Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #76
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW lover 4 ever View Post
Thank so much for the reply. Hopefully, I will be much thinner by then but the slowness of my weight loss has me wondering.

My husband is 6'1 and 260lb. He too is trying to loss. Does anyone if he will be able to ride. he has broad shoulders too.

I also want to add that Ive been reviewing other websites with similar threads and I am shocked at by how nice everyone is one here compared to the other sites.
I'm 6'2" and 265lbs and made it on with the help of the TM's. However if they gave me time I bet I could pull the bar down all the way myself. They were on me quick though.

If you are going NEXT July then you have plenty of time to trim down the right way, just like you're doing and you'll fit comfortably.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #77
theodoru
theodoru

I would like to see a picture

Does anyone have a picture of a person sitting in one of the seats? I just heard about this problem yesterday for the first time, and I am taking my grandchildren to HP on Tuesday. If I had known a couple of months ago, I would have been able to lose some weight. Even if I completely stop eating for the next 4 days, it is still too late now. From what I have read, I may or may not be able to ride. It would be awful if I had to send them off by themselves.
theodoru is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #78
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW lover 4 ever View Post
Any help will be welcomed on this. I weigh 225-230 and 5'4. I wear a 42DD size 16-18. Although Ive been working out for 3 months my weight is coming off slow. I am going nexy July and my then seven year old is looking forward to riding this with me. Now Im scared.
You'll be fine! Scroll up 2 posts from yours and read mine - we're almost exactly the same size, except I wear a size 20. Especially since you have a year to continue to lose weight

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #79
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodoru View Post
Does anyone have a picture of a person sitting in one of the seats? I just heard about this problem yesterday for the first time, and I am taking my grandchildren to HP on Tuesday. If I had known a couple of months ago, I would have been able to lose some weight. Even if I completely stop eating for the next 4 days, it is still too late now. From what I have read, I may or may not be able to ride. It would be awful if I had to send them off by themselves.
Remember that even if you can't ride, you can walk through the entire queue with them.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #80
sbgclori
Earning My Ears

I fit! :)

So after seeing all these posts I was very concerned as I am a larger person. But after all the worrying I got on!
I did NOT fit in the test seat outside... although it was very close and he said I should try the seats inside and also he said the seats on the ends of the four across are a bit bigger.
The seats in the cue line I did not even try as I was at a special event and we got to get right on the ride- they just said to try the ride seats and if we did not fit they would get us off. So I was getting ready to tell them to push down and I did not care how tight it was but before I knew it he said you are fine and I was on the ride!

I really have no idea about my weight but if I had to guess I would say 230. I am about 5'4". My chest measurement is 47" waist is 40" hips/butt is 50" no problems in any of those areas.... I had problems with the thighs- I have quite short legs so the restraint hit my just above the knee although for most people it would probably hit at midthigh. Basically where your leg hits the end of a regular chair. My measurement around my thigh at that place is 23.
I hope I am of help to you all and GOOD LUCK- it was an awesome ride!
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #81
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgclori View Post
So after seeing all these posts I was very concerned as I am a larger person. But after all the worrying I got on!
I did NOT fit in the test seat outside... although it was very close and he said I should try the seats inside and also he said the seats on the ends of the four across are a bit bigger.
The seats in the cue line I did not even try as I was at a special event and we got to get right on the ride- they just said to try the ride seats and if we did not fit they would get us off. So I was getting ready to tell them to push down and I did not care how tight it was but before I knew it he said you are fine and I was on the ride!

I really have no idea about my weight but if I had to guess I would say 230. I am about 5'4". My chest measurement is 47" waist is 40" hips/butt is 50" no problems in any of those areas.... I had problems with the thighs- I have quite short legs so the restraint hit my just above the knee although for most people it would probably hit at midthigh. Basically where your leg hits the end of a regular chair. My measurement around my thigh at that place is 23.
I hope I am of help to you all and GOOD LUCK- it was an awesome ride!
Excellent! so glad you could ride. I was so happy when DS made it too...even though it was a very and I mean very tight fit!
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #82
theodoru
theodoru

I got on!

I am 5'6" and 243. It was tight in the thigh area until the seat reclined at the beginning of the ride. That made me slide back and I was much more comfortable.
theodoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #83
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

I rode the ride 5 times and was never pulled aside to be tested. I was prepared for the chest area to be really tight, I'm a 38 DD, but my chest was totally comfortable and not tight at all. I'm also 5'10" and didn't feel the seat was too short. However I did think the upper thigh area was tight. My best advice is when you sit down stick your bottom all the way back into the seat as far as it will go so the thicker part of your thighs is further back from where the harnass needs to fasten.
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #84
DisneyForLife
DIS Veteran

This may be a dumb question but when you all give your chest measurements is it just around the chest or arms and chest included. I am thinking just the chest but in this situation it looks like there isn't much room in that seat if you are broad shouldered so I am totally

Last edited by DisneyForLife; 07-20-2010 at 09:01 PM.
DisneyForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #85
seadd67
DIS Veteran

i fit, now with some help. I am 5'9" at 260# stocky guy. You can not go by the out side one, they will push it down only untill It reaches your chest or leggs, mine came up red. At that point I jsut was going to walk through with my DS, In side at the second test seat I pass with a little help from the cm, but did pass. The ride was like the test seat, I pass with a little budge actually I did not see any one not pass.
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #86
Purseval
DIS Veteran

I am 5'10" and about 207, no problem getting on.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #87
MelanieLC
Earning My Ears

I am 5'6" and right around 250#. I wear a size 20-22 pants and a 2x-3x shirt loose fitting. 42DD at the chest. I am largest around my hips and upper body. Legs/ thighs probably at least a size smaller. I made it on when the attendant pushed down. Much bigger and I don't know if it would click. It was tight (how I would want it to be to feel secure) but not uncomfortable. I don't recall the bar pressing on my thighs.
MelanieLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #88
somethingblue
Mouseketeer

Hey guys, hoping some of you can give me a bit of advice. My family and I are going to IOA in December and I'm worried my mom won't be able to fit on FJ. She is 5'1 and carries all of her weight in her stomach, over 200 pounds though I don't know the exact number. I'm worried that her stomach might interfere with the restraints.

Also, just a question for the ladies out there, if you're a size 18 but have a large bust, will that affect the restraints?
somethingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #89
Darby O'Gill
Earning My Ears

With God as my Witness I'll fit!!!!

Hiya gang. Been to Dis/Universal 4 times since 2003 and this Oct will be trip number 5.
I am (god I h8 saying this) a 40 Yr old male and i'm 5'7' 289....or at least I was.... Will be there in 74 days and have been on a diet with the specific goal of riding FJ.
Now at around the 100 day mark I started to get serious about losing the lbs....now down from 289 to 264....aiming for 230's....
Now most of my trips I normally try to lose a few beforehand and have been around 275, but been able to fit on everything. Everything including taking the "walk of shame" to the test seats and feeling crummy about it, and normally having the misses cram me into my restraints for hulk, dueling dragons etc. like a sardine, but the job gets done. I am only giving you the details to give anyone around my dimensions some hope on the trip.

Again.... 5'7" 275 44 waist and 2x shirts(almost 3x) got me on rides with effort.....I also had to look for the plus size seats if any rides had em..... 20 lbs will make a H U G E difference on any other ride but FJ.....FJ requires about 240 for me the way it looks......
If you are my dimensions and 270 and under, you should be in good shape for anything other than FJ......FJ will make you work for it

Happy Trips to ya!!!!!
Darby O'Gill - Indiana
Darby O'Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:43 AM   #90
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

I hope I fit.

I'm 5'7", have wear a 40DD, weigh 250, and wear anywhere between an 18-24 pant. Depending on the cut/style. I'm an "apple" shaped lady. Like my hips/thighs are probably a size 18/20, But since I carry my weight in my stomach due to my PCOS I need to wear a size 22/24 pant in the waist. Cloths shopping is horrid. But anyway - how are the ladies with tummies fitting?

I am going up to HHN/IOA in late Oct on a coworkers get away weekend. And I REALLY don't wanna have to exit via the fat door of shame in front of them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: