Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #211
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Wow stunning is more like it! I never got to see the tree so late. But then again I've never gotten to use my EMH for AK. Wow it was just too pretty! I hope someday I can do that as well!

I think I saw you and DS on EE. I love the ride but when you go backwards it makes me motion sick.

Wow 17 people! I can't even imagine traveling with two other people. I horde my Disney trips like no ones business. I'm *almost* but I'm also excited about our trip to DL with my father, FIL, MIL, and DH. But MIL and my Dad don't ride rides. :P

I love the photos I really do!!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #212
cdotla
Trish

Wow! That sounds like my kinda family!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #213
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
You are just crusing right through that list!

And, no I can't imagine trying to plan a trip for 17 (or 25!) people and being able to make everyone happy - ugggg, no thank you!
I think if I had this many people on the trip, I'd plan for what I wanted to do as there is NO WAY you could make everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Wow stunning is more like it! I never got to see the tree so late. But then again I've never gotten to use my EMH for AK. Wow it was just too pretty! I hope someday I can do that as well!

I think I saw you and DS on EE. I love the ride but when you go backwards it makes me motion sick.

Wow 17 people! I can't even imagine traveling with two other people. I horde my Disney trips like no ones business. I'm *almost* but I'm also excited about our trip to DL with my father, FIL, MIL, and DH. But MIL and my Dad don't ride rides. :P

I love the photos I really do!!
Thanks! And yes - that is me and DS on EE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow! That sounds like my kinda family!
Yup . The elderly gentleman was having a fantastic time with the family and it seemed like the type of holiday where everyone could go their own way and come back to meet up.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #214
PrincessInOz
in

An Aussie's Journey. Day 9 Four Parks, One World in One Day! Part 5

One DHS ride short of a Clean Sweep

It was past 8 pm when we left AK and through the magic of Disney transportation, there were buses at the bus stop waiting and more arriving all heading to DHS. We were shooting for TSM and Fantasmic at DHS. The park schedule had changed in late April and where there had previously been one show for Fantasmic!, there was now 2. Again, being Wednesday night, our timing for making 4 parks in one day couldnt have been any better.

We walked in through the gates at DHS around 8.30 pm and I made the boys stop for this shot.

DH thinks that I was very clever to get the angles correct so that it looks like hes wearing the hat. Dont anyone tell him but I dont remember any such thoughts crossing my mind that night.

We then rushed off to see what the queue was like for TSM. Alas, stand-by was around 75 minutes and the fast pass machines were closed for the night. So much for the thought of a perfect clean sweep of our list!

Given the time, we all decided that dinner was probably more important than riding TSM one last time even DS! We briefly contemplated substituting TSM with RnRC; but the boys didnt feel like going upside down.

We ended up at ABC Commissary.

DS ordered the Fish and Chips. Bleh!

DH ordered the Asian Salad. YUM!

The dressing for this salad was pretty good and the reason why the salad was so tasty. It had that nice zing to it and a good balance between acid, sweet and salty.

I also ordered the Asian Salad with extra Chicken! Double YUM!!

We had to wait about 15 minutes for the CMs to complete our order because the Chicken had to be freshly cooked. For me, it was worth the wait because when coupled with the salad, my meal was delicious.

The second showing of Fantasmic!

By this time we finished dinner, it was after 9.30 pm and we needed to work out what the crowd levels were like for the late showing of Fantasmic! The queue was all the way down Sunset Boulevard to the corner of Hollywood Boulevard; or where you could see the Hat!

Whilst we were keen to get in line, we also figured we might not have another photo opportunity at DHS.

I am so glad that we stopped for this one! I am also so glad that we invested in the new camera, as some of the pictures wed gotten on this trip have been unbelievable.

The CMs were doing a great job at encouraging everyone to get in the Fantasmic line. Even though it looked like a full house to me, we were told that there would still be seating space for everyone standing at the back of the line.

It took us 15 minutes to get into the venue. We found a seat at one of the ends of the stadium; rather than in the middle, about way up from the stage.

DH had the camera and only took 2 shots in Fantasmic.

I wish he had taken more! Both shots look good to me.

As with 4-D movies, DS had never been keen on Fantasmic; but yet again tonight, he had no choice. DH and I made him sit through 15 minutes of this show with us literally holding him down. But in the end, I relented to leave with him just as Maleficent transformed into the dragon. I knew that DS would be jumping out of his skin if we made him stay any longer; even if there was less than 5 minutes to the end.

I think Ive seen Fantasmic at DLR twice by myself; whilst DH stayed back with DS. So, I figured it would only be fair to return the favour this time.

DS and I headed out and it turned out to be a good decision we beat the crowds and there was a Friendship boat waiting for us at the docks to go back to BCV.

Wed pretty much spent the day as commandos and SAS ones at that something that I keep saying that were not going to do. Wed also achieved the near impossible nearly all the major attractions that we wanted to get on at every single park. Sometimes, with luck, magic and pixie dust you end up having a nearly perfect day.

4 Parks, One World One Day!

[Up next Its my birthday and our last day so Ill buy if I want to!]

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #215
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I still can't get over how you and your family managed to do so much !

The pictures are absolutely awesome! I was finally enticed to try that Butterfinger Cupcake at DHS..... whew way too sweet for me but I agree with you hands down on the Dole Whip Yum! I want you to know that every park I've been too since you left I can picture you all there...must be not only due to your pictures but your running commentary and wicked sense of humor sticks in my head
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #216
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Fabulous picture!!

I'm so amazed that you hit all 4 parks in one day, sounds like so much fun, but exhausting as well!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #217
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
I still can't get over how you and your family managed to do so much !

The pictures are absolutely awesome! I was finally enticed to try that Butterfinger Cupcake at DHS..... whew way too sweet for me but I agree with you hands down on the Dole Whip Yum! I want you to know that every park I've been too since you left I can picture you all there...must be not only due to your pictures but your running commentary and wicked sense of humor sticks in my head
I can't get over how me and my family managed to do so much!!

Yes, the butterfinger cupcake is very sweet and it took 3 of us to finish one!

Quote:
Fabulous picture!!

I'm so amazed that you hit all 4 parks in one day, sounds like so much fun, but exhausting as well!
Thank you; and you are right. It was a fun day and tiring.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #218
manntra
DIS Veteran

4 parks in 1 day is a lot of fun isn't it?....tiring but fun!! I love the pictures of the parks at twilight/night....they just have such a different feel

I just love your sense of humor!!! You make me laugh right out loud!!!

Tracy
Old 07-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #219
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
4 parks in 1 day is a lot of fun isn't it?....tiring but fun!! I love the pictures of the parks at twilight/night....they just have such a different feel

I just love your sense of humor!!! You make me laugh right out loud!!!

Tracy
Thanks Tracy. Hope to be sharing that sense of humour in person in October . I just need to finish this TR before focussing on a new PTR.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #220
PrincessInOz
in

An Aussie's Journey. Day 10 - It's our Last Day at WDW.

Today was the last full day that we would have at the World and it was my birthday.

After wed pretty much achieved the dream list the day before, we wondered what we would do for the day. DH and I knew that we wanted to spend some time at BCV and SAB enjoying the facilities and we also knew that we would have to return the hire car today and drop it off at the Dolphin. Plus we had something special planned for the night.

It turned out that DS also had a plan of his own for today. For some reason unknown to us, when we were in AK, he had missed out on one stamp in his Kids Discovery Club membership. And he wanted to go to AK to collect the last stamp AND finish the collection with the special Rafiki stamp at the bottom.

So with a little bit of food stamping from DS and after wed finished all the food wed been stashing in the fridge for breakfast, we headed out for that final stamp. Turns out we needed to be in Camp Mickey and Minnie.

A brief stop and run in was all we were going to do so that we would have this completed card...We ended up having to listen to the CM for over 30 minutes!

Id been pretty good up until now in terms of purchasing trinkets and souveniers; but when I was at AK earlier in the trip, Id seen a bag that I had considered getting. I resisted the urge then; and even the night before, when wed come back for EMH, I didnt indulge.
This time, I had over 30 minutes to think about this and third times the charm!

This little beauty is now happily hanging out in my closet.

It is now more than acquainted with the Fossil bag that I picked up at the Outlets where the extended family had stayed.

We headed back to BCV after I completed my purchase and within 10 minutes, we were more than chin high in SAB water. It was a perfectly wonderful morning; all the more so because I bumped into TinkerbellinLouisian in the pool and spent a couple of minutes just chatting with her and introducing her to DH and DS.

DH left the pool early to drop the car off at the Dolphin Hotel.

He took the camera with him and obviously came back with a couple of shots of the hotel.

DS and I stayed for a little bit longer and then sadly left the pool for our room. After a quick shower and change, we decided to head for Beaches and Cream.

I know that a lot of people rave about the food at B&C. Im not going to be one of them. I personally found the burger that I had and the hot dog that DS had disappointing.

DH pitched up after we had finished our meal and took a picture of his vegetarian burger.

Its the only shot we have of the B&C food and Im still cannot work out how other people can rave about the meals here. I think I'm going to have to try the ice creams the next time.

On the way back to our room, DS stopped by the arcade and again charmed his way with the older kids on Guitar Hero.

With a little bit of free time on my hands, I took the opportunity to go shopping around the world.

Up next - Shopping around the World

Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #221
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Love the Mickey bag you picked up - so cute!

I don't guess I've ever seen any reviews of the food at B&C, just the ice cream. If I ever get over there I'll have to remember to just get dessert

Can't wait to hear about your shopping trip!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #222
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Curious what did DH think of the vegetarian burger? I like them but haven't tried it there, it looks good in the picture...love the perseverance of DS to get that project done..tell him AK is my favorite park so I enjoyed seeing what the kids do...still amazed at all you did
Old 07-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #223
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Love the Mickey bag you picked up - so cute!

I don't guess I've ever seen any reviews of the food at B&C, just the ice cream. If I ever get over there I'll have to remember to just get dessert

Can't wait to hear about your shopping trip!!!
Everyone remarks about my bag whenever I use it. I need to get into action and string some words together for my next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Curious what did DH think of the vegetarian burger? I like them but haven't tried it there, it looks good in the picture...love the perseverance of DS to get that project done..tell him AK is my favorite park so I enjoyed seeing what the kids do...still amazed at all you did
DH didn't think much of the vegie burger. It may be different with a different chef in the kitchen. The food was overcooked; but the salad was fresh.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #224
cdotla
Trish

Great bag! I bought a similar one myself on our trip.

Can you believe in our 8 days at the BC, we did not get to Beaches and Cream once??!!! My MIL did though, and she said her burger was awful. So in retrospect, I am glad we didn't order any food there. Being on the Deluxe Dining Plan, we were also always too full to order ice cream. Next trip for sure I will stop in for dessert!

Looking forward to hearing about your shopping trip and your birthday evening!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #225
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great bag! I bought a similar one myself on our trip.

Can you believe in our 8 days at the BC, we did not get to Beaches and Cream once??!!! My MIL did though, and she said her burger was awful. So in retrospect, I am glad we didn't order any food there. Being on the Deluxe Dining Plan, we were also always too full to order ice cream. Next trip for sure I will stop in for dessert!

Looking forward to hearing about your shopping trip and your birthday evening!
Thanks Trish. Are you enjoying your bag?

You didn't miss much at Beaches and Cream. The icecream sundaes looked great and I'm now sorry that I didn't sample one. Next trip .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: