Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
I]
]Just like how you can't compare Disney hotels to outside hotels of the same price, you can't compare Disney restaurants to outside restaurants of the same price. I walk in knowing full well how this system works and what prices to expect. But yes, dining was still important to me, even though I knew it wasn't the same ballgame as to my typical experience. When it comes to TS, I never consider it just to be 'theme park food.'
This is a great point. We're WDW vets, but I haven't been to DL since childhood. We books lots of ADRs at WDW - both lunch and dinner - not just for the food, but because we want to know there will be a place for our three boys to sit down and enjoy a meal without standing in line or hoping we get a table. (At CS, we accomplish that by eating at 11:15 am.)

We have WDW APs and an annual family vacation to Newport Beach, so we're in the unusual position of doing an extra quick trip to WDW in July and a quick trip to DL before Newport in August. But we're prepared to compare DL food against average theme park fare (not necessarily against WDW,) and I'm hopeful that DL will come out ahead of something like Six Flags!

Last edited by pixarmom; 07-09-2010 at 09:59 PM.
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: