Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
dizneemagicmom
Earning My Ears

Movie tunes used in the Soarin' queue

I once saw a list of the movies whose tunes are used in Soarin's queue. I know there is music from Dave, Steel Magnolias, Air Force One, The Rocketeer, Jonathan Livingston Seagull and several more, but I need to see the list again and I can't remember where I saw it. I know it was on a site where you could also buy the music.

Can anyone help me with the other movies included in the queue line? Thanks so much.
dizneemagicmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Great question!
I would really like to know too!
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

i found this on wikipedia

Inspirational music from a variety of films, many of them war- or flight-themed, is played outside the ride building at the California Adventure version and in the queue hallways in both versions. Some film scores featured include Patton, MacArthur, Air Force One, The Blue Max (all by Jerry Goldsmith), Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (by Randy Edelman), The Last Starfighter (by Craig Safan), Apollo 13 and The Rocketeer (both by James Horner), Always (by John Williams) and the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers (by Michael Kamen). The Air Force Song and Jupiter from Gustav Holst's orchestral suite The Planets are also included, based on their use in The Right Stuff. In the California Adventure version of the attraction, the "History of Aviation in California" hallway of the queue uses the scores to many different films.

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Is the music from the cue line the same music that they play in the main area of The Land (where Sunshine Seasons is)?

I have listened to the songs on this list (and other lists I have found) and none of them sound like the current playlist.

We eat at SS when we go to Epcot and I have noticed a song that sounds like it came from ET and a real pretty one that my mom says is the theme from Out of Africa.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: