Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #46
humboldthny
DIS Veteran

So excited to hear the first trip reports (it's going to be a long wait until Sept.!!)

This will be our first MNSSHP - we're scheduled for Nov. 1...a surprise birthday trip for our dd's 7th.

What can I expect as far as weather?...we've been in May and Dec., but this will be our first fall trip.
December 2007 WDW ~ December 2008 WDW ~ May 2009 WDW ~ April 2010 WDW ~ October 2010 WDW ~ March 2011 WDW ~ October 2011 WDW ~ SWW June 2012 WDW ~ September 2012 DL/DCA! ~ December 2012 WDW! ~ SWW June 2013 WDW! ~

humboldthny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #47
KELLY
DIS Veteran

We went last year to the party on 10/28 and loved it. Went again on 10/31 and there was way to many people. We ended up leaving early. That was a so party.

This year we booked bounceback so we are going in September. We are only doing one party. We are there for 9 nights so I'm thinking 9/28 would be kind of in the middle of our vacation. So I'm leaning towards that date. We may do the MK that morining and just go back to the room for a little swim and go back to the party around 5 or 6. That is if you still can get in at 4pm?

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #48
NemoMom07
Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!

Location: North Carolina. But my heart and soul are in Tennessee

We are going for the first time on Sept. 14 and Sept. 18. Do have one question about meeting the characters after the Villians show. When you say you can find a particular character on the right side or left side of the stage are you referring as if we are looking at the stage and they will be on our right or left? I really want to meet the Evil Queen and Malificent.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #49
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoMom07 View Post
We are going for the first time on Sept. 14 and Sept. 18. Do have one question about meeting the characters after the Villians show. When you say you can find a particular character on the right side or left side of the stage are you referring as if we are looking at the stage and they will be on our right or left? I really want to meet the Evil Queen and Malificent.
Last year Maleficent came down to the bottom of the ramp to the right as you look at the castle. She was the only one they kept behind a rope. I'd like to know what incident precipitated that......

The Evil Queen was about 3rd from the left if I recall properly....

Have fun!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #50
NemoMom07
Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!

Location: North Carolina. But my heart and soul are in Tennessee

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just hope I have a chance to get a picture with all the villians between the two parties.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #51
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Nevermind.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers

Last edited by LuLuO; 07-10-2010 at 11:36 PM.
LuLuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #52
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Last year Maleficent came down to the bottom of the ramp to the right as you look at the castle. She was the only one they kept behind a rope. I'd like to know what incident precipitated that......

The Evil Queen was about 3rd from the left if I recall properly....

Have fun!
I too have always wondered what is up with the rope. My guess is the prosthetic (is that what you would call it?) chin.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #53
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuO View Post
Hi all. We will be attending on 9/14 and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me in general, when is the parade and when do the fireworks start?
Nevermind. Found it.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
LuLuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #54
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
I am really looking forward to meeting Snow White w/ all 7 dwarfs. What time should we get in line for her first meeting of the night? Also, do they have photopass photographers where Snow White and the 7 dwarfs are?
Last year I got in line at about 6:30 (an hour before they came out) and was not the first one there. By 7:15 the line was already cut.

Yes, there was a Photopass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoMom07 View Post
When you say you can find a particular character on the right side or left side of the stage are you referring as if we are looking at the stage and they will be on our right or left? I really want to meet the Evil Queen and Malificent.
The question on the specific characters were answered...

I used stage directions to describe the villains. Stage directions are from the perspective of the actor, so Stage Right is the right of the actor looking at the audience. To the audience that would be the left side.

I vaguely remember the line up (left to right from audience perspective) to be Queen of Hearts on the ramp, the Snow Queen first on the ground, Jafar, Cruella, Captain Hook, then Maleficent on the other ramp. Frollo did not appear on the night I went in 09, but in 08 he did not have a line so he was just wandering around.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #55
mushumadness
Shopaholic
Starts her Christmas shopping in January

we cant wait to go to mnsshp, we go on halloween night which is my youngest sons 1st birthday and the day after my oldest sons second birthdya!
mushumadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #56
*HappyDisneyMom*
*Dreams Come True*

Question

This will be our 1st MNSSHP on Sept 30-do you think we'd be able to see snow white/dwarfs and minnie and mickey-or are the lines ridonkulous??

Hopefully it won't be terribly hot....I'll be 7 months pregnant & DH thinks he's going as Darth Vader

*HappyDisneyMom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #57
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Do the characters stay out the whole time until midnight? I know they do different sets and rotate, but they stay out up until midnight when the party ends, right?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #58
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *HappyDisneyMom* View Post
This will be our 1st MNSSHP on Sept 30-do you think we'd be able to see snow white/dwarfs and minnie and mickey-or are the lines ridonkulous??
You should be able to! Lines vary based on the night, I would start with Snow. See my link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
Do the characters stay out the whole time until midnight? I know they do different sets and rotate, but they stay out up until midnight when the party ends, right?
Yep, they are out until midnight, here is my character report from last year, I was meeting characters right up to the end!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #59
Mommy2Jameson
Mouseketeer

We are going on Halloween night this year. I'm also debating on going on the 28th as well. This will be my 4 year old's 3rd MNSSHP. It is so much fun!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #60
*HappyDisneyMom*
*Dreams Come True*

Talking

Berlioz70- Holy Guacamole!!!!!!!!!! You saw everybody!!!! I would love to see the villains as well-Maleficent being my favorite-but I did get to see her this past March at Epcot. Did you watch the parade or did you just skip the fireworks? I cannot wait to go!!!!! I'd love to dress up with my husband..but at 7 months pregnant I think my options are limited....

On a side note we'll be traveling from Sept 27-Oct 8....the crowds are smaller than at spring break right? Are they considerably smaller? How are the MNSSHP crowds in Sept.? DH + Large crowds=

*HappyDisneyMom* is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: