Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Jerod & Rebecca's Fairytale Wisconsin Wedding 9/22/12

So I have finally decided to start my own PJ. I have been reading everyone's and have decided to bite the bullet and start my own. I think this will help me keep my ideas in check and get some feedback from all of you disboarders. All feedback is welcome!!

Jerod and I met at a mutual friend's Fourth of July party in 2002. We started talking everyday after that point and would spend all of our spare time together. At the time we met I lived in Arizona but was in Wisconsin visiting friends for the summer. I was supposed to go back to Arizona at the end of August.

When the end of August came I knew I couldn't go back. He was driving me to the airport and I was crying and saying you may as well turn around because I can't get on the plane. He doesn't like to see me cry so always tries to do anything to make me smile. He asked why I was so upset and I told him that I wouldn't have a chance to say good bye to my family. So in the spur of the moment he asked do you want to drive to Arizona to say good bye to your family? I said of course. So Jerod and I drove to and from Arizona in 4 days. The trip is a 29 hour drive one way. Needless to say since that day he has been one of the family.

I am a definite Disney fanatic and even have a whole room in my house dedicated to Disney. The walls are even painted the color of Pluto. I always wanted to have a Disney wedding but unfortunately it isn't in our budget. So I am determined to have a Cinderella themed dream wedding here in Wisconsin.

Engagement story to come in the next post!!

My Dream Disney Wedding in Wisconsin PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post37093756
pixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Welcome you are a very sweet couple!!
Happy planning

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and welcome! That is a really sweet story that you told, it sounds like you two are going to have a long, happy life together!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
Aurora2012
Earning My Ears

Congrats and welcome to Disboards.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
rachy
Mouseketeer

You make a lovely couple. Can't wait to read more.

Rachel
x

rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!!!

So on to the proposal......
Jerod and I aren't the most romantic couple usually when Jerod tries to be romantic something goes wrong so that is just us. The proposal was no different....

We had been planning a trip to Disney World for a year and a half. It was my first trip to Disney World. He had been hinting around about proposing so I kind of thought it might happen but wasn't positive. We go on our trip and I am super excited to see everything!! We had a number of mishaps at home while we were gone. First one of our dogs passed away my little princess Molly. This happened on the first day of vacation. Then a few days later our pipes in the upstairs part of our house burst and water was pouring into the downstairs. Luckily Jerod's mom was here to stop a catastrophe. Needless to say this was NOT the vacation of our dreams.

On our last weekend in Disney World we were a part of the D23 Magic and Merriment event and were lucky enought to get a tour of the Cinderella Suite. Jerod was going to propose in the suite but I had been upset the whole day over Molly and had been crying on and off all day. He didn't feel it was the right time.

On our last day we were at the resort in the smoking section(yes we both have that nasty habit) and I was starting to get upset about going home and facing the music of Molly not being around. All of a sudden he down on one knee and said that he couldn't see spending the rest of his life without me. The flood gates opened and I just started to cry and of course I said YES!!! After it happened he started yelling just engaged over here for everyone to hear. A really sweet woman who worked at the resort came over to congratulate us and got us the Just Engaged pins.

It wasn't the most romantic proposal but it was totally us and I love him more for taking a terrible day and turning it into something better!!

I will post a picture of my engagement ring as soon as I get a good one. It is really special because he had it custom made with diamonds from his late grandmother's wedding band. The center stone is a 0.85 carat with two 0.25 carat diamond on the sides(these are the diamonds that came from his grandma's ring) in platinum. I love it!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I disagree with you and think it was a very romantic, sweet and thoughtful proposal!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

So I finally have a sorta good picture of my ring... Here it is....

It isn't the best picture but you get the idea....

Next post I will tell you about the castle like place we found to have our wedding at!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a good fourth!!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Originally we had planned to get married in Disney World but unfortunately due the economy DF was laid off from work and now a Disney wedding just isn't in our budget. I am really bummed but I have already decided I will do a VR there one day. So I have decided to make my wedding as fairytale as I can here in Wisconsin. I found a place that reminds of a castle which is at the Masonic Lodge. We are having our ceremony and reception there and have access to the whole mansion the day of the wedding. Here is a picture of the outside....

Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Wow that Wisconsin location looks beautiful. I am sorry that a Disney wedding isn't in your budget right now, but you guys have each other and that is what is important (as you said). I wish you both the best, and I hope that you get to have a fairy tale event at Disney some day!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Bummer about the Disney wedding. The lodge looks beautiful though! Definitely a good choice!

I love your ring. So pretty, and with such a great story being from your grandma's ring and all.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Great start!! Can't wait to hear more!!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #13
Groom Mickey
Mouseketeer

Your plans sound great and keep plugging away at those STD's do not give up like I did . Looking forward to reading more.
Groom Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
Bummer about the Disney wedding. The lodge looks beautiful though! Definitely a good choice!

I love your ring. So pretty, and with such a great story being from your grandma's ring and all.
Thanks!! It is a bummer but at least we have each other and one day I will have a VR at Disney World!!! I love my ring he did good!!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #15
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groom Mickey View Post
Your plans sound great and keep plugging away at those STD's do not give up like I did . Looking forward to reading more.
I haven't given up quite yet so there is still hope!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: