Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
Ozymoe
I bare all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Now that you've decided to check out Universal Studios/IOA, how do you get there if you are staying on-site at Disney? Don't worry, you have a few options:

1. Rent a car

Remember...if you are renting a car you will also have to pay for parking at Universal. I think it's $14.00.
Ozymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #17
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymoe View Post
Remember...if you are renting a car you will also have to pay for parking at Universal. I think it's $14.00.
Correct.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #18
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Great sticky!

For some reason it sounds so familiar!!!

Last edited by donaldduck352; 07-01-2010 at 08:12 PM.
donaldduck352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #19
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
Great sticky!

For some reason it sounds so familiar!!!
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You should feel honored
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #20
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLbrideSept2009 View Post
Can someone give me a little more details on the shuttle from WDW areas to Universal? We have never been to Universal. DH and I would like to go to Margaritaville at US when we're there next week. We would need to get probably from Saratoga Springs to US/Margaritaville. Are there shuttles that come at specified/scheduled times? Or do we need to request a shuttle??? Or would we need to just take a taxi? Taking a taxi appears it would cost us about double the cost of a shuttle.
When you book a shuttle, you would need to call 24 hours in advance, and specify your pickup time/return time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuend1 View Post
Where exactly does a taxi drop you off at Universal?

I am planning a trip to Universal by myself. I am handicapped by degenerative arthritis. I can walk but not too far. I am unable to do the walk from the Universal parking garage to the park entrances where I will rent a scooter. So I am looking for the closest area to be dropped off that will have the least amount of walking.

I can either have a friend drop me off at Universal or I can take a taxi. Which option would put me closer to the park entrances?

And where exactly are these drop-off points so I can look them up on Google Street view maps.
The passenger drop off area is near CityWalk just across Universal Boulevard from the Valet Parking area (make a left where the buses and taxis go) - there is signage and its pretty easy to find - your friend can pick up and drop off there.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
Dubb
Mouseketeer

Anyone sure how to get there using the Lynx?
Dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #22
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubb View Post
Anyone sure how to get there using the Lynx?
You don't want to consider that option. Yes it's cheap but it takes about two hours to get from Disney to Universal using Lynx. So...if you care how much time you spend in the parks, I would suggest Mears or a cab.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Now that you've decided to check out Universal Studios/IOA, how do you get there if you are staying on-site at Disney? Don't worry, you have a few options:

1. Rent a car
If you are staying at a Disney resort, the easiest option is to rent a car from the Walt Disney World Car Care Center, which is operated by Alamo and National. The Car Care Center offers a shuttle that will pick you up from any Disney hotel and take you to the Center to pick up your car. The shuttle will also drop you off at your Disney hotel after you return your car. If you wish, call the Car Care Center up to 24 hours in advance and arrange for them to send a shuttle for you. Alternatively, go to the front desk of your Disney resort about 30 minutes before your pickup time and ask them to call the Car Care Center shuttle. The phone number of the Car Care Center is (407) 824-3470.

Another location is at the Dolphin Hotel. From any of the theme parks or Downtown Disney, take a Disney bus to the Dolphin. The Alamo/National office at the Dolphin keeps short hours, but you can drop off your car to the hotel's valets after hours. The phone number of Dolphin's Alamo/National desk is (407) 934-4930.

Yet another location is Buena Vista Palace near Downtown Disney. Take a Disney bus from any of the Disney resorts to Downtown Disney. Get off at the Marketplace stop, then walk across the street to Buena Vista Palace. The phone number of Buena Vista Palace's Alamo/National desk is (407) 827-6363.

Avis, Dollar and Budget also have locations near Downtown Disney.

2. Book a ride with Mears shuttle
Mears runs shuttles from the Disney hotels to Universal and back. You will need to make arrangements 24 hours prior though. Prices are $18 each person RT. You can check out the website for more information: www.mearstransportation.com

3. Taxi Cab
Taxis/cabs are usually available outside most resort entrances, or you can have the front desk or valet parking staff at your hotel call a taxi for you. To get a general idea of what it will cost for a taxi, you can use the Taxi Fare Estimator offered by Mears Transportation.

Happy Travels!!

This was the BEST info yet. I will be staying on Disney property and need transportation to Universal. Now I know what to do.

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #24
bevgray
Believer in eBooks

Okay, where are you finding the information regarding the Mears Shuttle (option #2)? I can only find the shared ride option from the airport to area hotels on Mears' site. There is nothing on there to link Disney Hotels with Universal. I'm interested in a round trip from Beach Club to IOA. Thanks very much.
bevgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #25
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevgray View Post
Okay, where are you finding the information regarding the Mears Shuttle (option #2)? I can only find the shared ride option from the airport to area hotels on Mears' site. There is nothing on there to link Disney Hotels with Universal. I'm interested in a round trip from Beach Club to IOA. Thanks very much.
You need to call them 24 hours in advance at (407) 423-5566. I don't believe you can book online (unless you are already using them for transportation to and from the airport then you can book the attraction portion online at the same time).

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #26
Hookani
Earning My Ears

When using the taxi from Disney to Univer, am I correct to assume that there is a drop off area at the Royal Poly? I was originally planning on renting a car from Contemp Resort to Royal Poly (staying 3 days) and then returning the car at the airport but now thinking of the taxi option since we actually won't be using the car while at Univers. Just want to be sure that there is a drop off at the resort and won't be lugging luggage from some place far away. I'm also assuming we'd be able to get a taxi early in the morning to get to the airport for a 645 am flight?

Thanks,
Ho'okani
Hookani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookani View Post
When using the taxi from Disney to Univer, am I correct to assume that there is a drop off area at the Royal Poly? I was originally planning on renting a car from Contemp Resort to Royal Poly (staying 3 days) and then returning the car at the airport but now thinking of the taxi option since we actually won't be using the car while at Univers. Just want to be sure that there is a drop off at the resort and won't be lugging luggage from some place far away. I'm also assuming we'd be able to get a taxi early in the morning to get to the airport for a 645 am flight?

Thanks,
Ho'okani
Of course taxis are welcome to drop off guests by the main entrance. There are bellhops available to assist you with your bags and to put your bags in storage if you arrive before your room is ready.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #28
Jenny Wren
Mouseketeer

I seen here on boards that you can purchase a one day/two park pass with round trip transportation from your Disney resort to Universal Studios, did anyone ever buy this? The cost is $109.00/person. I believe it was thru Dreams Unlimited. I will be staying on-site in Dec and would like to go to US for a day. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought/done this? Thanks
Jenny Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #29
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

I am curious about how much time you experienced travelers would give yourselves between leaving US/IOA and getting to dinner on Disney property. Our scenario this December will be using Mears between our hotel (ASMusic) and Universal. I was thinking 2.5 hours would give us enough time to get from Universal to our hotel, maybe freshen up quickly and then get to our dinners (one night it is in Downtown Disney and the other is at 'Ohana). Do you think this is cutting it too close? Should I go for a 3 hour window?
CAStevens218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #30
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post
I am curious about how much time you experienced travelers would give yourselves between leaving US/IOA and getting to dinner on Disney property. Our scenario this December will be using Mears between our hotel (ASMusic) and Universal. I was thinking 2.5 hours would give us enough time to get from Universal to our hotel, maybe freshen up quickly and then get to our dinners (one night it is in Downtown Disney and the other is at 'Ohana). Do you think this is cutting it too close? Should I go for a 3 hour window?
It only takes half an hour or so to get from Universal to Disney. Give half an hour to get from park to Universal hotel. So 2 hours should be tons of time. Even 1 1/2 hours should be lots.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: