Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

When we had our bed bug issue with Disney I was told when Disney finds the bugs in a room they close off that room, the rooms next to it, above and below it. All rooms are given a high temperature steam treatment. They said there are no chemicals allowed in the US that actually kill bed bugs, only legal option is high heat. Disney then keeps the rooms out of commission for a month and rechecks and retreats as needed.

Did your pest company use a high heat treatment or some type of chemical? I would check around if it is a chemical as it may not be able to do the job!

Fortunately for us we found our bed bugs while still at the hotel so we never brought anything into our home and weren't infested. My thoughts go out to you!!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote