Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #76
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Commando Role Call

This is a test run to make sure I got everyone that does Commando planning or strategies or would like to. You can be mild to extreme, or if you would like to learn

I'm sure most of us on other threads have felt like outcasts for planning a full agenda and have been critizied negatively That is not the case here, Fellow Commando's can help each other to fulfill plans

If I missed anyone let me know

Commando Role Call

1- Disney Commando
2- JPGonzales
3- areck
4- jason10mm
5- bcinchio
6- shmilyl
7- Sassagoula Billy
8- JenNel85
9- dudelydude
10- Planogirl
11- WishAndDream
12- jannylynn
13- starwarsdisney
14- tarheel girl
15- jake&samsmom
16- MYD714
17- CR Resort Fan 4 Life
18- ntsammy5
19- 3smithboys
20- serene56
21- mortimor
22- Karpkg
23- coreymd
24- Torgue
25- topmonkeygirl
26- sewingmolly
27- bluejasmine
28- onnawufei
29- Dayton Flyer
30- Figment1990
31- blondietink
32- tweedlemom
33- BEANTOWNDR7
34- bizcrazel
35- Fastcars
36- Rekenna
37- disEAR
38 - Noel22
39- disneyjunkie
40- Donalyn
41- Sagginit
42- TinkerBellSam
43 - katybug34
44- phnguyk
45- missesdisney
46- always
47- scottishduffy
48- islandbabe
49- mnlibzi
50- tink86
51- AJRitz
52- dvczerfs
53- perfectparanoia
54- Lorilais mommie
55- GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
56- stitchywoman
57- Kitikat
58- AlexWyattMommy
59- Plucker001
60- mjp12831
61- afwdwfan
62- princessmom29
63- Sweety tweety
64- Katems
65- ~armywife~
66- Hooked On The Mouse
67- TaraBara
68- Dolewhip DVC
69- Minnie Mi
70- scrappinmom
71- icesk8abc
72- mindync
73- Motomom06

All Commando's ,This is a place where you can kick off your boots and relax while planning your trip, share your strategies and experience's and most of all have some fun

I thought of a possible name for our club: Commando Planning & Strategy Club - To Infinity & Beyond

I will edit all this into the 1st post if you think it sounds O.K.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 07-23-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #77
katybug34
Goofy and Goofier

count me in!
katybug34 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #78
phnguyk
Mouseketeer

advise

I am the big planner in the family while my husband goes along for the ride as long as he can before trying to sabotage my commando style. He likes his sleep.

I'm not really a morning person especially on vacation but we are talking Disney here so I try to get the gang ready and out for rope drop. We usually end up just a little past rope drop, but still are able to get stuff done before the crowds.

We went the week before Easter and it was insanely busy!!! I never want to go during a busy time like that again. But super early and super late was great in the parks! We had no choice but to break midday, the crowds were terrible! We were still able to do everything we wanted during that week with a little planning.

And don't forget to throw out plans when needed. I had this great plan for us at MK one night but my boys saw the dance party going on and we ended up spending most of the night there. It was a blast even though it wasn't part of the schedule at all!
phnguyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #79
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Didn't read the whole thing yet but I like this thread.

My name is Missesdisney and I am a Disney Commando!

So is my whole family including my 9 year old son who has Disney in his blood.

I look forward to reading this thread and contributing when I am not half asleep!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #80
always
Mouseketeer

Wink

My sister is the commando and I am along for the ride. She's been working and reworking her spreadsheet for 6 weeks now. (We arrive on the 23rd of this month!)

Question:
What shoes should I bring?! I'm bring a pair of gym shoes for sure but I'd like other recommendations.

Thanks!!
always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #81
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybug34 View Post
count me in!
You have been added you are member#43 Tell us a little about yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyk View Post
I am the big planner in the family while my husband goes along for the ride as long as he can before trying to sabotage my commando style. He likes his sleep.

I'm not really a morning person especially on vacation but we are talking Disney here so I try to get the gang ready and out for rope drop. We usually end up just a little past rope drop, but still are able to get stuff done before the crowds.

We went the week before Easter and it was insanely busy!!! I never want to go during a busy time like that again. But super early and super late was great in the parks! We had no choice but to break midday, the crowds were terrible! We were still able to do everything we wanted during that week with a little planning.

And don't forget to throw out plans when needed. I had this great plan for us at MK one night but my boys saw the dance party going on and we ended up spending most of the night there. It was a blast even though it wasn't part of the schedule at all!
You are member #44 The kids come 1st, a happy kid(s)A happy trip. My DW & DS (next month will be 5 this is his 5th trip) along with her extended family. Every night since he has been there he has been very sad sad when I talk to him he wants me there, he dosn't want to go to the hotel , it's not Herbies (Allstar movies) it's not good. When we were there in Nov. Not planned but he went on GMTT 13 times and BCRR 6 times.
Being flexible is a great thing since IMO if kids are involved they are the ones to please

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post
Didn't read the whole thing yet but I like this thread.

My name is Missesdisney and I am a Disney Commando!

So is my whole family including my 9 year old son who has Disney in his blood.

I look forward to reading this thread and contributing when I am not half asleep!
You are member #45 You are like my family read above my DS iS will be 5 next month and has already taken on my commando ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by always View Post
My sister is the commando and I am along for the ride. She's been working and reworking her spreadsheet for 6 weeks now. (We arrive on the 23rd of this month!)

Question:
What shoes should I bring?! I'm bring a pair of gym shoes for sure but I'd like other recommendations.

Thanks!!
You are member #46 I wear what is comfortable even if they are kinda crappy lookin' Dw always gets me a new pair of sneaks before we go, but they are not broken in yet so during the day they would bother me big time, IMO being comfortable is mor important than what they look like (don't have many shoe shot pics in the ole' family alblum)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #82
scottishduffy
I was walking around and providing my own musical theme song in the chord of F flat
"Yes ma'am. I am trying to develop an amazing pain tolerance and thought this would be an *awesome* way to start."

I would be the commando within my group, so I am in!

The trick is going commando, but still making it feel spontaneous to those in your group not of the 'commando' mindset. My group (DH, Best friend K, Friend J) had complained of things feeling too planned. So I lightened way up....made no plans... then they complained of having no structure.

So now they agree I should make plans, but not inform anyone of the plans. That way our day feels spontaneous even if it isn't entirely so.

Longest day ever in parks: 8:00 KTTK tour ending with EMH in the MK until 1:00 am.

Craziest day: All 4 parks in one day... hitting an early EMH and an evening EMH. I don't think I could ever do that again though.

Craziest planning ever: Figured out where and what time dream FP's were most commonly distributed. Placed my party in that location at that time and we won dream FP's! They count this both as the most brilliant and the stupidest thing I've ever done.

Strategy: Rope drop followed by big rides all morning until lunch. Afternoon of airconditioned shows and slow rides to relax. Maybe just some people watching. Pick up more rides and parades in late afternoon and evening. Perhaps after park close head out to have a couple cocktails before turning in for the night.

So far we have have had great trips together! I try to be nice and take everyone's tolerances into account when planning. Obviously days for just DH and I are much different than days when we drag our 2 yr old niece around.
scottishduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #83
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishduffy View Post
I would be the commando within my group, so I am in!

The trick is going commando, but still making it feel spontaneous to those in your group not of the 'commando' mindset. My group (DH, Best friend K, Friend J) had complained of things feeling too planned. So I lightened way up....made no plans... then they complained of having no structure.

So now they agree I should make plans, but not inform anyone of the plans. That way our day feels spontaneous even if it isn't entirely so.

Longest day ever in parks: 8:00 KTTK tour ending with EMH in the MK until 1:00 am.

Craziest day: All 4 parks in one day... hitting an early EMH and an evening EMH. I don't think I could ever do that again though.

Craziest planning ever: Figured out where and what time dream FP's were most commonly distributed. Placed my party in that location at that time and we won dream FP's! They count this both as the most brilliant and the stupidest thing I've ever done.

Strategy: Rope drop followed by big rides all morning until lunch. Afternoon of airconditioned shows and slow rides to relax. Maybe just some people watching. Pick up more rides and parades in late afternoon and evening. Perhaps after park close head out to have a couple cocktails before turning in for the night.

So far we have have had great trips together! I try to be nice and take everyone's tolerances into account when planning. Obviously days for just DH and I are much different than days when we drag our 2 yr old niece around.
You are member #47. Please let us know more about the dream FP's, what exactly are they and how do you get them. Sounds like something alot of us would like to get in on

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #84
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by always View Post
Question:

Thanks!!

I bring a variety of shoes.

Sneakers for early morning/afternoon touring

comfortable flip flops( for me that means they must have an arch) to change into when/if my feet get hot

cute sandals to match dresses/skirts for dinner ADRs.

Don't forget water shoes for water parks/pools

disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #85
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie View Post
I bring a variety of shoes.

comfortable flip flops( for me that means they must have an arch) to change into when/if my feet get hot
First - love the pic in your signature!

What kind of flip flops with an arch do you usually wear? It's a never ending search for me
Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #86
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post

What kind of flip flops with an arch do you usually wear? It's a never ending search for me
I know you weren't asking me, so I hope you don't mind if I jump in....

I like the Crocs Capri style flip flops, and I just bought a pair of Sketchers Tone Ups Flip Flops, and they are really comfy. Both offer good support.
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #87
scottishduffy
I was walking around and providing my own musical theme song in the chord of F flat
"Yes ma'am. I am trying to develop an amazing pain tolerance and thought this would be an *awesome* way to start."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
You are member #47. Please let us know more about the dream FP's, what exactly are they and how do you get them. Sounds like something alot of us would like to get in on
The Dream FP's were part of the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion about 2 yrs ago. If you won one, you automatically had FP's for all the major rides in that park. They no longer are around as it was just part of that short promotion.

I basically just read the threads of people who had won and found out most people won them early in the morning (before 10:00 am). I also found out alot of people won them on The Great Movie Ride. So I arranged for my group to ride that ride early one morning, and by sheer dumb luck we ended up winning some! That is one of our funnier Disney moments, they still can't believe it worked.
scottishduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #88
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishduffy View Post
The Dream FP's were part of the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion about 2 yrs ago. If you won one, you automatically had FP's for all the major rides in that park. They no longer are around as it was just part of that short promotion.

I basically just read the threads of people who had won and found out most people won them early in the morning (before 10:00 am). I also found out alot of people won them on The Great Movie Ride. So I arranged for my group to ride that ride early one morning, and by sheer dumb luck we ended up winning some! That is one of our funnier Disney moments, they still can't believe it worked.
Too bad they still don't do it. But getting one of those dream FP's is like a commando dream come true, the time you can save to do something else IMO that was a awesome score

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #89
islandbabe
Island Girl

Add me to the list

Please add me to the list. I think there is no problem in life that can't be solved by a good Excel spreadsheet. My husband doesn't even know what an Excel spreadsheet is. Oh, opposites really do attract!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #90
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbabe View Post
Please add me to the list. I think there is no problem in life that can't be solved by a good Excel spreadsheet. My husband doesn't even know what an Excel spreadsheet is. Oh, opposites really do attract!
You are member #48 In time he will want to follow in your footsteps, he just dosn't know it yet

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: