Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #46
Miss Mo
DIS Veteran

Me again!!

New question - lol - for the DDP do you need park tickets for your whole stay? Eg DH & I have 2 week Premium Tickets or whatever it's called that I think you can only buy in the UK, we are staying at CSR for 14 nights so have DDP for 14 nights. Would we need this for DS to have the DDP or could we buy him a one day base ticket at $68?

mo x
Old 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #47
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mo View Post
Me again!!

New question - lol - for the DDP do you need park tickets for your whole stay? Eg DH & I have 2 week Premium Tickets or whatever it's called that I think you can only buy in the UK, we are staying at CSR for 14 nights so have DDP for 14 nights. Would we need this for DS to have the DDP or could we buy him a one day base ticket at $68?

mo x
lol, it's me again!

The tickets you have are 14 day ultimate. Only available in the UK.

Because you booked in the UK you have to buy your DS a UK ticket because you can't buy MYW (the US) tickets through Disney UK. The shortest tickets they offer are 5 day premiums, which, if you have a look, cost almost the same as the 14 day ones.

As far as I know with UK bookings, because you and your DH have 14 day tickets, this is what you would have to buy your son as well.

Personally, for a 2 year old (even if he had a huge appetite) I wouldn't do this. What it will cost you in ££s to get the ticket for him (currenly £198 on the promotion) will give you approximately $300 if you simply exchanged the money. That is more than enough to buy some kids meals and snacks for him. Plus, with the large portion sizes at many of the restaurants you will have plenty to share. If you have buffets reserved, he will be able to be served his own food from the buffet at no extra cost. Just my 2c, but I think you are better off paying OOP for his meals. Even my 7 year old didn't get through her kids meal quota and she has a fairly average appetite for her age.

Edit to add: For the avoidance of any doubt, you can't add the dining plan at check in so you won't be able to purchase a one day base ticket at check in for him. Just making sure you don't get there only to get another unwanted surprise.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
Miss Mo
DIS Veteran

Thanks - answers all my questions, even the ones I didn't actually ask!! You are fab!!

mo x
Old 07-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #49
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mo View Post
Thanks - answers all my questions, even the ones I didn't actually ask!! You are fab!!

mo x
You are so welcome. Not long until you leave now. Hope you have a wonderful trip.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #50
Enter User Name
Mouseketeer

Ok, I am still not quite getting this child credit, adult credit when a restaurant does not offer a children's menu.

If we were to go to Golden Oak Outpost because DD was hungry and she ordered off the menu do we need to tell them its for a child or be charged an adult credit? One post says they do not differentiate in which case I wont need to explain myself each time. DD is often hungry when we are not so she might be the only one ordering or it might be her and I while Daddy is riding a scary crazy roller coaster. I don't want to run out of adult credits because I didn't explain to the CM that the flat bread is for a child. DD does not not eat a lot of "kids foods" so I imagine we will be at the places that don't have a kids menu in order to meet her needs. On day 10 I don't want to find out that we have 20 kids credits and no adult credits

Does that make any sense at all?
Enter User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #51
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

You will have no problem on day 10. Just make sure you're using her credits for children's meals where they are available. If no childrens meal is available, then you are fine to order a meal off of their regular menu.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #52
Kayleebug
Always planning my next trip for some more magic!

I have a question about the QS kids desserts at Wolfgang Puck Express. Can they order any dessert, or do they get a kid sized cookie or something like that? Thanks!
2014 ASSP Girls' Dance Team Trip, 2013 POR, 2012 Disneyland trip 2011 AKL CL 15th Anniversary Trip, 2011 Disney Magic, 2010 Poly CL,2009 CBR, 2008 Pop, 2007 POFQ, 2006 POR & ASMu, 2005 CR & AKL, 2004 Pop & WL, 2003 ASMu, 1999 CSR & Hotel Royal Plaza, 1998 ASMu, 1996 Offsite Honeymoon
Me DH DD 12 DS 5
Kayleebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #53
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

They let us get whatever dessert we wanted when we used kids credits there in January. Not sure if that's the norm, but they didn't even blink when letting my 4 year old get the Creme Brulee.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #54
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

When did they change the receipts to keep track of credits?

We are using the Kids Free promo for our next trip, as it saved us more money than the Monster PIN or the FD. We then added the QSDP. I asked the CM how we could keep track of the adult vs. kids credits. When we were at WDW last November, the credits were all pooled together. It was difficult for me to keep track of them, especially when I took a child back to a park and DH went to the room with the others to rest. The CM said that this has changed and now the receipt reads how many adult credits and how many child credits are remaining. When did they change this? It is a great idea. I wish they would have done this before our last trip. It would have saved me some headaches!!

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014

Last edited by twoplustwins; 07-11-2010 at 04:04 PM.
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #55
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They do this for TS but not QS, you will need to keep track of your adult/child QS credits yourself.

The receipt will tell you how many QS credits you have left, but not how many adult/child.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #56
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
They do this for TS but not QS, you will need to keep track of your adult/child QS credits yourself.

The receipt will tell you how many QS credits you have left, but not how many adult/child.

oh yikes . . . I was excited when the CM told me this. I remember someone one DIS talking about some kind of punchcard they made. Any advice on how I can keep these straight? We have four kids to keep up with!!!!

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #57
averysmom
DIS Veteran

We have to start keeping track??? I thought that QS credits were just pooled together... what happens if you go to a place like Casey's or MSB where there is no kids meal??? Do you get dinged a kids meal or an adult meal?

averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #58
dd50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmom View Post
We have to start keeping track??? I thought that QS credits were just pooled together... what happens if you go to a place like Casey's or MSB where there is no kids meal??? Do you get dinged a kids meal or an adult meal?
If there is not kids menu you can order off the adult menu. That is why they are pooled together because there are still some places that don't have kids menu's.
dd50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #59
dandave
The more I travel, the more I appreciate coming home.

You are supposed to keep track of the QS credits. Only you can do that, since QS credits are not separated.

WDW Visits: June '96 Offsite,June '97 Offsite, Oct '97 SOG,May '00 Offsite/AS Sports,Jan '01 Wyndham/Poly/AS Music,May '01 Dolphin/AKL , Aug '01 PO-FQ, Dec '01 BWV,Aug '02 WL, Aug '02 BC,Oct '02 WL, Jan/Feb '04 PC, May'04 SOG, Oct/Nov '04 PC and SOG, Jan '06 SOG, May '06 CSR, Sept/Oct '06 AS Music, Sept '07 PC , Jan '08 AS Sports, Feb '08 POFQ, June '08 OKW, Aug '08 BCV, AS Sports March/April '09, June '10 SSR, July '11 OKW , March '12 PC and SOG , July '12 AKL , Sept '12 AofA Nemo , June '13 OKW

Universal Orlando Visits: March 2006 RPR, May '07 RPR CL
dandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #60
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Anytime you want, you can go to guest services at your resort and they will give you a complete listing of what credits you have used -- any where.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: