Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #766
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Just booked for September!!!

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #767
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

HELP! My son and I just booked a Suite at All Star Music Resort, we always stay at the POP and decided to change things up, can anyone please tell me what building should I request. I am a single parent and I am looking for the buliding closest to the bus pick up and the buliding that will have the shortest walk to my car. oh and the building that is away from the pool,we dont use the pool and dont care to hear the noise from it.When we stay at the POP we always stay in the rubix cube building facing the parking lot.Any help would be nice, If anyone would like to tell me the major differences staying at the All Star Movie resort verses the POP I would love to hear any information or advice! Thanks Kimberly & Evan

Last edited by Evan&Kimberly; 06-24-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: changend 2 Music
Evan&Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #768
kifuller4
Mouseketeer

All of the family suites are in the All Star Music, not All Star Movies. With that being said, the suites are in the Jazz and Clypso buildings which are the "preferred" buidlings. I believe Clypso is the closest to Melody Hall and the bus stop.
I can't tell you any differences between ASMu and POP as I have never stayed at either hotel... yet! Staying in a suite in August and I can't wait!

Me DH DD(9) DD(8)
kifuller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #769
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan&Kimberly View Post
HELP! My son and I just booked a Suite at All Star Music Resort, we always stay at the POP and decided to change things up, can anyone please tell me what building should I request. I am a single parent and I am looking for the buliding closest to the bus pick up and the buliding that will have the shortest walk to my car. oh and the building that is away from the pool,we dont use the pool and dont care to hear the noise from it.When we stay at the POP we always stay in the rubix cube building facing the parking lot.Any help would be nice, If anyone would like to tell me the major differences staying at the All Star Movie resort verses the POP I would love to hear any information or advice! Thanks Kimberly & Evan
I can't help with a comparison of ASMusic and POP, but maybe I can help with location in ASMusic.

First, here is a map. Family Suites are in the Calypso buildings and the Jazz buildings. Bus stops are in front of Melody Hall.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmusicmap.htm

When you request, make your most important request first. Calypso buildings would seem to fit your needs, but you may get a pool view that you don't want. If you really don't want any chance of a pool view, request the Jazz buildings. I didn't think that the Jazz buildings are that far from the bus stops, but we haven't stayed in Jazz. If your room was on a Jazz building side facing building 8 or 3, I could see how you might feel far from the bus stop.

If not having a pool view is more important that being in the Calypso buildings, your request would read "no pool view, Calypso buildings".

If being in a Calypso building is more important, your request would read "Calypso building, no pool view". (This was my request on our last trip, and we did get a Family Suite in Calypso overlooking the pool. Next time, I'll go back to the front desk and see if they can find another room!).

As you can see from the map, parking lot access is good with Jazz or Calypso.

Have a great trip!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #770
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

thanks!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #771
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

I may have missed it, but can anyone what type of soap/shampoo the suites have? I'm taking my niece and nephew and need to know if I should plan on bringing a bar of Mickey soap from my last trip.

I know some values have/had pump dispensers for the shampoo or soap. We were at Pop last year and they were small bottles and single bars there.

TIA!
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #772
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
I may have missed it, but can anyone what type of soap/shampoo the suites have? I'm taking my niece and nephew and need to know if I should plan on bringing a bar of Mickey soap from my last trip.

I know some values have/had pump dispensers for the shampoo or soap. We were at Pop last year and they were small bottles and single bars there.

TIA!
Same as Pop. None of values have dispensers any more.
lovesdumbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #773
jeanylaser

thanks for the info!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #774
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the quick answer about the soaps. One less thing I have to plan for my niece and nephew's surprise trip.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #775
jeanylaser

I can't wait to stay in the Family Suites at ASMU!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #776
DeeCoop
Earning My Ears

Thanks to all, especially Linda, for all the great information. Our first ever Disney vacation is only a month away. Our original reservation was at POR but we switched to ASMu family suites a few months ago. I have no questions or concerns because of guys like you willing to share your experiences. Just wanted to pass along a huge hug and *Thanks* from a very grateful newbie.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #777
kifuller4
Mouseketeer

2 more days until I start my stay in the ASMu FS!!!! I just can't wait!!!

Me DH DD(9) DD(8)
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #778
williamson_ja
DIS Veteran

This is such a fun thread. We're staying at the suites for the first time next month. I am so excited! The pictures are wonderful. I can't decide if I would rather stay in Calypso or Jazz. It would be great to be close to everything, but I don't want to be kept up late with all the noise either. Are the upper floors in Calypso loud, too?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #779
pegryfun
Mouseketeer

We stayed in building 1 Calypso last Sept. We were in a perferred room (not a suite) on the 3rd floor facing the pool. I did not think it was noisy. If you had the door open, maybe you could hear everything. I found facing the pool was just fine. I enjoy seeing everyone having fun. You could almost see the movie screen at night.

POP Century Oct. 2007
ASMU Sept. 2008 (free dining)
ASMU Sept. 2009 (free dining)

]
pegryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #780
kifuller4
Mouseketeer

Just got back from our stay in room 412 - Calypso building 10. It was the handicap accessible room.... set up a bit differently as far as the kitchenette and one bathroom. It ROCKED! I would stay there again! We were in the back away from the pool. If you looked out the windows, all you saw was foilage. I would recommend this place to anyone with kids!

Me DH DD(9) DD(8)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: