Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #991
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
I think I'd go with your gut...especially if you're not sure if Lillian will stay up that late. We only went to Fantasmic once, but there was no trouble with lines and such. I know they have fewer shows now, but it will be alright. There's nothing like being unsatisfied with a meal when you're at a restaurant!
Thanks Christa! I am big believer in gut feelings, so H&V is out. I could not picture us paying the price had we had to pay OOP, so I think it is a good indication that the meal credit should be used elsewhere.

DH just is humoring me at the moment. I am working on some changes to our schedule now.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #992
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I'm going september as well
to my PTR! What are your dates? Hopefully I will get a chance to pop over to your PTR too.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #993
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Less than 3 months!!!
Thanks Wendy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
Yay!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #994
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I'm in the same decision boat whether or not we want to do the CLP dinner package for the seating bonus but then give up precious touring time to do it...

first off it's not guarented (msp?) seating...it's more of a reserved section...you still have to arrive early and deal w/ lines, waiting etc...just have a bit more luck than others w/out the pkg.

I'd say it would depend on how close do you want to be to the front...

If you don't really want to eat at a TS I wouldn't just for the F! pkg...

I agree w/ whoever said you may not have the crowd issue so much.

Can't chime in too much on the other TS options...but sounds like a fun plan to resort hop and then come back.

don't know if you can do this but w/ such a large party maybe some of you can save a few seats and then you and Lilian can arrive closer to show time.

I'd bet she'd last, you'll be surprised how well kids adapt to the Disney lifestyle...if the F! night is early in the week of your vacations days...you'll probably fare better w/ the late night too.
Thanks Julie for offering your suggestions--I really appreciate it! I am going to give up the package, if F! works out for us--great, if not, than it will be another reason to go back.

I am working on updating our itinerary but I think it will be for the best.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #995
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Happenings over the last month :)

It has been crazy busy at our house, I'm betting it has been for you too! Summer is here in Michigan and we are loving being outside. We have traveled down to my graduate school to kick on my summer classes. Boy did I get a ton of work dumped on my lap!

Even though I have not posted for a bit, sorry about that, a few things have happened, Disney-wise. So here goes:

We are paid in full!!! I am so happy to say that!!

MNSSHP: it is official! We have ordered and received our tickets.

(I wished they were themed, but oh well! I am so excited to attend this. )

Becky blessed us with a postcard for Lilian’s Fairy Godmailer. Brent, her DH, actually wrote it out. Thank you to Becky and Brent for making a bright spot in Lilian’s day!

The postcard:

And Lilian with her postcard:

I also ordered some trading pins from eBay—thank you Connie for the suggestion on who to try. I am really happy with the pins we got, there are some we might keep and others we will definitely trade at Disney.

Here are pictures of the ones we will most likely trade:

Here are some more, which I am debating on keeping:

Does anyone have any good tips on pin trading? We have not gotten a lanyard yet, I think we may just pick it up at Disney or have it in the resort room as part of a gift basket. Thoughts?

What kind of DISer would I be without making some changes over the course of this PTR? You know that we switched resorts, which I am thrilled to be trying at new one. I think POR would have been fine, but I am looking forward to trying a new place and I am drawn to the new décor. I am working on updating our itinerary plans, so stay tuned for those because I would love to get feedback from those of you still reading along!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #996
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Does anyone have any good tips on pin trading? We have not gotten a lanyard yet, I think we may just pick it up at Disney or have it in the resort room as part of a gift basket. Thoughts?

We did pin trading for the 1st time last yr...just the older 3 kids did it (then ages 10, 10, & 6), but I think Naomi-Ruth (my almost 4yr old) will get in on the act if she will go up to people...this may be a good social test for her....

Nathan is autistic and it was such a great experience for him to talk w/ the CM's and understand the pin trading etiquite....

my kids only traded w/ CM's so far...CM's have to trade w/ you vs guests can or refuse...

some CM's wear green lanyards which are specifcally for kids trading...

you need to ask if they'd like to trade or if you can look at their pins...they will always say yes. then you point to which one you want and show which one you'll give. You each take your own pins off put on the backs first (which I advise buying a pkg of and keep on you) then trade....

very simple!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #997
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Do you mind sharing what seller you used for your pins? This is one of the things still on my to-do list!

Love your pins btw- too cute!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #998
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Congrats on having your trip paid off---That's a great feeling!

Love all your trading pins. I need to do the same thing---That might be a great stocking gift at Christmas!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #999
MommyMcQueen
DIS Veteran

Congrats on having your trip paid off!!! I'm doing the same today - it is a great feeling!

Love the postcard idea - how cute! I may have to do that for my kids!!

Sorry to hear things have been so crazy, and that you have so much homework to do for your summer class! Hope it goes well for you!

Can't wait to see some of your itininery!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #1000
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

How exciting to be paid in full! And to have your MNSSHP tickets in hand! And what a sweet postcard.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 06-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #1001
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on having the trip paid off; and on the party tickets (Mark and I are 99% sure we will do the party on the 18th of September).

Did you change resorts again? Or are you still at CSR? I'm so

RIP Genie
Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #1002
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

I'm still here So glad you ordered your tickets and got so many fun pins!! Becky's postcard was so sweet..I am sure your DD loved it! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #1003
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

oooh good idea getting pins to trade off ebay... Although I'd have to get pins I already have or else I'd want to keep them :D lol!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #1004
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hooray for being paid in full! That is awesome.

Madison started pin trading last June and she really loves it. Before that trip, I bought a bunch of pins off ebay. She kept a lot but still had a bunch to trade. We got our lot of 30 pins in the mail the other day and she wanted to keep almost all of them! I said that's not happening because I bought them specifically for trading. We still have 3 months to figure all of it out.

She likes to stop at every CM she sees with a lanyard. She has a ton of fun doing it and has gotten some great pins. Try to trade early in the morning before other people have started trading. You can always tell which CM's have been trading a lot...their lanyards look a bit more disorganized.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #1005
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Congrats on having your trip paid off Stephanie! Also congrats on the MNSSHP. We are considering it for our October trip. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: