Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
LydRos
Earning My Ears

Madison's Make a Wish Trip/GKTW

I am officially starting our Pre-trip report to plan and document Madison's Make a Wish trip. I have read so many wish stories I am excited to share ours as well as take in all the planning advise!

First things first, let me introduce our characters.
Me- I am the stay at home momma (right now)
Fred- The amazing Daddy
Madison- My sweet 10 year old wish child
Emma- My 21 month old bundle of energy

Maddie's story started for me when I was just 18 and was told that the baby I was carrying would probably not survive birth. She was diagnosed with Hydranencephaly, basically that means that her brain did not develop and her head was filled with spinal fluid. After the grim prognosis from every single doctor I saw, I had a scheduled c-section and did not expect my baby girl to live minutes. Well, God a had other plans, because minutes became hours, hours became days, days turned into weeks and years. My sweet baby girl is now 10 years old. How's that for showing the doctors? She is by no means a "normal child" but we try to make her life as normal as possible. She has countless medical problems, she can't walk or talk, and just this year we made the decision to put in a feeding tube to make her life easier.

This year as I sat in the hospital after Maddie's feeding tube surgery I got a call from MAW saying we want to grant your child a wish. Honestly it couldn't have come at a better time! 2 weeks later we had wish granters in our home and we were wishing to go to Disney. We have been a couple times as a family and I honestly can say the way Maddie is treated there is so amazing! What a way to get away and have my princess be treated like a princess. The wish granters told us about GKTW and how amazing it is. I can't wait to get there.

We just got our date November 14-20! The week before Thanksgiving, how awesome is that!!!!!!

Now it's time to start planning! I don't even know where to start!!!!
LydRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Tosie
1100 miles from "home"

Can't wait to read more! Subscribing!
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

Sub'ing as well and can't wait to follow along I love your positiveness and aww what a miracle you have !! I had my daughter when I was a Junior in highschool and my senior year I joined a Parenting program so that I could still go to school and still be near my child and learn what it is I needed to so that I could be the best mum that I could be. One of my good friends that I was so blessed to make had a child born with the same condition.She too also expected her child not to survive but due to strong beleifs she continued her pregnancy, Long story short That child lived to be nearly 8 months old and brought so many cherished moments, bonds and joy to everyone who had the pleasure to meet her. You like my friends from highschool are an inspiration to many mothers by how strong you are Glad you are here and So excited to be able to follow along

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
J'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

How blessed to have such an angel in your life.I look forward to hearing more,your story reminds me to not sweat the small stuff!
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
rcq925
Mouseketeer

So glad I can post on yhour PTR now!! We are going the same week as you and hopefully we will bump into each other at GKTW!!! I am sop happy that Madison is getting her wish! Can't wait to ready about your planning as well! I have heard that this is an awesome week to be at Disney!!

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
rcq925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Cherry Limeade
Earning My Ears

I can't wait to hear more. Have fun planning your trip and thanks for bringing us along for the ride!
Cherry Limeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you guys have been granted a wish!

I am going to link you guys on the Wish Trippers thread.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Subbing! It's so exciting to find out dates. Have fun planning! Sydney's trip is in August so a lot of our planning is done. Any questions, just ask.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
planningcrazymom
Mouseketeer

Anxiously awaiting dates

Sorry posted in wrong place.
Cast of characters:
Madison Dawn [ 7 yrs. old] wish child
Tammy [mommy]
and myself [grandma].

Last edited by planningcrazymom; 07-12-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: posted in wrong place
planningcrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
LydRos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcq925 View Post
So glad I can post on yhour PTR now!! We are going the same week as you and hopefully we will bump into each other at GKTW!!! I am sop happy that Madison is getting her wish! Can't wait to ready about your planning as well! I have heard that this is an awesome week to be at Disney!!
I do hope that we run into each other! You are WAY ahead of me on the planning side!

I honestly don't know where to start and because I have never been with a toddler so I have no idea what my little one will like. We had planned a trip over a year ago to go to Disney with my parents in September, they want to take the grandkids and aren't brave enough to go it alone so my husband and I get to tag along. So I plan to go on that trip and then plan the MAW trip. Yes, I know 2 Disney trips in 3 months is overkill but we honestly had no idea MAW was going to come into our lives when we planned the first one.

I was wondering if anyone has done the "very merry christmas" party? Is it worth the extra money? I was thinking of trying to do it while we were there for our MAW trip but don't know if it's worth the extra cash, cause it's a lot of money!!!
LydRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydRos View Post
I do hope that we run into each other! You are WAY ahead of me on the planning side!

I honestly don't know where to start and because I have never been with a toddler so I have no idea what my little one will like. We had planned a trip over a year ago to go to Disney with my parents in September, they want to take the grandkids and aren't brave enough to go it alone so my husband and I get to tag along. So I plan to go on that trip and then plan the MAW trip. Yes, I know 2 Disney trips in 3 months is overkill but we honestly had no idea MAW was going to come into our lives when we planned the first one.

I was wondering if anyone has done the "very merry christmas" party? Is it worth the extra money? I was thinking of trying to do it while we were there for our MAW trip but don't know if it's worth the extra cash, cause it's a lot of money!!!
Some wish organizations will actually pay for one "special" thing during your trip (like a meal, BBB makeover or even one of the special parties!) If you tell them that you guys would like to go - they may cover it in the cost of the trip - if you really want to go!

I love the party - because it gives you some extra MK time without having to pay for a whole one day ticket. I also love the special fireworks, snow on main street and the parade!

But...if your kids go to bed pretty early and you don't think they would get much out of those things, then it really may not be worth it. All up to you guys.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm subbing too! Can't wait to read all about your pre trip planning.
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
Mom2mitokids
DIS Veteran

Hi ,

I newbie too. I can't wait to hear more about your PTR. My daughter was also granted a wish, but we don't have dates yet. Our first dates are for the same week. Nov.14th-20th. The second one is in March.

TR..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40564833

http://www.facebook.com/HopeforKylee
Mom2mitokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
hgpiglet
Earning My Ears

Joining in here too. Looking forward to reading your plans!
Elyssa 7
Katlyn 4
hgpiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
rcq925
Mouseketeer

I have our plan (so far anyway) posted on my PTR! Hope we will bump into each other at GKTW!

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
rcq925 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: