Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

The Ingredients for Pixie Dust, a June 2010 TR - 10/2 DIsney Halloween PTR started!

It is TIME.

Yes.

It is TIME for:

The Summer of 2010 Happy Dog and Family DISNEY Trip Report!

Welcome new and returning friends and thank you for joining along to read the antics of my family as we wrap up a YEAR of Disney trips thanks to an Annual Pass, discounts, DVC points, AND snow!! Yup, if you didnít get a chance to catch up with all our previous Disney fun and surprises, take a visit to any of the links below! My DH and I even made it on a cruise getaway last year! But LAST WEEK, we returned from our "Ten Days in Disney" extravaganza and we definitely made the most of our end of the year hurrah! I canít wait to share it all with you.

So hold onto your hats, and away we go!!!

I hope you will join me !!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 10-02-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

10 days, lucky you. Can't wait to hear about them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
10 days, lucky you. Can't wait to hear about them.
Thank you!!! Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Can't wait to read all about it!
YOU are fast... So glad to "friend" you on FB!!! I hope you are planning your own TR??!! Or did I miss it? You have been watching!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
beinspired
Earning My Ears

Here Can't wait to here more about your trip!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
Happydog
DIS Veteran

How Happy Dog got her TR title

Some of you will probably want to know how the heck this TR title came about! Let me introduce you to the author who coined the phrase:

He is ONE of my two DS’s. This is my recently turned FIVE year old. While this picture doesn't show you his face, it is important to the story. This is him on the walkway outside Epcot’s Spaceship Earth, sitting on the squares that illuminate with sparkles in the evening. Here is a second picture:

These were taken on our second evening at Epcot I believe, as we were heading out of the park. As we were leaving, he stopped and explored these squares. First he stepped on them. Then, he sat on them. On a few, he put his hand on them and, yes, actually attempted to lick his hand (before I put an end to that ). He scooted across a few on his behind, and finally he got up. I was watching all of this as it happened (in the span of maybe two mintues) and I scurried him to catch up with my DH and other DS8.

As we were walking away, he asked, “Mom, how come when I put pixie dust on my bottom I can’t fly like Peter Pan?” To which I carefully crafted a response “well, you are not in the Magic Kingdom, so maybe that pixie dust is special over there.” He was quiet a bit as we walked a step further.

He then asked, “Mom, what are the ingredients for Pixie Dust?” Trying not to laugh, I simply told him, “Uh well, I don’t know really, maybe magic and happiness, and love and laughter.” (totally flying solo here, having never thought of a response to that question before and not remembering what Peter Pan says!!! ) He seemed to accept that, but as we continued along the way, he said, “You forgot one ingredient, I think.” “Oh?” was my reply. “Uh huh” he said, as he looked up with his sweaty, cute, dimpled, face, and said with complete seriousness and a knowing nod, “it’s not just magic, it's Disney magic, mom.” This was one of those moments where I could have eaten him up for his being so adorable. I completely melted of course, and it was a wonderful moment for this Mom's memory scrapbook.

So, everyone, there you go – my curious child trying to put pixie dust on his behind is the source for my TR title! I think it is a great one.

Hope you stick around for all the fun! Disney Day ONE coming up tomorrow!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 07-07-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #8
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Your reports are always fun
Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
jc040404
DIS Veteran

OMG!! Your little one is too adorable! I loved reading that and am definitely going to be following along on your TR!!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #10
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm here and can't wait to hear about all of your pixie dust!
Enjoyed your other reports and look forward to this one!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 07-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #11
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I'm here and ready to read all about your summer fun!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #12
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Awwwww. Disney magic. What a cute story. And that he tried licking his hand too. He was conducting quite the experiment... very thorough, that son of yours!

Can't wait for more!!

Oh, meant to also say what a great picture of the castle in your first post. Wow!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #14
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Thanks! We had fun!! Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
I'm here! Your reports are always fun
Awww THANKS! Looking forward to writing this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
OMG!! Your little one is too adorable! I loved reading that and am definitely going to be following along on your TR!!
He is adorable, but he has his moments Thanks for joining me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here and can't wait to hear about all of your pixie dust!
Enjoyed your other reports and look forward to this one!
Hi!!! Thanks for coming over! Please join me for the fun along the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm here and ready to read all about your summer fun!
Thank you! Pretty soon it will be time for YOUR summer fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Awwwww. Disney magic. What a cute story. And that he tried licking his hand too. He was conducting quite the experiment... very thorough, that son of yours!

Can't wait for more!!

Oh, meant to also say what a great picture of the castle in your first post. Wow!!!
I know I know what a sucker I am for a good story, right! IF that kid had wanted ANYTHING right then it would have been his. Although at that point I had finally relented and bought them both those cheezy light up "sabers" I wont call them "lightsabers" because they are NOT Starwars toys... more like drop them on the ground plastic that will break if you squeeze the handle too much crappy overpriced light up wands....

Thanks on the picture! I did actually get some decent fireworks this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm here!! Great title... what an adorable story!
Thanks! It was a fun moment for me. He was really serious and it made me just love that moment more.

Thanks for coming along!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Love the reason for the TR title! That is such a cute moment! Can't wait to read more!

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by flamestarrdust; 07-07-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: