. Two years ago they were glow in the dark.
A little OT, but I ALWAYS forget this until it's time to go to bed. My DH goes to bed first so the room is always dark when I walk in, and more than once I've been startled by my glowing shirt.

Honestly, they could just re-release the same shirt and change the date and I'd probably still buy it. I've got the Halloween shirt from 2008 and Christmas shirt from 2009 so it's a tradition now! (Two years can be a tradition, right?)
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #103
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Thanks to the OP for starting a 2010 thread!

We are going to the Nov 1 party, since that is the day we fly down. (No way DS was missing trick or treating at home! ) Now he gets "bonus" candy!

This is our 2nd MNSSHP, but our 1st one was 5 years ago and we didn't see the parade or too many characters- we simply rode the rides

We have a 4pm appointment at the Pirate League and I already purchased a skeleton pirate costume for DS, on clearance, from buycostumes.com.

From what I am reading, we need to figure out which character is "most important" to us and get in line by 6:30, right? When we do MVMCP, we always get in line early for Mickey, so I guess that is where we should head this time too (As much as I would LOVE to see Snow White and the Dwarves, I doubt my guys would be willing to wait for a "princess" )

Also, it appears the 2nd parade is the one to be at (just like MVMCP), but realisitcally, how early do we need to get a seat if we want to see it from Main Street and still see the Headless Horseman?

TIA! And I can't wait to read more tips as the 1st parties get under way!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #104
Iwant2BAprincess
DIS Veteran

costume help

This is our 4th party in 5 years so it is costume time again. I usually cordinate the kids together and then DH and myself-Here is my question...
DH is going as Hercules-I keep looking at the purple Meg style dress but I am afraid it may be a little snug since it only comes in "standard". I can find other greek style costumes no problem but just no one that looks like the Disney movie-Which do you go with???
Iwant2BAprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #105
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Do the adults go trick or treating???

We are doing a girls weekend in October and going to the MNSSHP. I can't wait to see the parade. I was wondering if the adults get to trick or treat for candy??
Sweety_tweety is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: