Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #691
Glite
I was 2 years old when I first met the mouse. Been a Diser ever since! 655 miles from our favorite place.

Hello Trish, I started reading your trip report yesterday and I am caught up. You have a beautiful family. I have read many trip reports on the board and I really especially enjoy reading yours; you put a lot of personality and detail in your post.

Too bad about DH; atleast he goes to WDW with you and likes some things. There are many DH's out there who do not go or take there family at all or maybe one trip in there life time. I know many people like that; they do not see the magical and vision of it like he are do and it frustrates us because we want to be a true diser.

Maybe it might help if you can stay in one resort instead of three. I am sure that that could be work and stressful. Maybe, let him plan and decide what to do on a given day. He might like to do the Nascar or rent a little speed boat or parasail,etc.,etc. And definatley have a resort day every two days, so you all can relax. I know someone mentioned it earlier in your trip report to have your mother in law watch the kids, so you all can hit pleasure island or have a date night. That sure sounded like a start to a great evening about being on the balcony of the CR with the best view in the world with wishes going on. WOW!!

I look forward on reading more.

Me(40)DW(37)DS(7)DS(2 )

'72 off site, '77 Fort Wilderness, '79 Fort Wilderness, '82 Polynesian, '83 DL off site, '87 Polynesian, '95 off site, 2000 off site, 2006 Pop Century, 2007 Pop Century & OKW, 2009 SSR & All Star Movies.

Our 2009 October trip photo's: Includes the Royal Castle.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2311691
Old 07-09-2010, 05:23 AM   #692
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Love the new title, Trish!

And congratulations for having managed to get another *Last Trip to WDW* planned!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #693
pinkle
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy for you!
I had a feeling that you'd be returning in no time. Wow! 40th Celebration! I might need to join you. We usually go in the fall (crowds are better). We are leaving in 2 months
Keep your trip report coming, it's soooo much fun
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #694
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Trish!

Just as someone else posted I saw an email with a TR name I didn't recognize and was surprised it was yours. Now I get it! Congratulations on your next trip to the world. How exciting and how much fun it will be to go with friends.

We have gone a few times in Oct and it is great. We love the MNSSHP and the Food and Wine. The weather can be either really nice and cool or super hot and we have experienced both during the same week. You can definitely still swim and enjoy the pools. MNSSHP is great fun and a must do. The parade is my favorite.

I have to tell you I was stunned when I read about how your DH wanted to leave the BBQ and you were only 20 min. in to it. That barely gave you time to eat. I can't imagine what my reaction would have been. Let's just say you are waaaay nicer than me. I know you must have been super disappointed. I give you BIG kudos for being positive and not having a hissy fit (as we say in the south).

Oh yeah...your DD dress is so adorable. I wish my DD would still wear things like that but she is a tweener so no cutesy stuff anymore...

Have a great weekend. Looking forward to more.

TTFN
Darlene

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
Old 07-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #695
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Hooray for a tentative new trip! I'm turning 40 shortly after Magic Kingdom and want to spend my 40th birthday in Orlando. We probably won't be there October 1st but later in the month....

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #696
mickeyphile
Earning My Ears

Smile Just back and all caught up

Hi Trish,

We just returned from an 18 day trip to England and of course I spent most of yesterday catching up on the DIS (those suitcases can wait to be unpacked, right?!!!!).

First and foremost, very sorry to hear of your loss. Your husband's aunt sounds like she was an amazing and inspirational woman.

As I read your updates (I had left around the time you had posted about your dinner at BD and fantasmic) I continued to feel like I was reading my own life stories ...... DH can have a similar foul look on his face despite being at the happiest place on earth, DH would definitely walk out like your DH did of the BBQ (although I would have fumed about it much more than you did), and DH too is at his happiest just lounging at the pool. So glad you are sharing.

Your son's birthday party looked amazing. Could you please either post or pm me the places that you got the different supplies from (decorations, what your favors were and where you got them, and also where you found that skeleton). I am trying to plan something for my DS7s birthday in the fall.

Also, amazing that you are going to be going back next year. What an amazing time to go. You are on the right track in thinking to go a few days ahead of your husband. This certainly would help you have the vacation you want with your kids as well so a slower paced time as a family once your husband gets there. I completely back you in your decision. You are actually inspiring me to start running again and maybe aiming for the half marathon in 2011. My DH and I actually ran (more like fast paced walk in my case) the half marathon in January of 2004. This time I want to run the entire course and feel good doing it. Maybe I can set it as my goal and then we can have a DIS meet after?????

As I mentioned, we just returned from England. I love Disney and cannot get enough of it but have to say that it is great to go to other destinations. I had many magical moments on this trip and realized that we really need to open our kids minds up to what various parts of the world are like and to meet people of different nations. I particularly enjoyed sharing the history of various buildings and monuments with them (of course every time we passed by Big Ben we would be looking for Peter Pan!!!!!!). I think that my DH enjoyed this vacation for various reasons, one of them being that we were doing something different than what we have done in the last three years. So I would strongly suggest that if possible then throw in a vacation to a destination where your luggage tags won't say MCO (like how I stole that from your PTR!!!).

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #697
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have been missing in action for over a week due to family issues in Florida. I just got cought up with your TR. My DH is a resisiter, but like your DH he has good things to say about WDW when he returns home.

It was good to Know about the 40 year anniversary of MK. I'm planning a trip around that time in 2011 & didn't know anything about the 40th.

I just loved the twirly dress, just the thing for my granddaughters.

Now I'm awaiting the ugly & hope that it is not as bad as anticipated.
Congrats on a return trip in 2011. I think the days without DH would make the trip happier for all. Good plan!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 07-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #698
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Awesome news, Trish!! I'm so happy for you!! I think the idea of going down earlier than your DH is a good idea-- or leaving him behind while you're at the parks I think you're right--everyone will be happier. Nothing like friends to keep people on their best behavior, too, haha.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #699
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Another trip planned! Good for you.

It seems you have the same problems with your DH as I have with mine. Last trip we were in the park in the morning and he said he wanted to go back to the room. "Ok, no problem", I told him. "I'll meet you back there later." He didn't like that.

If I was at the BBQ I would've just told him that I'll catch you after the show and let him go. If he wants to watch TV or sit in the room, that's ok. And if I want to stay until the end of the show, then that's ok too.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #700
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

All cought up on your TR! I am loving it and it is so great that you may be going back so soon! I love the idea of a few days before but it is great that yoru DH wants to maybe come along. Maybe he does like it more then he lets on Can't wait for the next update!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #701
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you'll be able to get back to the World. DH and I will be there as well for the big celebration. Someone mentioned a meet? I'm in!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #702
karebear23
Mouseketeer

Thats great you get another trip! I will probably be there too! We go every year around that time.

I think it's a good idea to do a few days without your DH. At least my "Disney-Resistant" husband likes golf! So I can just "force" him to go golfing.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #703
Mona503
Earning My Ears

Trish I have enjoyed reading your TR so far. Great photos and commentary! And like others have said, I am impressed with your ability to just "go with the flow" and keep a positive attitude. I would probably be crushed if my DH wanted to leave the BBQ show 20 minutes in, especially considering all the planning, money and high expectations that went into it.

I also have a DH that doesn't like heat, lines or crowds. He's been known to storm out of crowded grocery stores and just leave his stuff in the cart. Not that I love heat, lines and crowds, but I have a TON more patience than he does. Neither of us have ever been to WDW, although we both grew up in Southern California and have been to DL many times. I've got a tentative trip planned for Dec 2011, assuming we can both lose enough weight to enjoy it! This is supposed to be our "we finally lost the weight" trip. I am concerned that my DH is going to have many of the same reactions that yours did, but due to some tips I've read from others I realize how important it is to not overplan and have lots of lounging around the pool time! I hope it's swim weather in December! It's the only time we can go with DH's school schedule (he's a full time student). Well that's not quite true....we could also go in August but I would never subject us middle age, pooh-sized people to the Florida heat in August.

Anyways, enough about me! Looking forward to reading more.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #704
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

All caught up Trish! Love the new title too.

I'm enjoying your whole report, you write so well and your pictures are great. I like that you aren't afraid to share the good and the bad.

Glad you have a new trip on the horizon! I love the idea of celebrating your 40th with WDW's 40th! I turn 40 in 2012 and had the same idea. I can turn my celebration into a year-long one just like WDW will! I am planning to attend the Wine & Dine Marathon weekend this year, most likely doing the 5K. Maybe I'll be ready for the 1/2 in 2011!

Looking forward to more!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #705
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

The good news about October (besides the Food and Wine Festival ) is that lines are minimal. We rode Splash Mountain 4 times in a row last year, with only waiting as long as it took us to walk back to the start of the ride! Same with BTMRR. And the KRR at AK. October is such a fun time to go. There are also cute fall/Halloween decorations out in the MK.

Maybe knowing the lines won't be as long will entice your hubby to go again. Although once he's been on October, it might be hard to get him to go back any other time! Can't wait for more of your TR! Hope you don't get so busy planning for your next trip you forget about us, living vicariously through your great writing and story telling!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: