Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #16
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Hi Firefly! How are you doing? I've been following your PTR; now that you aren't stopping by the Land of LTP so much..

Welcome to my "might not be going" PTR. I'm seriously amused at how many legs this PTR can grow even if I'm still not going at this stage.

I don't know if DH would want to go to MNSHHP; it's just not his thing (the candy is....but not the rest of it ).

Anyway, we'll just have to see. Now, if the F&W schedule comes out and there is a killer event that I want to attend...well, that could sway my decision a little bit!
I try to stop by, but I forget sometimes

Hey, my PTR's taken on a lot of changes It happens I love Halloween, and MNSSHP is actually my favorite of the parties and has my favorite of any of Disney's parades.

I've never actually been to Epcot during the F&W festival. The last time I was down for a program, I barely went to Epcot. I've heard it's a fantastic thing, though, and I want to go at some point. Maybe we can fit it in next year on our MNSSHP trip

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #17
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I try to stop by, but I forget sometimes

Hey, my PTR's taken on a lot of changes It happens I love Halloween, and MNSSHP is actually my favorite of the parties and has my favorite of any of Disney's parades.

I've never actually been to Epcot during the F&W festival. The last time I was down for a program, I barely went to Epcot. I've heard it's a fantastic thing, though, and I want to go at some point. Maybe we can fit it in next year on our MNSSHP trip
We seem to be stalking each other tonight .

It would be great if you could fit in both for your trip next year! But surely you went to F&W when you were working as a CM???

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
We seem to be stalking each other tonight .

It would be great if you could fit in both for your trip next year! But surely you went to F&W when you were working as a CM???
It happens

We may have to extend the trip a day or two, because we both love food, so I think that as long as it fits in with a party date, well have to hit it up I actually never made it to F&W when I was a CM. I was broke at the time during my second time down there, since my hours had gotten severely cut and I was just trying to make the rent. The other time I was there around the F&W festival, I didn't go, but I don't remember why, it was six years ago

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #19
manntra
DIS Veteran

Like your new ticker
I am thinking of going to MNSSHP on Tuesday the 26th. My friend from DC is going to meet me for most of the days too....she hasn't been in forever and has not had a professional guide either
I plan on spending a lot of time in Epcot....so we should plan to not meet and not walk around eating/drinking any of the many wonderful selections Last year was the first F&W I went to and now I know more of what to expect....being lots of good food and wine

Tracy
Old 06-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Like your new ticker
I am thinking of going to MNSSHP on Tuesday the 26th. My friend from DC is going to meet me for most of the days too....she hasn't been in forever and has not had a professional guide either
I plan on spending a lot of time in Epcot....so we should plan to not meet and not walk around eating/drinking any of the many wonderful selections Last year was the first F&W I went to and now I know more of what to expect....being lots of good food and wine

Tracy
Tracy - I like your ticker too. You'll be celebrating your birthday there....I'll have to not go shopping for an Australiana birthday present

This sounds like a good 'not to meet' plan to me. What's your recommendation for "not" going to F&W? Do you book ADRs...do you do any of the special events...or do you just snack and imbibe your way round Epcot?

It sounds like Tuesday 26 might be a good night not to see MNSSHP...

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 06-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #21
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Wow! Either way, I enjoy reading what you are(n't) planning!

Bobbi
Old 06-22-2010, 04:48 AM   #22
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Wow! Either way, I enjoy reading what you are(n't) planning!

Bobbi
Hi Bobbi! Welcome to my "I'm not going" PTR..

Hope you stick around. I'm curious to know what the outcome is myself...

Old 06-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #23
PrincessInOz
in

One step back, Two Steps forward....

Has anyone else noticed that there is no point nagging DH's or should I say partners in general?

In the long time that DH and I have been together as a couple (axe murderers qualify for parole and get time off for good behaviour . Seriously, I'm always amazed at how quickly the time has gone because I really think that my DH is a prince! ), I've learnt a few things.

1. Always listen first before opening my mouth (if you really knew me, you'd understand that this probably took me about 50 lifetimes to learn)
2. Never tell DH that he's wrong (far better to say that "the other view point to look at this is...")
3. Do not NAG! (I will admit that I haven't truly learnt this one ... yet .... in this lifetime).

I planted the seed in DH's mind to check with his manager about possibly stopping in the office for 2 days on the way home. Sadly, there is no update on this front because he hasn't mentioned it to his manager yet.

Ah well....I'm going to have to see if I can find "another view point to look at this".

The good news is that we were having dinner with some of my family tonight and coincidentally they were talking about Harry Potter World at Universal.
DH casually mentioned that he had been thinking about taking some leave to see if he could go and visit HPW in October.

I think I can safely leave well alone on this point...I suspect that DH will be wondering whether it is worth taking an extra day to head out to Universal. The equation might well be travel 2 days to spend 4 days in Orlando...hmmm.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #24
manntra
DIS Veteran

I like to sample a lot of the foods from the kiosks in Epcot during F&W....I do however have an ADR set in stone at Le Cellier I also have an ADR at Brown Derby but I don't think I will keep that....I know a lot of people love it there and to me it is good but not great. I am thinking of adding a lunch or dinner for Les Chefs...have never been there. I have a friend that will be joining me....she lives in Washington DC and it worked out good because I have a quick stop in DC on my way to MCO and so she was able to get on the same flight
My birthday is actually in September but since it is my....I can't really say this my 40th then she said we need to celebrate
Your "plans" are coming along wonderfully

Tracy
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #25
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

I'm sure you are far more on top of it than me...but this is the first 'schedule' I've seen about F&W

Quote:
(June 22, 2010) They span four decades of popularity. Collectively, they’ve thrilled music lovers with everything from Pop, Techno and Adult Contemporary to Southern Rock, Progressive Rock and Pop Rock. But they have one thing in common: They are seven acts playing the Eat to the Beat! concert series for the first time during the 15th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Oct. 1-Nov. 14 at Walt Disney World Resort.
Appearing for the first time on the Eat to the Beat! stage are:
Sugar Ray (Oct. 6-8) “Fly”
Air Supply (Oct. 11-12) “Lost in Love”
Howard Jones (Oct. 16-17) “No One Is to Blame”
38 Special (Oct. 20-21) “Hold on Loosely”
Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp (Nov. 4-5) “Give a Little Bit”
Hanson (Nov. 8-9) “Thinking ‘Bout Somethin’”
Rick Springfield (Nov. 10-11) “Jessie’s Girl”

They are part of an 18-performer concert series that will bring music to Epcot each evening of the Food & Wine Festival. Concerts are included with Epcot admission.
-- Posted June 22, 2010
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10038880.asp
Looks like you don't really need to nag so much..... ...this seem to be coming together nicely!!

I wish I could go...the items on my ticker it seems will not be happening...
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #26
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I like to sample a lot of the foods from the kiosks in Epcot during F&W....I do however have an ADR set in stone at Le Cellier I also have an ADR at Brown Derby but I don't think I will keep that....I know a lot of people love it there and to me it is good but not great. I am thinking of adding a lunch or dinner for Les Chefs...have never been there. I have a friend that will be joining me....she lives in Washington DC and it worked out good because I have a quick stop in DC on my way to MCO and so she was able to get on the same flight
My birthday is actually in September but since it is my....I can't really say this my 40th then she said we need to celebrate
Your "plans" are coming along wonderfully

Tracy
Ooh! A milestone birthday! 40 isn't old....Your friend is absolutely right! You need to celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
I'm sure you are far more on top of it than me...but this is the first 'schedule' I've seen about F&W

Looks like you don't really need to nag so much..... ...this seem to be coming together nicely!!

I wish I could go...the items on my ticker it seems will not be happening...
Thanks for the 'schedule'...but what about the FOOD events???? Really - the organizer must have some sort of weird priority!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #27
PrincessInOz
in

Step 3. 'Keeping up' with the Dis-ers going in October

(Not) planning a trip to WDW can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

In my case, I have the natural tendencies of an Obsessive Compulsive Planner; so I tend to want to (not) plan everything down to the nth degree. I am sure that I could buy a whole new compendium and/or (not) start to DRAFT Project Plan with at least 1000 tasks.

As you can see from my signature, this is not my first trip to Disney. And I am, if nothing else, a quick learner.

I have long learnt that the best way to plan a WDW trip is to subscribe to other Dis-er threads going about the same time as you. That way, when anyone starts a task, it acts as a trigger for you to start that task yourself.

So, for the last week or so, I've been lurking about the PTR sub-forum and checking out who's going when and where! And I've subbed into about 4 or 5 other October travellers threads. They are, of course, heaps more advanced than me in their travel plans:
  • Package booked
  • ADRs locked in
  • Travel plan all sorted
  • Top 'must do' lists collated

I am doing my best (not) not to panic. I must remember to book myself in for some therapy...this may help!

Afterall, I am still NOT going to the World (yet)....For now, I'll enjoy following their plans and cheer from the sidelines!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #28
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Don't be too overwhelmed by some of us who have things already planned out for our October trips. I can only speak for myself, but it's really much less about being a good planner than it is about being really excited to go back to Disney, haha.

For the Food and Wine festival, if you want to book something prior to arriving you do have to pay upfront. Many of the seminars (and some of the demonstrations) you will be able to book online on July 20. There are other special events that can only be booked by phone. Last year was my first trip during the Festival, and I booked one seminar for my DH, and other than that we just explored the booths and other things that did not need any special booking. I won't really decide on what I want to do this year until the schedule comes out and I know exactly what will be going on while I'm there.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #29
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I'm here!

Don't be too overwhelmed by some of us who have things already planned out for our October trips. I can only speak for myself, but it's really much less about being a good planner than it is about being really excited to go back to Disney, haha.

For the Food and Wine festival, if you want to book something prior to arriving you do have to pay upfront. Many of the seminars (and some of the demonstrations) you will be able to book online on July 20. There are other special events that can only be booked by phone. Last year was my first trip during the Festival, and I booked one seminar for my DH, and other than that we just explored the booths and other things that did not need any special booking. I won't really decide on what I want to do this year until the schedule comes out and I know exactly what will be going on while I'm there.
to my "might (not)" be going PTR. Thanks for subbing in!

To be honest, I've just come back from 10 days at WDW and have already spent the first 4 months of the year PLANNING with the other May Dis-ers! I really didn't think I'd have the opportunity to (not) head back so soon . I love the anticipation of a trip and planning one! I really am OC when it comes to planning trips.

Thanks for the tip about the prepayment for the F&W festival. Given when my plans are and given that bookings will open on July 20, I think I might have to decide to just visit the booths and not worry about locking into any of the special events. I reckon it may be the end of August before I know for certain whether I'm going (or not)....

Unless, of course, a certain person decides that she will meet me at the World...timeframe for her decision is within the next month of so. If she decides to go, then there will be an update to my PTR header .

Old 06-27-2010, 04:29 AM   #30
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Unless, of course, a certain person decides that she will meet me at the World...timeframe for her decision is within the next month of so. If she decides to go, then there will be an update to my PTR header .
You forgot my I'm gonna keep playing with airfares and such to see if I can find something cheap, but as of right now, it's still up in the air. I'll let you know as soon as I decide

Me DF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: