Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #151
JenGC
DIS Veteran

FE UPDATE!!

Heehe I like updates

webmiester- 41, DW Younger (that is all he would say! ), DD Peanut 3 1/2-GTY-First Dining
JenGC-Jen, Sharon (grandmother..optional), Karen (grandmother...optional), Victoria 8 will be 9 on cruise (sept 29th)-cabin #7556 Second Dining-Together seating
Lorelei528-Lori-(42 Oct. 1), DH (33)-GTY Second Dining-Together seating
AllTexan-me (Alex-42), Amy (30-something), Ali (14) and Ashleigh (12) all lodging in #6545
Blanche_Neige-Me, Marianne (30 ish), DH Dave (closer to 50 than 20 ) and our DSs Josh (10), Leo & Sam (8) # 8528-First Dining
CruiseCrasher-me(28) and DH(30)-GTY
shwarren70-me, DH, DD (7), and DS (2)
tinkerbell87512-23-GTY second dining-together seating
StarGazer99-(30 ish kind of), DH Jeff BIRTHDAY 10/1 (closer to 50 than 20 ) DD Emma will be 9 (I Like copy and paste too LOL)-cabin #6596-First Dining-Tends to be clean with deodrant and everything

First meet, at the pool at 3:00ish
Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #152
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

UGH! I'm at work today!!!!

One of the supervisors came to me on Friday and asked if I was available...I knew I had something going on, but it wasn't written in my datebook and because she was standing over me I just said...."um, yeah"

The only good thing is, I get overtime, so this $ will go right to WDW/DCL trip!

Hi Jackie and welcome aboard! Your DH and me have the same b'day!!!
We planned to be on the cruise to celebrate my day too! I'll be 43 (even though Jen has me down for 42, which you know is ok!)

It's our first cruise too! WOW! So many newbies in our group!

Jen-
I'll have to e-mail you probably tomorrow at this point...sorry!

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday, if anyone is around, I'll be lurking/posting today (because it's kind of quiet even though I'm at work!)

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #153
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Ok, so what's the best way to attach your images to the magnet paper without them tearing off etc.?
Do you really just tape them on? Is there a certain technique?

Help! I just printed out my first one (Birthday cake!) and it looks GORGEOUS! I don't want it to get ruined before we are able to get it up on our door dammit!!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #154
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Hi all!

UGH! I'm at work today!!!!

One of the supervisors came to me on Friday and asked if I was available...I knew I had something going on, but it wasn't written in my datebook and because she was standing over me I just said...."um, yeah"

The only good thing is, I get overtime, so this $ will go right to WDW/DCL trip!

Hi Jackie and welcome aboard! Your DH and me have the same b'day!!!
We planned to be on the cruise to celebrate my day too! I'll be 43 (even though Jen has me down for 42, which you know is ok!)

It's our first cruise too! WOW! So many newbies in our group!

Jen-
I'll have to e-mail you probably tomorrow at this point...sorry!

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday, if anyone is around, I'll be lurking/posting today (because it's kind of quiet even though I'm at work!)
Hey girlfriend! I have been watching my email like a hawk. NO EMAIL!!
I am sorry you have to work today. Bummer. I think my weekends are too short as it is! I dont want to work! I need to work too. I have a deadline Tuesday and somehow I dont want to work....AT WORK! So I really should make up the time, but what am I doing? I am wasting my time doing more things than I usually do! Oh well. LOL Email me tomorrow. That's fine. I am 99% sure I know what you want but just want to make sure and nail it down.

Newbies newbies! Isnt it great? I am so glad our group is growing!!

On the magnets, I dont know if it is the printer or the paper but when I run that magnetic paper through the color printer, it seems to leave black marks on a corner. That drives me insaine so I usually print it on color paper, tape it to the magnetic paper really well, and really you cant tell the difference. Plus it saves magnetic sheets because you can get it right on the edge which printing does not let you. Stupid margins! LOL

90 days left!!!! WOOHOOO!! Its so funny. In my sunday school class they keep up with the days through Facebook. They are like "so! you are flying down now. Coolness! 90 more days right?" LOL it always shocks me when they know.

Hugs to you for having to work today. I will try to lurk with you so you dont feel "alone" LOL

Jen

Oh and you ARE 42 silly!! I will update it though to say WILL BE 43!! heheh
Old 06-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #155
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Oh Wonder Oh Wonder, please take me away...

Okay everyone, is it here yet???? I need a vacation and it just seems so far away...

Well, I have one at the beach coming up in two weeks, but that is with about 25 family members, and well, at some point, that becomes not so fun of a vacation. ... What I need is this cruise that literally takes me away!

Hope you all have a good week...

Steph

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #156
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Just wanted to check in and say hope everyone had a WONDERful weekend!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #157
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
Okay everyone, is it here yet???? I need a vacation and it just seems so far away...

Well, I have one at the beach coming up in two weeks, but that is with about 25 family members, and well, at some point, that becomes not so fun of a vacation. ... What I need is this cruise that literally takes me away!

Hope you all have a good week...

Steph
Oh I know how you feel but I would love to have some beach time. I am sure I could find a little corner to hide in! LOL
Old 06-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #158
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Just wanted to check in and say hope everyone had a WONDERful weekend!
Thanks! Mine was too short....as always. I hope you have a good weekend too!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #159
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

Just got back from Ottawa for a Baseball tournament, DS took 2nd place, trying to catch up to all the new posts and emails... We are ALL very tired.

Remember when I said I was blessed (cursed) with a family of are early birds, well last night the boys went to bed all past their bedtime (10:45am). DS work up sometime before 6am got all dress in his baseball uniform and was "ready" for his game!! the game in question started at 12pm- He woke all of us up (1 hotel room) The rest of the team and their lucky parents slept t'll 9am

Needless to say they are all exhausted

His last game today started at 5pm- He was so tired he played as if he was drunk by the end he world stumbled, slured his words... He didn;t even fall asleep in the 2hr car ride back home!!

Anyways they were still all pretty good, all I kept thinking was wow maybe they will be able to stay up to see the firework during the party!

Good night all
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #160
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
Thanks! Mine was too short....as always. I hope you have a good weekend too!
Mine was too short as well. The weeks just always seem to drag and the weekends fly. Oh well each day down is a day closer to our cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
Hi everyone,

Just got back from Ottawa for a Baseball tournament, DS took 2nd place, trying to catch up to all the new posts and emails... We are ALL very tired.

Remember when I said I was blessed (cursed) with a family of are early birds, well last night the boys went to bed all past their bedtime (10:45am). DS work up sometime before 6am got all dress in his baseball uniform and was "ready" for his game!! the game in question started at 12pm- He woke all of us up (1 hotel room) The rest of the team and their lucky parents slept t'll 9am

His last game today started at 5pm- He was so tired he played as if he was drunk by the end he world stumbled, slured his words... He didn;t even fall asleep in the 2hr car ride back home!!

Anyways they were still all pretty good, all I kept thinking was wow maybe they will be able to stay up to see the firework during the party!

Good night all
Yay for your son taking second place. Congratulations!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #161
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Wink E-Mail

For anyone who may have a gmail account with google I'm at jcress22 and I tend to be on and off line throughout the day IMing... my niece gets board a work and wants to talk HEHE. It's often easier to talk this way.
StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #162
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
Hi everyone,

Good night all
YAY!! awesome on the 2nd place!!! Boooo on the no sleep. I get sick if I dont get enough sleep. Bleck I hope you guys got some sleep last night. I just dont understand how they can have games so late for kids! Poor guy

I am trying to get Victoria to sleep in but she just wont do it. She will stay up until 10 (because she was in bed at 8 and stayed up in her room until 10) and wake up at 7 and is a BEAR the next day. If she would just sleep in, she could stay up late! It's not like she has to wake up for school the next day! lol
Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #163
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
For anyone who may have a gmail account with google I'm at jcress22 and I tend to be on and off line throughout the day IMing... my niece gets board a work and wants to talk HEHE. It's often easier to talk this way.
How do you chat on there? I have an account, mainly to track my traffic on Etsy. I have no idea what my username is LOL I sign in with another email address.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #164
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Mine was too short as well. The weeks just always seem to drag and the weekends fly. Oh well each day down is a day closer to our cruise!

Yay for your son taking second place. Congratulations!
Thank you!!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #165
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
Oh and we tend to be clean... deodorant and everything.
boy I'm glad to hear that!!!

There was a thread on the DCL board a few days back saying that people on 3 night cruises were "less classy". Some of us were not sure what they meant as "less classy" but smell did come up...
March 2014 - DCL Dream

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: