Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Gwendolyn
Mouseketeer

Gwendolyn is going home!!! Trip-report 7th-10th of July

Tomorrow DS(almost 4) and I will go to Disneyland Paris. It'll be the first time we will sleep there since Merlijn was a baby (june 2007).

My husband and my oldest son Burton are at scoutscamp so they won't join the fun. But that means more time for mommy and Merlijn to spend together

So this is Merlijn. Since he is turning 4 in 3 weeks and will go to kindergarten after summerbreak, he had a farewell party at his pre-school.

And this is me next to Merlijn at our favorite Chinese restaurant in the Hague (the town next door )

We will stay in Disney's Hotel Santa Fé which is greatly themed in a route66 theme, expecially the town Santa Fé. But you will find a crashed flying saucer somewhere and brokendown cars and roadkill carcasses etc.
I just love this hotel, and its the cheapest of the bunch too. We got this hotel with a 40% discount.

I decided to go with the Half Board vouchers. So we can have dinners on a discount. The discount was even higher than with our Shareholders Pass, so we wanted to go with it.
First I went with the Standard vouchers, which allows you to eat a full meal (appetiser, entrée, dessert and drink) at 8 restaurants in the parcs. Including my all-time favourite Agrabah Café.
But I really really want to eat at a couple of other restaurants too, so I decided to upgrade the vouchers to Plus.

For the first time ever I've decided not to wing it with the meals so I actually made dining reservations. :hehe:
Tomorrow at 14:00 we will eat at the Blue Lagoon restaurant which is actually situated inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

Thursday we will eat at Walt's An American Restaurant on Mainstreet

And later we will have high tea at Lucky Nugget Saloon with Disney Characters. We will celebrate Merlijns birthday there. I'm really curious how he will react.

Friday we will watch the Buffalo Bill's Wild west dinner show with Mickey and friends. It is not in the meal plan (at least not in the one we have) but we got 18% discount because we booked a package instead of room-only. We will be seated first category. That mean we will have a pillow under our bums, have nacho's during the show and tea with sweets afterwards. We will see if its worth the extra 12 euro's to sit first category

Saturday we will have early lunch at Lucky Nugget Saloon It's a character buffet all tex-mex. Not my type of food, but I like the characters being there.

Things to see:
Disney's Fantillusion Parade
Disney's Enchanted Fireworks
Panoramagique; Disney's first hot air balloon that allows you to view the area at 100 meters height :D

It will be the first time that Merlijn will go into Big Thunder Mountain, he had to grow another 1cm last year.

We will return home Saturday in the late afternoon: we will head back to Paris by RER and take the Thalys train back home.

I hope I can trick my dad to pick us up from Rotterdam station, because we will be really really tired.

Thats my pre-trippie for now Wait a couple of days for the real trip-report

EDIT: I've edited this post to make the TR better readable and to have only my own pictures in this TR.

Index:
Day 1 part 1: To Disney or not to Disney? That's the question.
Day 1 part 2: Welcome to New Mexico
Day 1 part 3: We are going to Disneyland!!!
Day 1 part 4: Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me!
Day 1 part 5: What a pleasant surprise!
Day 1 part 6: I know you I've walked with you
Day 1 part 7: Once Upon a Dream
Day 1 part 8: Let's go to Thunder Mesa
Day 1 part 9: Mickey and friends, and more friends, and even more friends, and...
Day 1 part 10: Let there be light!
Day 1 part 11: Enchanting
Day 2 part 1: Goodmorning Disneyland!
Day 2 part 2: Hello Fantasyland!
Day 2 part 3: It's a Small World After All
Day 2 part 4: Aye Pirates!
Day 2 part 5: Back to Thunder Mesa
Day 2 part 6: More views from Mark Twain
Day 2 part 7: Jules Verne land
Day 2 part 8: A Disastrous lunch
3 days: november 2004 Santa Fe, march-april 2006 Seqouia Lodge
4 days Santa Fe: dec 2000/jun 2003/dec-jan 2004-2005/jun 2007/jul 2010
5 days Castle Club: september 2004
WDW 15 days: December 2005 POF

Gwendolyn is going home! A DLRP photo trip report

Last edited by Gwendolyn; 09-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: