Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #16
RSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post
Hi RSM, thanks for posting the pics! You & Jenn took some amazing shots. Will you be sharing any pics of your trip to Paris?
Hi Alan and Angela,

We will try to post some photos of Paris tomorrow. It is supposed to rain here and we'll do it during the World Cup finale. Do you think Marc will be rooting hard for Espana
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #17
RSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristilew View Post
I second the Paris Muse suggestion. We did the If Buildings Could Talk tour and it was amazing! Amy, my DD was 11 when I took her to Paris and she loved everything about it, especially the food. We did many "local" meals in little eateries that seemed full of locals. The servers would just look at DD and wave away the menu, and bring a something that she invariably gobbled up.

RSM, amazing pictures, thanks so much for posting! I have a question about the JAs interacting with the guides: were there special activities for the junior adventurers during some of the touring? For example, did they ever seperate from the group and go off with one of the guides for a more kid friendly tour? This was something that we loved about the Peru ABD, that did not happen on SWS. I think it would still be important to us on our next Adventure, though I do have to keep reminding myself that DD is getting older every year!

eta: RSM, did you end up having Mary on your Muse tour or did they switch you up? I'd love to hear what you thought of her!

Hi Krisitlew,

First off thanks for the tip on Paris Muse. It was from one of your posts that we got the idea. They did switch up and we had Maria instead of Mary. Maria was great with our 7 year old boy Aiden. She totally kept him engaged and interested for 2+ hours at the Louvre. And this was after a long day of sightseeing in Paris (we went on a Weds evening).

Regarding the JA's, the guides took them on a few occasions. When we went to Montesrossa, the guides took the JAs on the pony rides while the adults could tour the farm on their own or grab a drink. Most adults seemed to stay fairly close to the kids and get pictures of the kids riding. The guides also took the kids during the wine tasting. The kids were in a separate room doing their thing while we enjoyed the bread, wine, and company. During the JA night, the kids did not do a movie, they went out into the yard of the hotel and had a soccer game (in honor of the world cup). The guides also took the JA's for some game during for a period of time at Ballenburg. I think there was another occasion they took the kids that was planned. Then there was the couple of times an impromptu soccer game broke out with Marc and the kids which proved to be alot of fun. Overall, I can't speak highly enough about the way Marc and Maddie interacted with the kids. During the bus rides (our longest bus ride was 3 hours) Maddie would braid the girls hair. They certainly added alot of value to the total experience and were alot of fun. Aiden loved both Marc and Maddie.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #18
brewcrew
Mouseketeer

Love the picture of the moon! Also, thanks for the Paris ideas. We are planning a major trip in two years to Europe and your ideas are very helpful!
brewcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #19
arthur06
DDC #689

Great pics!

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
DisFan10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Hi Alan and Angela,

We will try to post some photos of Paris tomorrow. It is supposed to rain here and we'll do it during the World Cup finale. Do you think Marc will be rooting hard for Espana
Yes, I think Marc will be GLUED to the TV set! And you guys did get a few raindrops around Boston I see...
DisFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

Hi RSM,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your lovely photos. We just returned from the Germany adventure and had such a wonderful time that we were trying to figure what adventure we would like to do next. Alpine Magic is one of the frontrunners so were are grateful for your feedback on your trip.

May I ask how many travelers were on your adventure? What was the average temperature while you were there? Were the buses air-conditioned and equipped with a restroom for the long journeys? Did you need to have Euros on hand to pay for expenses along the way or would a Visa/Mastercard do the trick?

Thanks so much for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post
Yes, I think Marc will be GLUED to the TV set! And you guys did get a few raindrops around Boston I see...

cheer4bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #22
RSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer4bison View Post
Hi RSM,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your lovely photos. We just returned from the Germany adventure and had such a wonderful time that we were trying to figure what adventure we would like to do next. Alpine Magic is one of the frontrunners so were are grateful for your feedback on your trip.

May I ask how many travelers were on your adventure? What was the average temperature while you were there? Were the buses air-conditioned and equipped with a restroom for the long journeys? Did you need to have Euros on hand to pay for expenses along the way or would a Visa/Mastercard do the trick?

Thanks so much for your input!
Hi Cheer4bison,

We can't speak highly enough of the Alpine Magic adventure. The activities and scenery are great.

We had 37 total in our group. While we were there (6/20-6/28), the average temp in Stresa/Lake Como was probably in the low 80's, Zermatt was probably in the mid to high 60's in town (much cooler as you got to higher elevations), and Luzern was probably mid to upper 80's. These would be daytime temps. It was ~5-10 degrees cooler in the mornings and evenings. We had alot of sun, so it got pretty warm. The buses were air conditioned, but there was no restroom on the bus. It wasn't that big of a deal as the longest bus ride was ~3 hours which we did twice. Each time there was a 20 minute stop at a scenic site for a bathroom break or photo opportunity. We had euros (for Italy) and swiss francs (for Switzerland), but just about every place we shopped or ate took credit cards. The only exception being something like the street vendor selling gelato (no different than in the states). We also never had an issue finding an ATM. They seemed plentiful. Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #23
wdwsos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Thanks WDWSOS. Most of the photos were taken on a Canon Rebel xti (DSLR camera). Although a few of them were taken on a Nikon Coolpix.

We actually went to Paris for 5 days after Alpine Magic so I know the scene in your photo of the Trocadero. We stayed at the Pullman in that area. It felt like we could reach out and touch the Eiffel tower from our balcony.

BTW--nice to see a fellow Bostonian. We are from metrowest.
This is rather funny... I have a Canon Digital Rebel which I used for my first four AbD trips, and I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix P100 for the Knights and Lights trip (traveling with Allen and Angela!). You have good taste - lol!

I'm from West Roxbury (part of Boston) and can see Brookline from my window. I didn't realize we were neighbors.

Dotti
wdwsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #24
briano72
Earning My Ears

WOW, what great pics
briano72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #25
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Great pics, Thanks for posting!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread