Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

CM told me I could do this...7nights 10park tickets

So, I just got off the phone with disney and the cast member suggested that I go for 10 park days that way I could have the option to go to an additional park if I so choose when we are there.

I thought I couldn't do this but he recommended it and we booked it.

Anyone else do this? I assume he is right he works for disney after all.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

You cannot do this.
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
So, I just got off the phone with disney and the cast member suggested that I go for 10 park days that way I could have the option to go to an additional park if I so choose when we are there.

You are correct you can't do this. The only way you can do two parks in one day is with a park hopper.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Why would he tell me that, and why would he book my package like that? Now I have to call back and correct it....

So, no one has done this?
Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
mousebymarriage
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about the 10 day ticket situation but, when we went in Feb we did not have park hoppers (a first for us) and did do 2 parks in one day. We didn't go into any parks the first day because we went to DTD and met up with my sisters for dinner at T-rex and then spent the rest of the evening shopping etc. Anyway, one day during the week(don't remember off hand which day it was sorry) but, we went to Animal Kingdom in the morning until about 1pm and then Magic Kingdom in the afternoon/evening. We had no problems when doing this and it never occurred to me that it would be an issue, have people not been allowed to do this in the past? Maybe we just got lucky!
1990(DH & I first trip together-dating) * 1994(DH & I-now married 6 months)
1997(DD first trip 6 months old)and family
1998(DH, Me & DD)and family
1999(DH, Me & DD)and family
2000(DH, Me & DD)and family
2002(DH, Me , DD, DS first trip 7 months old)and family
2003(DH, Me, DD, & DS)and family
2005 April(DH , Me, DD, & DS) * 2005 Oct.(DH & I only)and family/friends Adults only trip
2006(DH, Me, DD, & DS)and family 2011(DH,Me,DD, DS)
2007(DH , Me, DD & DS)and family2012(DH, Me, DD, DS, DD's BFF and 2 Dnephews)
2008(Grand Gathering 17 of us)
2010(DH, Me, DD,DS)
mousebymarriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

you absolutely cannot do this.
1 park 1 day. once you enter a park and use that ticket it WILL NOT allow entrance to another park til next day

Why did the CM tell you this? No clue

Sorry, but you will want to fix that
Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

No - you can't do this and I am so sorry you got bad info from a CM. There is a sticky on the theme parks page that explains it better than I can but I will give it a try.

Your park ticket is based on number of "days" not number of "admissions". A 10 day base ticket ticket can be used to enter one park per day for 10 days vs just 10 admissions.

So on Monday if you use your ticket at the MK you can leave and re-enter MK as many times as you want but if you want to go to Epcot you need the park hopper option. Otherwise when you get to Epcot the turnstyle will read your ticket and see that you were alredy at the MK on Monday. Since its is still Monday your ticket will be rejected unless you have the hopper option. The CM will advise you to return to MK or add the hopper option if you want to enter Epcot.

On Tuesday you start all over again and enter the park of your choice for Tuesday etc.

Hope this helps and yes, I would call back and change the number of days to the 7.

FWIW you can always add features once you have your tickets but you can't downgrade. So after arrival you can add the park hopper, water parks or extra days if you so choose.

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
The Hendies
DIS Veteran

I was on the phone today with a very nice CM, but a package that started out at $2,000.00 + ended up being just $1,300.00. You've got to know your stuff and know what you can/can't do! Here it is:

5 nights, DDP, 6 day hoppers, insurance......$2,100

1 night booked separate, 4 nights with free dinning, 6 days hopper, no insurance....$1,300

Hopefully you can get it straightened out!

Next trip .... 10/9/14 for my birthday!

DH Me

The Hendies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You really need to call and talk to someone else. You got very bad information. Buy tickets for the number of days that you plan on being in the parks. If you think that you will go to more than one park in the same day just add the park hopper option.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
huffjoann
DIS Veteran

oh no no,, it is true you cannot do this,, I just tried this 2 weeks ago cause I wound up not using one day of my tix when we went to sea world and thought well why can't I kinda do it like hoppers on the last day,, I was told by the hotel CM no way,, I thought well I will inquire when I get to park one "Just in case",, again no,,,

Pop Century 6/10; All Star Movies 6/11; off property 11/11; Dream 5/24/12 3 night;
Dream 5/26/13 4 night; Magic TBA
huffjoann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebymarriage View Post
I'm not sure about the 10 day ticket situation but, when we went in Feb we did not have park hoppers (a first for us) and did do 2 parks in one day. We didn't go into any parks the first day because we went to DTD and met up with my sisters for dinner at T-rex and then spent the rest of the evening shopping etc. Anyway, one day during the week(don't remember off hand which day it was sorry) but, we went to Animal Kingdom in the morning until about 1pm and then Magic Kingdom in the afternoon/evening. We had no problems when doing this and it never occurred to me that it would be an issue, have people not been allowed to do this in the past? Maybe we just got lucky!
I guess you were lucky, because it shouldn't have worked.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:

Could CM have meant a five day with 5 water park/DQ visits?
As you cannot do what you think about 2 parks one day, but CAN do a water and main park and use a tix for each.

I am glad you are finding out Now rather than later though! Good Luck OP!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebymarriage View Post
This is most unusual and I have never heard of anyone doing this. Perhaps you had separate tix....and you had no hopper, wow???? WOW, thats a first hearing that for me....I have however heard of people NOT being able to do it more than once! Guess you had Pixie dust for sure
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

no this is not allowed! Unformatuatly many people that work at those call centers seem to not have a clue about stuff. It is amazing to me!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
mousebymarriage
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
I guess you were lucky, because it shouldn't have worked.
I figured that because we had trouble with those tickets from day 1. every single time we went to a park the damn things got rejected(this was even before we did the 2 parks in one day) and we explained to the CM that we have been having this problem since we first tried to use the tickets and they would do something on the machine (not sure what) and then tell us we were good to go.
1990(DH & I first trip together-dating) * 1994(DH & I-now married 6 months)
1997(DD first trip 6 months old)and family
1998(DH, Me & DD)and family
1999(DH, Me & DD)and family
2000(DH, Me & DD)and family
2002(DH, Me , DD, DS first trip 7 months old)and family
2003(DH, Me, DD, & DS)and family
2005 April(DH , Me, DD, & DS) * 2005 Oct.(DH & I only)and family/friends Adults only trip
2006(DH, Me, DD, & DS)and family 2011(DH,Me,DD, DS)
2007(DH , Me, DD & DS)and family2012(DH, Me, DD, DS, DD's BFF and 2 Dnephews)
2008(Grand Gathering 17 of us)
2010(DH, Me, DD,DS)
mousebymarriage is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: