Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
big jack 2002
Mouseketeer

Photo Scavenger Hunt

I had a photo scavenger hunt for my grandchildren on our last cruise. I need some new suggestions of things they could "find" for our new cruise.
I had them find a Hero, a Villain, a Hidden Mickey, a Gift Shop Sign, a Bird, a Compass, a picture of someone taking a picture, a Porthole, an Entertainer, a Statue, a Suitcase, a Restaurant Menu, a Flag, etc. They did this on our sea day.
I had a list of 30 items. I got a list from someone who has done this before. They really had a good time looking all over the ship for them and asked if we would be doing this again on our next cruise. They were in groups of two and the winning group got to each pick out a pin from the gift shop. I don't want to use the same list or at least add some different items for them to find.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
Barbara
big jack 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
RealLifeCinderella
Earning My Ears

Can you post the entire list. So we can see what else we can come up with.
RealLifeCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
big jack 2002
Mouseketeer

the list

Hero, Villain, Hidden Mickey, Gift Shop Sign, Bird, Compass, Someone taking a picture, Porthole, Entertainer, Statue, Suitcase, Restaurant Menu, Flag, Holiday Decoration (we went over Christmas), Tree (not Christmas Tree), Princess, Record Album, Walt Disney, Musical Instrument, Buzz Lightyear, Traffic Light, Pluto, Monopoly Game, Guy on a surf board, Manhole Cover, Flower, Round Life Preserver Ring, Nana from Peter Pan, Jumping Dolphins, Mask, and a bonus: Little girl in a princess outfit getting autograph from the same princess.
This occupied them for three fourths of the day. They really enjoyed it and have asked me to come up with another one. We had a large group and I also made a Clue game......like "Aunt Beth" (I used names from our group) got hit in the head with "A Golden Mickey" in the "Spa". I used rooms on the ship and anything I could think of to be a silly weapon. I made a long story about her getting a BIG diamond ring from the Gift Shop and it got stolen. They had to figure out who did, where they did it, and how they did it. I made cards like the Clue game has, passed them out to the adults in our group. The kids had to ask the adults if they had one of the cards, mark their paper, and figure out everything. This was for another sea day. I still have these cards. I just have to make up another story for this game. It is the scavenger game that I have to come up with some new things for them to photograph!!
Any help would be very appreciated!
Barbara
big jack 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jack 2002 View Post
Hero, Villain, Hidden Mickey, Gift Shop Sign, Bird, Compass, Someone taking a picture, Porthole, Entertainer, Statue, Suitcase, Restaurant Menu, Flag, Holiday Decoration (we went over Christmas), Tree (not Christmas Tree), Princess, Record Album, Walt Disney, Musical Instrument, Buzz Lightyear, Traffic Light, Pluto, Monopoly Game, Guy on a surf board, Manhole Cover, Flower, Round Life Preserver Ring, Nana from Peter Pan, Jumping Dolphins, Mask, and a bonus: Little girl in a princess outfit getting autograph from the same princess.
This occupied them for three fourths of the day. They really enjoyed it and have asked me to come up with another one. We had a large group and I also made a Clue game......like "Aunt Beth" (I used names from our group) got hit in the head with "A Golden Mickey" in the "Spa". I used rooms on the ship and anything I could think of to be a silly weapon. I made a long story about her getting a BIG diamond ring from the Gift Shop and it got stolen. They had to figure out who did, where they did it, and how they did it. I made cards like the Clue game has, passed them out to the adults in our group. The kids had to ask the adults if they had one of the cards, mark their paper, and figure out everything. This was for another sea day. I still have these cards. I just have to make up another story for this game. It is the scavenger game that I have to come up with some new things for them to photograph!!
Any help would be very appreciated!
Barbara
What fun ideas very clever and creative, what an awesome Grandmother you must be

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Alexis Green
Mouseketeer

I thought of just a few!

1. Someone wearing Mickey ears
2. A cast member named _____
3. Pair of Disney crocs
4. A princess
5. Picture made out of food (watermelon)
6. Cloud shaped like a character
7. Photo of Walt
8. Cruise wheel
Alexis Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
owensamo
DIS Veteran

I was thinking about doing this with my DD on our next cruise! But I was going to try to come up with some physical items that could be "found" as well - some real oddball stuff that could be worth more points. Things like:

Mickey-head confetti (tossed during Til We Meet Again in the Atrium, it's sometimes locatable during the next cruise)
Paper napkin (which are hard to come by!)
Ice Cream Cone (we got some in our fish extender last trip - *sooo* much a good idea that we're bringing our own on our next cruise!)

But I'm still trying to come up with it in my head.

For photos, how about:
The Captain (I've seen him in random places about the ship on Sea days)
The Cruise Director
DVC hat (that should be easy, since they pass them out to members)
Castaway Club bag (again, easy-peasy)
Silver CC lanyard
Gold CC lanyard
Platinum CC lanyard
Mickey Bar (Yum!)
Mickey in non-standard colors
Fireworks

You can also add ship-specific stuff - like in Wavebands, there are pictures of circuit boards in the railings. There's a Stoplight outside of the bathrooms on Route 66. If using the list for adults as well, you could add the bookcase of lending books in Cove Cafe (Library?) or on the Wonder, something specific to the Outlook Cafe or Vista Spa/Health Club (Elliptical Machine, Free weight, Yoga mat?). For the Dream, maybe check some artist renditions for things specific to different areas and add those?

Wow. I've been really inspired - I now have a list of 50+ to use!
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

How about having the kids in the photo doing something- ie filling a soda glass, in the pool, salut(e)ing and officer it might take them a little longer. (an old favorite is finding friends to spell out Mickey ala YMCA style)

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Bookwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: