Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #736
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
Okay.. I am only on page 8 right now.. but I have to say that I am LOVING your trip report but am so sad for you right now!
I only hope it keeps so what better for you, if not.. next time I'll go with you!

My DH doesn't jump up and down about going to Disney.. in fact this November trip will probably be it for at least 3-4 years.. but I don't think he's this bad and my heart aches for you.. for all the time and effort you put into these trips you would HOPE they would be grateful for it..

off to try to catch up!
Aw..thanks!

I am sure from DH's perspective, I was the one who owed him since he agreed to go back to WDW in the first place. Perhaps I should have just been grateful that he came at all, let alone to have expected him to attend all of the character meals and special dinners I had planned.

Unfortunately, my family can see right through me when I try and tell them all of the effort I go through in organizing these trips is for their benefit. In actual fact, as I will readily admit, I do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Hey Trish! Great update on the breakfast with the super extended family. I think I've figured out how to get your DH to smile....so far, this picture is the only picture where he's smiling, right?

If my memory is correct, there has been no smiles at:
  • Donald's safari - wait there were no pictures there!
  • BCV/boardwalk - he was kinda squinting
  • MK - no, you couldn't really say he was happy about smiling
  • Hoedown - no pictures there either

Well, know what's different about this one? There is a pretty DISNEY PRINCESS in the shot...and guess who gets to stand next to one?

Too funny! And so clever! I never thought of that, but you definitely may be onto something there!

Hmmmm....I wonder how much it would cost me to hire a Princess to escourt us all around the Parks on our next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Yummy morning at Akershus! Love that your nephews were so kind to your kiddos. The picture of them walking together is so sweet as is the four them while waiting for you to be called.
Thanks Stephanie! It was so nice to see the cousins bonding so nicely, that is for sure!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #737
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad the Princess breakfast was great! My daughter loves eating in Norway (and she's becoming quite the princess dining expert!). It's so refreshing to hear about nice teenagers!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #738
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm so glad the Princess breakfast was great! My daughter loves eating in Norway (and she's becoming quite the princess dining expert!). It's so refreshing to hear about nice teenagers!!!

Amanda
The Norway breakfast really is great, isn't it?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #739
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
The Norway breakfast really is great, isn't it?
We've only done the dinner! Hard to believe! We loved the dinner there last year and are returning for dinner in August.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #740
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Wonderful update Trish! I agree, that is a wonderful picture of your hubby!! What troopers those teenagers were to get up with no sleep to have breakfast with a bunch of princesses! Then again....it's princesses....and teenage boys.....guess they knew what they were doing afterall!

Can't wait to hear about your beach trip!

Sara
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #741
Glite
I was 2 years old when I first met the mouse. Been a Diser ever since! 655 miles from our favorite place.

In one of your recent post, you stated that you purchased tickets at the counter. Was this for you all or your relatives? If they were for you and your family why the counter purchase? Is this because it is cheaper cost buying everything seperate(hotel, food & tickets) rather than a package deal?

Me(40)DW(37)DS(7)DS(2 )

'72 off site, '77 Fort Wilderness, '79 Fort Wilderness, '82 Polynesian, '83 DL off site, '87 Polynesian, '95 off site, 2000 off site, 2006 Pop Century, 2007 Pop Century & OKW, 2009 SSR & All Star Movies.

Our 2009 October trip photo's: Includes the Royal Castle.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2311691
Old 07-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #742
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

Your daughters dress that she wore to Mickey's Backyard BBQ is so pretty!!! Glad to hear that you have a prospective Disney trip to look forward too. I really like your new title. That's awesome you finally got a BIG smile out of your husband.
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #743
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Hey Trish, I'm caught up from my LONG weekend without internet!

So exciting about a new trip. It seems like a long way to go but as someone else who likely won't return until 2011 (hopefully in November to celebrate my 40th with Mickey) I understand!

How nice your nephews jumped right in and enjoyed themselves so much Can't wait to hear about your trip to the beach

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #744
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post

I really wish DH was as cheap and money conscious as I am. Then maybe he would have been more hesitant to leave the BBQ. I certainly don't mind paying big bucks for things that I see value in, but I DETEST wasting money, and will go out of my way to score a deal. (That is why you will see me doing foolish things like shleping all of our stuff from the Contemporary to the BC ourselves instead of paying bell services to do it like normal people!)

You don't have to pay Bell Services to move luggage except a tip?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #745
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Wonderful update Trish! I agree, that is a wonderful picture of your hubby!! What troopers those teenagers were to get up with no sleep to have breakfast with a bunch of princesses! Then again....it's princesses....and teenage boys.....guess they knew what they were doing afterall!

Can't wait to hear about your beach trip!

Sara
Ha, ha! Yes, maybe there was a very good reason my nephews were so keen with this breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glite View Post
In one of your recent post, you stated that you purchased tickets at the counter. Was this for you all or your relatives? If they were for you and your family why the counter purchase? Is this because it is cheaper cost buying everything seperate(hotel, food & tickets) rather than a package deal?
When we purchased the tickets at the IG the morning of our Princess Breakfast, my family of 4 had already spent 2 days in the Parks, so we obviously already had our tickets, as did my MIL.

It was just my SIL who didn't have tickets since she and her boys only arrived at 2:30am!

My SIL and her boys were not on a package because they were only staying 4 days and my MIL, who was in the same room, was staying 7 days. You can't do a package with dining unless everyone in the room bought the package for the whole 7 days, which obviously would not make any sense.

Once dining was eliminated, there was no point in getting a package. Ticket cost would have been the same whether purchased in a package, at the gate, or at concierge. The gate was more convenient for us and we didn't need to backtrack to the lobby that morning, although given the fact that I now know the ticket counter at IG doesn't necessarily open at 8am, in retrospect we should have bought the tickets back at the resort.

As for my family of 4, we bought the dining plan while at the BCV, but because it was a DVC trade, we didn't need to buy park tickets or be on a package in order to add the dining plan. As a result, we used our GAD vouchers for our first day in the Parks, then upgraded them after we used them. Saved us over $300 doing it that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
Your daughters dress that she wore to Mickey's Backyard BBQ is so pretty!!! Glad to hear that you have a prospective Disney trip to look forward too. I really like your new title. That's awesome you finally got a BIG smile out of your husband.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Hey Trish, I'm caught up from my LONG weekend without internet!

So exciting about a new trip. It seems like a long way to go but as someone else who likely won't return until 2011 (hopefully in November to celebrate my 40th with Mickey) I understand!

How nice your nephews jumped right in and enjoyed themselves so much Can't wait to hear about your trip to the beach
Thanks Katie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCarrie View Post
You don't have to pay Bell Services to move luggage except a tip?
Since we had btwn 8-10 bags, based on the standard $2 per bag, it would have cost us $16-20 at the Contemporary, and a further $16-20 at the BC.

So for a savings of $32-40, I decided we could carry our own bags.

Like I said...I am cheap!

Last edited by cdotla; 07-12-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #746
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Gotta love those teen age boys, they will surprise you everytime.

Your DH had such a big smile at that breakfast, there's hope for him yet!

I will be heading back to Florida in the morning, Mom passed away yesterday. My next trips to Florida should be much better than these last three.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #747
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I love breakfast in Norway. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. Your nephews sound really sweet. I know your kids loved being with them. Cousins can be best friend even when they only see each other every once in a while.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #748
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Your DH (Chris) cracks me up!!! His facial expressions in the breakfast picture is priceless. LOL. I'm glad your DNephews enjoyed themselves, too!!!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #749
lexmas
DIS Veteran

That picture of your DH is too funny. I would frame it, if I were you!

Glad to hear that your nephews were really sweet with the kids and good sports about the breakfast!

Can't wait to hear more!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: