Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #3556
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverpumpkin View Post
Okay, just in case you read it wrong, I'll say it right out: some people are going to perceive this as a selfish thing to do - I am one of them - and insulting other fans to justify your own actions isn't going to endear you to anyone.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #3557
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Funny thing is I don't think it even crossed Op's radar that maybe this wasn't the thing to do....maybe give someone else a chance. Oh well. I guess everyone looks at this differently
DP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #3558
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

If a family chooses to wait in line for Ollivander's three times and gets chosen twice, I'd just consider them lucky. Some people at Disney have several "magical moments" on a trip and some people never get any. Let's not hate on someone for their good fortune.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #3559
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

Just to clarify, I'm the person who originally questioned that, but it's not the biggest deal in the world. The person mentioned that there was nobody else under 20 in the second showing where their kid got chosen. Still, maybe the turn could've been deferred to another person who really would've enjoyed the experience, but I'm sure the poster wasn't trying to be rude, they just weren't thinking about it.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #3560
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
We have planned this trip for 2 years now. I have told our girls if the crowds are too large we might not go WWoHP. I already know at 6' 2" 265 lbs. I won't be riding Forbidden Journey (I am doing the cue). I keep looking but have not head anything about crowds. Could someone clue me in? We want to go so bad but paying big bucks to stand in line in Florida's summer sun doesn't sound like fun. Help!
Go! It's worth the wait in the heat and lines, but I do recommend staying at one of the onsite resorts. Also, don't give up on riding. I'm 6'3", but less heavy than you and rode 14 times. They will probably have you try the test seats (use the ones inside) and just tell them to push down on the bar for 3 clicks. Most of the cm's are extremely helpful and want you to be able to ride. For some folks, it's not gonna happen, but let them tell you that.

We did have one cm who needs to go through training again, IMO, because he was rather rude about the test seats. Funny thing is, he was obese himself and you think he would know better. I figured he was just jealous because it was obvious he wouldn't be able to ride.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #3561
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by La2kw View Post
Go! It's worth the wait in the heat and lines, but I do recommend staying at one of the onsite resorts. Also, don't give up on riding. I'm 6'3", but less heavy than you and rode 14 times. They will probably have you try the test seats (use the ones inside) and just tell them to push down on the bar for 3 clicks. Most of the cm's are extremely helpful and want you to be able to ride. For some folks, it's not gonna happen, but let them tell you that.

We did have one cm who needs to go through training again, IMO, because he was rather rude about the test seats. Funny thing is, he was obese himself and you think he would know better. I figured he was just jealous because it was obvious he wouldn't be able to ride.
Thanks that's all I needed. We have a Harry Potter junkie and we did not want to disappoint her. We told her we might not be going, she took it well. I think we will surprise her.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #3562
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Screamscape
http://www.screamscape.com

Quote:

In an attempt to deal with the still huge crowd levels at IOA trying to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter the park has begun testing a procedure to hand out small return time tickets for entry into the Wizarding World. They will give you a window of time, like between 10:30am and 11:30am to return to the land, where you present your ticket much like a FastPass, and are let right in. Please note, these passes are only good for entry into the Wizarding World itself and not for any of the attractions within.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #3563
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pacho View Post
Courtesy of Screamscape
http://www.screamscape.com

Thank you so much for this information. My daughter and I were preparing my grandchild that they might not be able to see Harry Potter. Now if they do get in, they will think Grandmom is a wizzard!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:45 AM   #3564
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of avadakedavra, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by avadakedavra

(^^^ Apologies for the blur on this and a few others.)

(^^^ You can see the sword of Gryffindor in the center, juuust barely.)

/FIN
Old 07-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #3565
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

(^^^ Sadly, we weren't permitted to go any closer.)

(^^^ Sorry again for the blur, my telephoto lens was out full and I was without a tripod!)

Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #3566
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of mantaguy, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaguy
Here's the map.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #3567
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Silly question - but are the toilets themed too???? Is moaning Myrtle in there, do they look like the loos at Hogwarts??

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #3568
TraceyL
Always planning........
I'm a very patient Welsh believer!
Did you know that one of the TF's is part Welsh, Tracey? :)

I've now read 2 'second hand' reports that people are being physically ill when on/coming off the ride

Is it that bad?
Hallowe'en 2007 Sunset Lakes again & HRH ~ Hallowe'en 2008 Highlands Reserve Villa & HRH
Christmas & New Year 2009 Bella Vida, HRH & Pop ~ Jul/Aug 2010 back for Harry Potter
Christmas 2012 OKW/Bahama Bay - Solo!!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #3569
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyL View Post
I've now read 2 'second hand' reports that people are being physically ill when on/coming off the ride

Is it that bad?
It depends on if you generally get motion sick. I could ride FJ in loops and not have a single problem, others have come off riding once and have needed to rush to the washroom. It's definitely not the same for everybody.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #3570
Maves Wife
Mouseketeer

myrtle is in the toilets, its pretty cool. DH says that you can hear her in the mens toilets too. From what i rememebr they do look like the ones int he film, although these toilets have the fancy dyson style hand dryers!!!! RE FJ - we rode before we had something to eat and it was totally fine. We then had a butterbeer & a snack and went back on, and felt a bit icky nothing major though. A few people have said not to ride it straight after having something to eat. I must admit i did find it an intense ride but thats more to do with the things you see rather than the motion of the ride
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: