Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #751
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmousefan View Post
Thank you for a well laid out TR that reflected the great time you had. Good pictures and story, have a great marriage.
Aw, thank you so much! I really enjoyed writing for all of you! Thank you so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Hey Staci! I missed your last few updates while I was away, but I am all caught up now!

So sad your TR is coming to an end. I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Looking forward to hearing your final thoughts!
Thank you SO much for reading along! Sorry it's taken me forever to finish it. I'm anxious to finish my final thoughts!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 06-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #752
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Hello out there! How have you been Staci??

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #753
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hello out there! How have you been Staci??
Hey Jenny! Let's just say it's been one of the craziest months of my life. Things have been turned upside down! I'll write an update soon... I'm in a wedding this weekend and have to drive 7 hours by myself, but I'll be back to update next week! I hope you've had a great summer so far!!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #754
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Hi Staci! Just wanted to say I'm glad to see you checking in. Have a great weekend and have fun in the wedding!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #755
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hey Jenny! Let's just say it's been one of the craziest months of my life. Things have been turned upside down! I'll write an update soon... I'm in a wedding this weekend and have to drive 7 hours by myself, but I'll be back to update next week! I hope you've had a great summer so far!!
7 hours?? By yourself?? Be careful! Looking forward to your update!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #756
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Hi Staci! Just wanted to say I'm glad to see you checking in. Have a great weekend and have fun in the wedding!
Hi Ann! Thanks so much! I'm glad I was finally able to come back to the DIS for at least a few minutes. I'm working on catching up on TRs and stuff--so I'll try to make it to yours asap! The wedding was wonderful! I hope you had a great weekend too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
7 hours?? By yourself?? Be careful! Looking forward to your update!
Yeah, it was crazy driving that by myself! But I had music to listen to! I'll update about life next, and then I'll finish up this TR sometime soon.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #757
cdotla
Trish

Glad to see you back! Have fun at the wedding, and looking forward to your next updates when you can!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #758
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Glad to see you back! Have fun at the wedding, and looking forward to your next updates when you can!
I'm glad to be back! Thanks so much--the wedding was fantastic. I'll do a life update right after this!

Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #759
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Life Update

Once again, I am SOOOO sorry for neglecting my TR. I promise that I was thinking about all of you often, but I literally did not have the time to even get on and update.

To put it mildly, life has been CRAZY.

May was supposed to be calmer than the rest of the spring had been, but that turned out to not be the case. While we did have some free nights (thank goodness!), our weekends were still pretty nuts.

The first weekend, we took our youth to Tyler, TX to volunteer at Pine Cove Camps again. We had a GREAT time, and Michael and I got to see some of our really good friends that work at camp.

Class of 2008

PS. That’s me in the middle of their sandwich.

Oh—and my cousin had her baby the day before we left, so we got to meet little Paix as well!

The next weekend was actually free! It was the first in what seemed like forever.

The next week my cousin stayed with us, and then that weekend was her law school graduation party, so we went to TX for the party/mini family reunion. On Sunday I had a bridal shower to go to plus the church picnic.

Hehe…opening my gift.

The weekend of the 21-23, we were supposed to have a nice, quiet weekend and our only commitment was to go to our friends’ wedding. Let me start by saying that Danna and Jonathan (the ones getting married) have become some of our very best friends since January. We try to hang out at least every other week, and we’ve just gotten really, really close. So if they needed anything, we’d be the first to volunteer….

Well, Danna’s mom called me on Thursday (before the wedding on Saturday) and was practically in tears. She said their wedding coordinator backed out that day (she said she was too sick, but I work with her, and she wasn’t…but that’s another story) and she didn’t even do the programs like she said she would. So she asked if I’d PLEASE design and help them make the programs, and I said I’d love to. Then she asked if I’d PLEASE help coordinate things since they needed someone to be in charge, and she didn’t think she could. Of course I agreed, and there went our relaxing weekend.

It was a whirlwind of really late nights and wedding overload, but it turned out to be beautiful, and we’d do it all over again if we were given the option. And we’re so glad that we were able to help them!!

The Programs I designed/made

Michael Videoed the wedding. He’s SUPER talented. I’ll have to try to get the highlight video up here sometime…

The following Tuesday, life turned upside-down. We’d been praying for a while that we would just know when it’s time to move elsewhere. Well, some things happened that made it pretty clear, and we went from planning to stay for another year (at least) to looking to move as soon as possible. The biggest issue is that our church budget is really hurting, and we’ve been told that it’s only a matter of time before Michael has to be cut to a part-time position since he’s the only other full-time employee besides the pastor. We can’t make it on half of what he makes now, and so we want to try to move before it comes to that. We talked it over with our pastor on Tuesday and he supports us fully, and then Michael met with the personnel committee on Sunday to tell them that we’re planning to move. While they all said that they would hate to see us go, they understand that they can’t ask us to stay when the budget is how it is. So those are the only people that know as of now (so please don’t say anything on FB if we’re friends), and we’ve been job-hunting every since.

We’ve both applied for full-time positions at the camp where we worked in the summers (Pine Cove), and I’ve had my phone interview, but we really don’t know what’s going to come from that. We also interviewed at a K-6th grade school in Dallas on Monday, and it’s looking semi-promising. We think that we would both love teaching there, and it’d be amazing to have a teacher’s schedule! A church in Houston and a church in Georgia also look like they might be promising. But it’s really all just up in the air right now. He’s applied everywhere from CA to IL to FL to DC. We would REALLY appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we try to figure out where we’re going to be next year. The good thing is that we both have our current jobs until we find new ones. But it’s still been crazy.

So job hunting has been the over-arching theme of our summer so far, with everything else going on at the same time.

Cont.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #760
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Life Update (cont.)

Cont. from previous

June 2-5, Michael was at kids’ camp with the 4-6th graders at our church. The next week was pretty hectic since we were getting ready for youth camp the following week. We left the 14th and came back on the 19th. It was probably the best week of Falls Creek (the camp we take our youth to in OK) I’ve been a part of—both as a student and a sponsor. Our kids were incredible, and we just had an amazing time! It made it REALLY hard to think about leaving when we got back. But after about two days of questioning if this is really what we feel we need to do, we were both sure about it once again. It’s just going to be tough to leave “our kids”.

Oh—and my little brother was there with his church that he works at too!

Water Assassins is a SUPER fun game, by the way!

I was racing one of our girls to the top

The ropes course Alpine Tower

Last weekend, I drove down to Brenham, TX (in-between Austin and Houston) for one of my best friend’s weddings. It was wonderful! Cecily was my roommate at a leadership camp a few years ago (we lived together for 9 months). She married Marcelo, who she met while she was in Chile for a year! I’m really, really sad that they’re moving back to Chile for at least two years, but I’m so happy for them. He’s a great guy, and they’re adorable together. I’m SOOO thankful that I was able to be a part of their special day!

Rehearsal

Our “practice flowers”

We made the bouquets! I’d never done this before, and I’m really glad I was able to learn something new. I worked with another girl and we did Cecily’s bouquet! (Oh—and we used all of our hair ties to hold it together since we didn’t have rubber bands)

Cont.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #761
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Life Update (cont.)

Cont. from previous

Bridal Luncheon:

The BEST Chicken Salad I’ve ever had—and I don’t usually like C.S.

Getting ready to go out for the wedding!

After the ceremony:

The rest of our “Forgie” girls (the leadership program we were in is called The Forge)

The cake had little pull strings in it. Instead of a garter/bouquet toss, the single ladies (and in this case, some guys as well) pulled a string and hoped for a ring. It’s one of the Chilean traditions that they incorporated.

Monday, like I said earlier, we had job interviews at a school in Dallas. We decided to make a day out of it and stopped by DBU (where we went to college) to visit people. Then we went out to eat, went shopping, and had dinner with a friend.

So I’ve been back at work for the past three days, and then we’re leaving as soon as I get off work today (around 4:00) to go on vacation!!!!!! We’re going to San Antonio, TX to visit Michael’s family and vacation at the same time. Here’s the plan so far:

Thursday: Drive to SA—arrive around 10pm

Friday: MICHAEL’S BIRTHDAY!!! Sleep in, possibly play mini-golf and go to a family fun center he used to work at, go to downtown SA and eat at Azuca's and possibly stay for Salsa dancing!

Saturday: Hang around SA. Possibly visit some of the old missions and the Riverwalk, eat at the Cool Café

Sunday: Get up and head to the Port Aransas Beach! Michael’s aunts and uncles (on his dad’s side) have a condo at Port A, and they go there every 4th of July week. Swim, fish, lay out, have family time, watch fireworks from the beach

Monday: Hang out at the beach some more, then drive to Corpus Christi to visit Michael’s Grandma and possibly some other family (on his mom’s side).

Tuesday: Leave Corpus sometime in the afternoon and go back to SA to relax

Wednesday: Go to Six Flags Fiesta TX! I’m really excited about this because there’s a water park connected to it—so now when I feel sick to my stomach and like an old person (remember Six Flags last year?!), we can go to the water park!

Thursday: Go to Schlitterbahn Water Park!!! This is voted the best water park in the nation, and I can’t wait!! Michael’s been a ton, but I’ve never been. It has three water parks in one, and it’s so big that you have to ride a tram from one area to the other. (Oh—and Michael’s parents are planning on going to Six Flags and Schlitterbahn with us, so that should be interesting/fun.)

Friday: Hang out at the house. We’re also going to try to visit my aunt who lives in SA either the weekend before we go to Port A, or this day.

Saturday: Sleep in, spend some more time with his fam, head back to OK. We’re also going to try to meet up with jenjolt and her husband in Austin, so hopefully that’ll work out! There’s a super yummy Italian restaurant there that I want to take Michael to. And then it’ll be back to the real world for us!

Again, I’m SOOOO sorry that I haven’t updated in forever, and that it’s taken me forever and a day to write this TR. I’ll have our when we get back from vacation. Oh—and we started a blog, so if you’d like the address, PM me and I’ll give it to you. I need some way to update and share pictures now that this TR is almost over!

Thank you SO much for sticking with me through this not-so-prompt TR. I really, really appreciate all of you!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #762
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

WOW staci... that's crazy!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, but it's completly understandable at your church... I can't imagine if we lost our youth pastor who we've had for 10 years now, the last one we have for 6 years and it was really hard when he left (he finished school and couldn't get a job around here). Good luck on your search, it is definetly a hard thing to do, but DH and i always live on if it's meant to be it will be.

Hope your 4th of July goes well and happy birthday to micheal!!!

oh btw... those bouquets are beautiful!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #763
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Girl, you've been crazy busy! Sorry to hear about the job situation but I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. I'm sure you'll find something and it will all fall into place.

Happy early birthday to Michael! I've heard of Schlitterbahn, I think I saw it on the travel channel. It looks awesome, have fun!

I like the bridesmaid dresses you guys wore, how they're different styles but all the same color.

Keep us updated!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #764
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

MANY prayers to you and Michael!! I hope you both find something wonderful!

I love your life updates and all of your pictures! You guys look like you have such busy but extremely fun lives!

Sending you a PM for the address .
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #765
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Wow, you've been super busy! I'm PMing you now for the blog info!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: