Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #1066
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
She looks SO CUTE!!!!
Thank you!

Ashlyn looks adorable in your avatar picture!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #1067
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
MK - DOLE WHIP FLOAT! Is there anything else?? (all time favorite!)
Epcot - Kaki Gori - YUM!
DHS - Um...I don't really know.
AK - Chocolate Chipwich...I always get ice cream in that park because I'm always super hot!!!

Congrats on the cruise, that's awesome! And she looks ADORABLE in that dress!
Thank you Jenny! I am really excited about the cruise. I really like the dress--such a relief knowing it is fitting much better.

Can you believe I have never had a Dole Whip. I know but I am not sure if I will really like it so I am going to convince DH to get it so I can try a bite of his.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #1068
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
I started buying some new things in june/july. I think for the most part I bought the next size up since the size the kids were wearing were starting to fit well. Everything worked out great for sept and most of the clothes fit them again this summer. I think boys clothes are fitted alot differently. Maybe because they were things bigger and not fitted thats why they last longer. Im not sure I cant seem to figure it out.
It seems from when I pick up things for my nephew, they do seem to fit a lot differently. I have been picking up the next size, she just seems to be growing into them. She is a bit difficult to shop for because she has a longer torso compared to the length of her legs. She is also petite but taller for her age. It can be a challenge to find clothes that fit her really well.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #1069
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
first yes w/ kids I always try and re-try on clothes before going...certiantly do not want any major surprises when you get down there...

luckily most of everything I have set aside was way large to begin w/ ...so some growing would be OK...I am concerned most about my older two as I have no hand-me-down spares in the basement like the little girls do...

Nathan needs another suit too...he wanted a Disney one, but nothing big kid available on the store site...

but to actually answer the question...I totally buy as I go along even way far out when it comes to Disney themed shirts and just save them. (Naomi-Ruth's snow white dress for BBB I bought when she was 2 ) There is always a last minute list...but it's usually underwear and tolietries...but of course this yr I need to be way on top of things w/ going in Nov there will be no shorts or swimsuits available in the stores much past the beg. of August....

glad you found some replacement suits and outfits...

J~
Thank you!

I am glad to know I am not the only one who picks up clothing way early. I have it on my to-do list to wash and pack our clothes during Labor Day weekend. I would hate to have been surprised then!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #1070
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh, I don't know HOW I missed an update (I swear my subscribed threads keep disappearing).

Yay for the cruise! How exciting for you.

Snacks in each park. That's hard because we don't eat too many.
For me, popcorn at MK, Epcot and the Studios. I'm not sure I've ever had a snack at the Animal Kingdom except for an apple. For Mark, it would be Mickey Bar at the Magic Kingdom, Eclair from France in World Showcase at Epcot, Cinnamon Roll from bakery in Animal Kingdom and the Studios would be the Chocolate Croissant he had at the Starring Rolls Bakery.
I have the same issue Kathy! Don't worry about it.

We are really looking forward to the cruise!

Popcorn is definitely on my must list! Lilian and I love popcorn so I definitely want to get one of the popcorn tubs. Thank you for sharing Mark's list too! I love cinnamon rolls, though I should not have them anymore.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #1071
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Hmm...snacks...let's see!

Epcot: Definitely try the bakery in France (Boulangerie Patisserie). Their pastries are heavenly.

MK: Pineapple Dole Whip (No Float!) in Adventureland.

DHS: I always am in the mood for icecream when I'm there so a Mickey Bar!

AK: ??? Nothing pops out to me!
Everyone seems to struggle with AK! I love the Boulangerie Patisserie!! We definitely will stop there at some point.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #1072
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Your DD looks so precious in that dress! I'm definately a shopper at all times kind of girl (as you know from reading my PTR). I have a stack of shirts set aside for Madison in her drawer that are ONLY for our Sept trip. I'll definately try everything on her again (probably in Aug) and make sure it all fits. If not, there are great end of the season sales in late Aug and early Sept!
Thank you Meghan! Wow, Madison is able to resist all those cute shirts--great will power!! There are great sales, which is nice. I notice, in MI at least, by mid August you cannot hardly find summer clothes--it has switched to jeans, sweaters, long sleeves, etc. Everything summer related is clearance but I risk not being able to find her size.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #1073
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Hi - I'm way late joining your PTR, followed your link when I saw you post on Julie's (mousescrapper) PTR that you're driving. We too are driving from the Chicago area in Nov so I'll be interested to hear your report.

Love all the cute clothes, my girls are "too old" for that stuff now, or so they have informed me. DD8 does wear some customs that my DSis makes for her but they are definitely NOT princess.

Our favorite snacks are popcorn, ice cream, Dole Whips and DH's all time favorite - Diet Coke! Definitely want to try a white chocolate macadamia chip ice cream sandwich next time from the Main Street Bakery. Also want to check out Starring Rolls in DHS. We don't do the DDP though so we limit the snacks to go easy on the budget.

Off to check out more of your links, read a lot of them but need to catch up some more.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #1074
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Thank you!

Ashlyn looks adorable in your avatar picture!
Awww, thank you!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #1075
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Meghan! Wow, Madison is able to resist all those cute shirts--great will power!! There are great sales, which is nice. I notice, in MI at least, by mid August you cannot hardly find summer clothes--it has switched to jeans, sweaters, long sleeves, etc. Everything summer related is clearance but I risk not being able to find her size.
Even though she's 7 years old, I still pick out her clothes everyday! I let her pick out her pajamas each night and I always have to go pick out something else. For example, the other night it was like a sauna in our house (no a/c) and she picked out a long-sleeved nightgown!

Everything is usually clearance by late August, but I can always find some good deals (especially at my store and Target). There always seems to be some bathing suits still hanging around and lots of tank tops. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Maddie doesn't grow too much because I already have all of her outfits planned for Disney!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #1076
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Jenny! I am really excited about the cruise. I really like the dress--such a relief knowing it is fitting much better.

Can you believe I have never had a Dole Whip. I know but I am not sure if I will really like it so I am going to convince DH to get it so I can try a bite of his.
Do you like pineapple? The whip itself can be a bit much but the float...yum! You can get pinapple juice topped with orange, vanilla, or pineapple whip. If you like any of those flavors, give it a try.

Look at me sounding like some kinda dole whip professional.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #1077
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Hi - I'm way late joining your PTR, followed your link when I saw you post on Julie's (mousescrapper) PTR that you're driving. We too are driving from the Chicago area in Nov so I'll be interested to hear your report.

Love all the cute clothes, my girls are "too old" for that stuff now, or so they have informed me. DD8 does wear some customs that my DSis makes for her but they are definitely NOT princess.

Our favorite snacks are popcorn, ice cream, Dole Whips and DH's all time favorite - Diet Coke! Definitely want to try a white chocolate macadamia chip ice cream sandwich next time from the Main Street Bakery. Also want to check out Starring Rolls in DHS. We don't do the DDP though so we limit the snacks to go easy on the budget.

Off to check out more of your links, read a lot of them but need to catch up some more.
to my PTR!!

We are driving, looking forward to it actually. There are several wondering how it goes, so I will be honest about how both ways went and what we learned along the way!

DD won't be able to wear several of the outfits DGM bought for her because they will be too big. Which is fine, she went a little overboard with as many as she has gotten! We are going on a cruise in May, so they should fit well then.

With as large of a group we have, we would have kept with the DDP without the free dining, though the free dining is definitely a huge perk! Next May, if we go to the parks, I am thinking we most likely not get it. We are waiting to see what kind of bounceback offer we get in September.

Looking forward to having you along for the rest of the ride.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #1078
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Even though she's 7 years old, I still pick out her clothes everyday! I let her pick out her pajamas each night and I always have to go pick out something else. For example, the other night it was like a sauna in our house (no a/c) and she picked out a long-sleeved nightgown!

Everything is usually clearance by late August, but I can always find some good deals (especially at my store and Target). There always seems to be some bathing suits still hanging around and lots of tank tops. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Maddie doesn't grow too much because I already have all of her outfits planned for Disney!
My niece will be 9 in December and some of the outfits she picks out are interesting, to say the least.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #1079
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Do you like pineapple? The whip itself can be a bit much but the float...yum! You can get pinapple juice topped with orange, vanilla, or pineapple whip. If you like any of those flavors, give it a try.

Look at me sounding like some kinda dole whip professional.
You are definitely selling it to me!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #1080
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Dumbo, Do or Die ;)

So I am sitting here working on touring plans and I have a question for you all:

Will it be possible to get Dumbo out of the way on Saturday when we arrive?

TGM says it is a recommended park because the early closing time will keep most away. TP red flagged the day. Conflicting opinions, obviously.

I am anticipating us to be able to be at MK around 2:00 p.m. We should have already eaten lunch. We will have from 2:00-6:00 p.m. then we need to leave because of NOJ.

I think we could possibly try for a few other attractions, than get in line at Dumbo around 4:30/5:00. Is this potentially a crazy plan? Lilian has been talking about wanting to ride Dumbo, so I would love to get this out of the way as soon as we can.

Anyone attend NOJ? I am not sure if Dumbo will be high up on the list of attractions to ride since NOJ typically draws teens and younger adults than families with small children. Too bad none of us have crystals balls to use to look into the future.
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: