Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #151
smidgy
dimples

to all you fellow hot tea drinkers: you might not see tea bags at the refill stations.... ALL IS NOT LOST! they still have hot tea. you just have to ask the CM at the checkout for the bags (no, you don't have to wait in line, just wait until they are done with the last transaction).. they did this because people were helping themselves to 20 teabags at a time! (even people without mugs)
I asked a CM, well, there are coffeepots in the room, but no tea bags, so I make hot water with my coffepot, but I DO have a mug. they told me to go ahead and take a "few". but, apparently, people were restocking their home pantry!
as you fellow tea drinkers know, hot tea drinkers are discriminated against! (hubby says, "as well you should be"rotfl2
you go out for breakfast. hubby gets, "more coffee, sir?" I get "more hot water for your limp, 3 times used tea bag?"
I don't care if it's a church group, Bible study, school meeting, soccer meeting, there is always coffee!(not to mention the "free" continental breakfasts at the Day's inn, Knights Inn, etc, on the trip down). TEA?? NAH!
ok, off my soap box. but, never fear, Disney still offers tea bags for the mugs!!! YAY!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #152
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Poly Mug Questions

1) Besides Captain Cook's, is there anywhere else to fill mugs at Poly?

2) How is the hot chocolate at Captain Cook's? Is it just water and cocoa, or does it have milk in it?

3) Is there herbal (non-caffeine) hot tea that you can use to fill your mug (like Bigelow) or is it only Lipton caffeineted tea?

4) Finally, do they have iced tea? If so, what brand/kind?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #153
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
1) Besides Captain Cook's, is there anywhere else to fill mugs at Poly?

2) How is the hot chocolate at Captain Cook's? Is it just water and cocoa, or does it have milk in it?

3) Is there herbal (non-caffeine) hot tea that you can use to fill your mug (like Bigelow) or is it only Lipton caffeineted tea?

4) Finally, do they have iced tea? If so, what brand/kind?
CC's is the only place to get refills at Poly. I can't comment on the hot chocolate or tea (we didn't get any when we were there). They don't have iced tea in the fountain (I just double checked the picture MsStinkerBelle posted in the Poly thread), they may have it in bottles in the cooler. They do have Minute Maid light raspberry lemonade that our kids really liked. Sorry not to be much help!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #154
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
CC's is the only place to get refills at Poly. I can't comment on the hot chocolate or tea (we didn't get any when we were there). They don't have iced tea in the fountain (I just double checked the picture MsStinkerBelle posted in the Poly thread), they may have it in bottles in the cooler. They do have Minute Maid light raspberry lemonade that our kids really liked. Sorry not to be much help!
Thanks! I had seen that some resorts have Gold Peak Tea and was hoping Poly was one of them. I like the Light Lemonade, so that would probably be our drink of choice later in the day.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #155
Princess&CowboyMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
We plan on purchasing the mugs, but I see 2 potential (related) problems - the size of the mug (small) and the distance between the mug refill point and the room (large). In this age of 32oz, 44oz, and 64 oz cups, a 14 oz mug does NOT provide sufficent soda for a quiet evening at the resort. At least not for an adult soda pop addict.

Is there any objection to our filling the mugs, going out, transferring the contents of the mugs into larger cups we bring with us, going to the back of the line, and getting another immediate refill that we will also add to our personal cups? That way we wouldn't have drunk the whole thing by the time we walked back to our room!

Or does Disney object to this?
We *kinda* do something similar. I fill up the mugs with soda and never put ice in them if I'm carrying it back to the room. Once I get back to the room, I use a different glass that has ice in it and pour the stuff in the mug into it. So, I get about 2x as much soda (or more) by leaving out the ice.

It doesn't work as well if you're out and about, but it definitely is a time saver if you're going back to your room for a while...

1991 - off-site; Jan 2000 - Honeymoon with DH at BC, DCL-Wonder, and POFQ; Dec 2006 - BC, OKW; Aug 2007 - SSR, OKW; Nov 2007 - Poly, WLV and SSR; Feb 2008 - BWV, BCV; Dec 2008 - AKV (J), SSR, WLV, FtWC; Nov 2009 (10thAnn) - Pirate CBR, WLV; Dec 2010 POFQ, AKV CL, BCV, Pirate CBR; Nov 2011 OKW, SSR-THV

Princess&CowboyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #156
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Anybody got a picture of what the mugs currently look like???
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #157
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

I am thinking of getting some half and half in the mug and store it in the fridge for our morning coffee. Does anyone know if there's any creamer with the in-room coffee maker?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #158
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symans3honeybees View Post
I am thinking of getting some half and half in the mug and store it in the fridge for our morning coffee. Does anyone know if there's any creamer with the in-room coffee maker?
No can do. No milk or half and half available for the mugs.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #159
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Anybody got a picture of what the mugs currently look like???
Here you go.
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/02/...d-resort-mugs/
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #160
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
thank you
Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #161
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post

isn't that last years mug??

they still haven't changed it yet? i think we'll pass on them this year then since we still have last years mug. plus we aren't planning on seeing the resort cafe much but it would have been a nice souvenier
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #162
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

Does the Swan and Dolphin still have refillable mugs? If so, what can I fill them with and where? Also, what is the cost?

2002: Disneyland and Californian Adventure - Offsite
2006: WDW - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2007: Disneyland Resort Paris - Disney's Sequoia Lodge
2008: Tokyo Disney Resort - Hilton @ Tokyo Disney Resort
2010: HK Disneyland - Offsite
2010: WDW - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
The_Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #163
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr
thank you
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
isn't that last years mug??

they still haven't changed it yet? i think we'll pass on them this year then since we still have last years mug. plus we aren't planning on seeing the resort cafe much but it would have been a nice souvenier
Yes they did not change the mug design for 2010, so it's last years mug.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #164
ummchacha
Mouseketeer

Sorry to be such a dunce, but which one is current? The one with the print all the way down to the bottom, or the one with the white bottom? Thanks

Last edited by ummchacha; 07-03-2010 at 11:17 AM.
ummchacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #165
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummchacha View Post
Sorry to be such a dunce, but which one is current? The one with the print all the way down to the bottom, or the one with the white bottom? Thanks
The ones with the print all the way to the bottom of the mug.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: