Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #301
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sritter78 View Post
I just got back on Wednesday. DS is almost 15 months and nursed throughout the world. Examples: Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth, Carousel of Progress, TTA, Maelstrom, Indiana Jones, etc. I wore a tank top underneath my shirt (to cover the belly while nursing) and would just lift the outside shirt and pull down the tank top.

I did utilize the baby center at MK, HS, and Epcot. I love the one at MK. There was only one time that another mother was in there nursing (where as last year the room was always full). I was not happy one day when I went in and there was an entire extended family eating there lunch in the TV room at MK. There was not room in there for a family that would need access to the high chairs, etc. I also was not happy one of the times at HS. The nursing "room" is just a space blocked off by a curtain. There were 2 men and a child waiting for the mom to finish nursing watching TV. However, they were talking extremely loud and it was too distracting for my little guy and he wouldn't stay latched on because he kept hearing them. I also nursed DS in the bathroom at Camp Minnie/Mickey at AK. We were too far from the baby center and he was hungry. It was really hot outside and the bathroom was much cooler and had a bench inside it.

I did not use the Ergo like I thought I would. It was too hot to carry him around.

One suggestion--buy clip on fans from CVS (they are WONDERFUL). I clipped 2 of these to the top of DS's stroller and he NEVER got hot (while the rest of us were drenched in sweat).
Thanks for the report! Very helpful.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #302
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Those of you who use baby carriers, have you used then from birth? I have a hand me down Baby Bjorn and my ds likes it, but he is 20 lbs and he gets really heavy fast. I am thinking about looking into something for our October trip, but I son't know if he will want to be in it at a year old. Any thoughts?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #303
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&beast View Post
Those of you who use baby carriers, have you used then from birth? I have a hand me down Baby Bjorn and my ds likes it, but he is 20 lbs and he gets really heavy fast. I am thinking about looking into something for our October trip, but I son't know if he will want to be in it at a year old. Any thoughts?
My daughter is going on 22 pounds, and I still carry her in our Ergo. I'm planning to by a moby wrap, or something similar, that is cooler for summer. (Our Ergo is black.) I have chatted online with many moms who carry well into toddlerhood, and I know one mom in real life who sometimes carries her 4 year old in their Ergo when they go hiking and little one gets tired.

I have found that switching to back carry for the Ergo is nice when they get heavier.
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #304
december
DIS Veteran

Katie was just a tad over 20 lbs at her 1 yr check up, the day after we got back from WDW. She had only been in the carrier a couple of times before the trip-once I tried it while cleaning, and once on a shopping trip. She loved it at WDW. She wanted to be close to me most of the time.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #305
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&beast View Post
If he likes it now and you carry him from now until then, he will still love it. I carried my 2 year old all the time until late in my pregnancy and when the new baby came and the slings came back out he ALWAYS asked for a ride. Even now at 2 1/2 he always asks for a ride when I take out a carrier. Order an Ergo from here http://www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com/. That way you can try it for 90 days and if he doesn't like to be carried still you can return it.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #306
rparmfamily
In paradise

I think a Moby would be way hotter than an Ergo. I have both and the Moby is like wearing a light sweater (plus the baby), whereas the Ergo is like wearing a backpack. (a regular kind of backpack.)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #307
Ariel8676
DIS Veteran

I would suggest a Mei Tei http://babyhawk.com/ or a ring sling http://www.sleepingbaby.net/index.php (great for quick up and down and carrying on your hip)
An Ergo or Kanga X or Xt would be great too (taller than the Ergo) http://www.bloo-kangaroo.com/
I wouldn't suggest a Moby for the summer or for a heavier baby Thhis would be a good option though http://www.gypsymama.com/shop/breeze.htm
Also check out http://thebabywearer.com/ there is a for sale or trade board there where you may find a good gently used carrier for less
Ariel8676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #308
sritter78
Mouseketeer

I have a Moby and a ring sling that I am posting on craigslist. I LOVED my ring sling when DS was smaller. It is made from Solarveil so it protects from the sun.

2003~Off-site
2006~Off-site---DD's 1st Trip
2008~AKL/Poly
2009~Contemporary---DS's 1st Trip
2010~AKL/Saratoga Springs
2011~Off-Site-Surprise Trip
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
2013-Saratoga Springs
sritter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #309
Ariel8676
DIS Veteran

OOHH i LOVE solarveil ring slings..i have one for the summer, and for going in the pool. They are great for holding your LO close in the poll and they dry so quick!
Ariel8676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #310
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Darn it, If I knew you were posting a solarveil sling on cragislist, I would have bought it from you and paid you to mail it to me! It would have been super awesome on our trip. I'm sure you will find some other appreciative mom to buy the sling, they are hard to find!

Well we are off tomorrow to breastfeed around the world! Any thing you want to to try out or investigate while on the trip, just let me know and I'll do my best. With the sticky heat and humidity, I think I'll be sticking to breadfeeding on rides and in AC, but we'll see how the trip goes!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #311
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Darn it, If I knew you were posting a solarveil sling on cragislist, I would have bought it from you and paid you to mail it to me! It would have been super awesome on our trip. I'm sure you will find some other appreciative mom to buy the sling, they are hard to find!

Well we are off tomorrow to breastfeed around the world! Any thing you want to to try out or investigate while on the trip, just let me know and I'll do my best. With the sticky heat and humidity, I think I'll be sticking to breadfeeding on rides and in AC, but we'll see how the trip goes!
Can't wait to hear all the details!! Have a great time!
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #312
candielips
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would share this as it is quite funny. It is a reply back to a post Kim Kardashian made on Twitter.
http://codenamemama.com/2010/06/19/k...l-to-cover-up/
Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #313
CaptainObvious
Mouseketeer

I'd love to join in!

My first son was BF for 16 months and nursed at Disney umpteen times.
We just welcomed a daughter on March 12 and of course she will be too.

I BF in public and uncovered, especially in the FL heat.

I wear my babies in a mei tei and am an all around hippie
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #314
sritter78
Mouseketeer

My DS is 15 months and is extremely attached to nursing! I would like to try weaning him before school starts back up in Aug. and I have to go back to work. Any genius ideas out there to wean a very addicted toddler?

2003~Off-site
2006~Off-site---DD's 1st Trip
2008~AKL/Poly
2009~Contemporary---DS's 1st Trip
2010~AKL/Saratoga Springs
2011~Off-Site-Surprise Trip
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
2013-Saratoga Springs
sritter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #315
rparmfamily
In paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sritter78 View Post
My DS is 15 months and is extremely attached to nursing! I would like to try weaning him before school starts back up in Aug. and I have to go back to work. Any genius ideas out there to wean a very addicted toddler?
What I started doing to slowly wean my almost 2 yr old was what I called "don't offer, don't refuse" LOL.

Basically if he asked to nurse (say we are just sitting watching TV) then I'd get up and ask if he wanted some juice or a snack, and then make him something (sippy and goldfish,etc)...like 97% of the time that worked. That really helped cut out the non-essential nursings. Then we pretty much got down to nap, first thing in the morning, and bedtime. This was over about 6 months...so I got down to about 3 times a day I guess. Eventually DH started putting him to bed, that cut out one, and eventually I cut the nap one out. I think because it was over like 6-8 months time he didn't really get upset. He wanted me at night for a little while but DH was able to comfort him back to sleep,etc.

Now if he really wanted to nurse (was upset) I'd let him. I didn't want to make it into a fight, and there is so much more to nursing than just milk, as you probably know.

Good luck!

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: