Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #316
cmskok
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Just thought I would share this as it is quite funny. It is a reply back to a post Kim Kardashian made on Twitter.
http://codenamemama.com/2010/06/19/k...l-to-cover-up/
Love it!!!
1987 Off Property; 1998 CB Disneymoon; 2000 Disneyland Off Property; 2002 ASM;2003 POR; 2004 POR; 2005 PC; 2006 PC; 2007 OKW and AKL; 2008 SSR,1/2009 SSR; 9/2009 AKV KV;1/2010 BCV; 8/2010 AKV, SSR & BC; 1/2011 BLT&BWV; 1/2012 BCV, BWV & BLT; 11/2012 BCV; 8/13 CBR; 1/14 SSR

cmskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #317
rosedolph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just thought I would share this as it is quite funny. It is a reply back to a post Kim Kardashian made on Twitter.

That was great - thanks for sharing!!

And Then!!
rosedolph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #318
hippiemama76
Mouseketeer

I've missed a lot, so I'm trying to catch up.

Eating - We do baby-led weaning. It's worked great for both girls and it's so easy! http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/

Sippy cups - We used them with DD1, but with DD2 she's always had a regular cup. They both have Klean Kanteens for travel, but at home DD2 is good with an adult cup. I had to help her at first, but now she's totally independent.

Babywearing - If I could only have one (which would be torture, I'm a collector!) I would go with the Ergo. I still can wear DD1 (5 in June, and weighs 39 lbs) for 30-45 minutes. It will be a great investment. Wraps are much more stylish, but it's so nice to get a wriggly toddler in and out with just a snap!

Recent Trips - 12/08, 4/09, 12/09, 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 (x2), 4/10 (x2), 5/10 (x2)
Premium Annual Pass - expires 3/2011
hippiemama76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #319
jerseymom9
Earning My Ears

3 years ago, with a 2 month old, I used my Hooter Hider and BF throughout the park with no problems. It was sooooo hot, but the Hooter Hider has the ring on top, that allows air to circulate. Much easier for me, and cooler for the baby then a blanket.

I got no stares, or comments
jerseymom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #320
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

bump...

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #321
sajetto
Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007
I could eat Pad Thai everyday
I was gonna put Val Kilmer next

Quote:
I LOVE it!!! If only I were that witty.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #322
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

We are booking a last minute trip and I plan on BFing my then 13mo old. I will purposely try with all my might to make sure she doesn't wean before then. No way do I want to deal with bottles. She has refused one since 3 months old and now I am just used to not having to pump/clean bottles.

My first self weaned at 10 months, she much prefered bottles and by then I was done with pumping - but this one is a ****ie lova I see no end in sight.

ETA: Haha - I had no idea dood (b's instead of d's) is a "bad" word on DIS - LOL!!!
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #323
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajetto View Post
I LOVE it!!! If only I were that witty.
I love it. Didn't she have a "love" tape? She sured showed a lot of people her tata's.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.

Last edited by Suzanne74; 06-30-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #324
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

I have to say this thread is a great thread. I BF DD who is now 5. I have never really BFed in public. I would pump and put in bottles. I have BF in the car in parking lots because she couldn't wait. My DH is trying to talk me into another one. This one would be BF as well and I will have to learn to do it in public if we are going to take any trip as it is so much easier than the pumping and bottles. I would still have to pump as I have to work. There are so many great tips in the thread.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #325
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I know some of you can understand.

I have officially stopped pumping at work! Yesterday was my first day. We have enough milk stored for probably 2 months and then she'll switch to regular milk when I'm at work. No plans to force her to wean or anything though...yet.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #326
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

I have officially stopped pumping at work! Yesterday was my first day. We have enough milk stored for probably 2 months and then she'll switch to regular milk when I'm at work. No plans to force her to wean or anything though...yet.
Congrats! I am off work for the summer, but I am considering not pumping when I go back. I don't have a ton of frozen milk, just a couple of weeks worth, but my DS will be 11 1/2 months and the doctor said we could introduce whole milk then. If he is on the same schedule as now, I could still nurse 3 times per day and give one whole milk feeding when the frozen milk is gone.

I am on the fence about when to totally wean. I love nursing him, he loves nursing, I don't see him choosing to wean any time soon. So we shall see. Part of me would love to have my body back and I have had a really hard time losing weight while nursing. (Baby weight is long gone, but I have more to lose) But he is my last baby and I have really enjoyed nursing him. It will be a tough decision!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #327
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
I have to say this thread is a great thread. I BF DD who is now 5. I have never really BFed in public. I would pump and put in bottles. I have BF in the car in parking lots because she couldn't wait. My DH is trying to talk me into another one. This one would be BF as well and I will have to learn to do it in public if we are going to take any trip as it is so much easier than the pumping and bottles. I would still have to pump as I have to work. There are so many great tips in the thread.
Welcome! You will find great information here! I went back to work 4 days/week when my DS was 12 weeks. I was able to make pumping work and he has not had to have formula supplements at all- he is almost 10 months now. If you have specific questions about pumping to maintain your supply while away from your baby, I am willing to help. Happy baby planning!!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #328
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

I quit pumping back in late March. Katie started refusing the bottle at daycare, and I was pouring out her bottles every day. Too painful. She went to sippy cups of milk, but saved up most of her drinking for when I picked her up! I cleaned out the deep freezer this week and threw out a huge bag of frozen milk. That was like a knife to the heart, but at almost 14 mos if something happended to me she wouldn't need the breast milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&beast View Post
Congrats! I am off work for the summer, but I am considering not pumping when I go back. I don't have a ton of frozen milk, just a couple of weeks worth, but my DS will be 11 1/2 months and the doctor said we could introduce whole milk then. If he is on the same schedule as now, I could still nurse 3 times per day and give one whole milk feeding when the frozen milk is gone.

I am on the fence about when to totally wean. I love nursing him, he loves nursing, I don't see him choosing to wean any time soon. So we shall see. Part of me would love to have my body back and I have had a really hard time losing weight while nursing. (Baby weight is long gone, but I have more to lose) But he is my last baby and I have really enjoyed nursing him. It will be a tough decision!
I don't see Katie ever self weaning. She loves nursing! I teach, and have been home for 5 wks now for the summer. She would stay attached all day if I let her. I go back in 4 wks, and plan to keep nursing mornings and evenings until around Thanksgiving. After that, dh wants me to stop. She is my last baby, so I just don't know.....
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #329
diz74
Earning My Ears

I LOVE this thread! I just added it to my favorites so I can read through it before my trip in August. I'll be nursing my 5 month old and need all the tips I can get!
diz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #330
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Any suggestions about what to do with a biter? My DS is 10 months today and bit me really badly this morning. He is teething- cutting 6 teeth at once! When my 2nd bit me at 11 months, I stopped nursing because he drew blood every time. I am not ready to stop bfiing and I don't want to pump every feeding if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: