Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #31
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnerk View Post
We went to WWOHP yesterday and had a blast. I was not expecting to be able to ride as I am 6'1" and 275, but I figured I would give it a shot. I was able to get 2 clicks on my own and the TM pressed to get the third.

There is hope fellow Shrek's...
Right on!

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #32
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Does anyone know what the biggest butt size to fit is? Most of my weight is in the stomach, butt, and thighs. I fit on the Sum of all Thrills at Epcot, but it was a tight fit for the butt.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #33
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chataro View Post
Just got back from IOA and ended up with a great surprise. I'm 6'3" and go about 265 right now. I'm just a big sized guy that wears a 42-44 waist and 2x tall shirts. Well after reading all the doom and gloom, I truly expected not to be able to ride FJ. DW and me beelined to the test seats outside, and just as I expected, RED Light of death. TM even came up to check and they confirmed my doom. Well, wanted to let DW ride, plus see the inside of castle, so we headed to single rider line.

3 min. later, we approached the inside test seats and the TM asked me if I rode it before and I said "no and I also already received my fate outside". He though told me to have a seat and lets make sure. THREE clicks later, I was good to go!!!!

2 min. later, DW and I lucked out and got to ride the same car. Incredible ride!!! Best part of the whole thing was that when we left the castle, I decided to go to the TM outside and let her know that I made it. She was happy for me and then asked if we did the single rider line and we said yes. She then asked if we would like a tour of the castle to see the rooms we missed. We said "Nah". . . .I mean who would want that???? Just kidding. We loved going through it on our own little personal tour. Emails will be written for this wonderful TM. Made our day.

So the moral of the story is. . . Red light outside doesn't mean you're dead. Don't give up hope until you test the inside "official" seats. I'm glad the TM encouraged me to do it or I would have missed out on the NEW best ride in Orlando.
This gives me hope for DS. I hope he makes it...I'm not sure he'd deal well with being turned away
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #34
EEyorelover22

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnerk View Post
We went to WWOHP yesterday and had a blast. I was not expecting to be able to ride as I am 6'1" and 275, but I figured I would give it a shot. I was able to get 2 clicks on my own and the TM pressed to get the third.

There is hope fellow Shrek's...
Any tips on fitting better? DS is a big dude.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #35
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

I've

Last edited by Lewisc; 06-30-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #36
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
I've read that anyone with a chest under 50" (maybe 52") should fit.
I hate to get to personal here but this is for men, right? And do men measure chest the same way that women measure, tape measure under the arm at the fullest part? I am more concerned with my hips and tummy. My extra weight is mostly there and I wonder what is the cut off measurement for the hip and tummy.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #37
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
I hate to get to personal here but this is for men, right? And do men measure chest the same way that women measure, tape measure under the arm at the fullest part? I am more concerned with my hips and tummy. My extra weight is mostly there and I wonder what is the cut off measurement for the hip and tummy.
You .

Old 06-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #38
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You won't be allowed to ride if the restraint won't fit (three click rule?). Size of your chest is the issue. I don't think the team member will notice (or care) if your hip and tummy go a little over your space.
Except that the harness presses on your lower stomach and thighs/hips, which will also stop the harness.
OrlandoUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #39
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoUnited View Post
Except that the harness presses on your lower stomach and thighs/hips, which will also stop the harness.
My tactic, in addition to trying to lose weight before the trip, will then be to try and sit up straiter than normal, suck in my tummy and press my rear back into the seat. I'm only 5'5'' so I should have plenty of room to get tall. Kind of like spreading my extra weight over a bigger area. I won't be there until the end of July but will post my details and let everyone know if it works.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #40
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:

You .

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #41
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can suck in your stomach. It looks like people who weight under 250 are OK. People who weigh 250-300 may have an issue depending on how their weight is distributed.
I'm guessing you have yet to go on these seats, or had no problems at all fitting in them. My stomach barely touches the harness. The harness can get around my chest, but then it hits my legs.
OrlandoUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #42
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandounited View Post
i'm guessing you have yet to go on these seats, or had no problems at all fitting in them. My stomach barely touches the harness. The harness can get around my chest, but then it hits my legs.

i

Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #43
EEyorelover22

Quote:
I'm guessing you have yet to go on these seats, or had no problems at all fitting in them. My stomach barely touches the harness. The harness can get around my chest, but then it hits my legs.
sorry...I've lost track...were you able to ride? I am worried about my son. That would be a major bummer.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #44
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Quote:
I have no problems fitting. I've read the chest issue is what gives most people an issue. Sounds like that's not the case for everyone.

Would you agree people weighing under 250 shouldn't have a problem and people weighing over 300 won't generally fit?
I don't know that you can even put a generalized weight on it. This one is all about proportion. I am a big chested woman, but the harness didn't even touch my chest. For me it was my thighs that stopped the harness. I'm under 250, but without the TM's help I would not have been able to ride. It is just an odd fitting harness and seat.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 AM   #45
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
I have no problems fitting. I've read the chest issue is what gives most people an issue. Sounds like that's not the case for everyone.

Would you agree people weighing under 250 shouldn't have a problem and people weighing over 300 won't generally fit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
I don't know that you can even put a generalized weight on it. This one is all about proportion. I am a big chested woman, but the harness didn't even touch my chest. For me it was my thighs that stopped the harness. I'm under 250, but without the TM's help I would not have been able to ride. It is just an odd fitting harness and seat.
I remember reading on one of these threads where one woman said she was a size 14, so well below even 200lbs. What stopped her from riding was just her butt. She was very pear shaped with a larger rear end and big thighs. She was really suprised her rear end didn't fit in the seat part.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: