Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #136
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this has been asked, but do they have cherry coke at the CBR? May be a silly question, but that is my soft drink of choice when I choose a carbonated beverage.

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
TaraBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #137
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
We plan on purchasing the mugs, but I see 2 potential (related) problems - the size of the mug (small) and the distance between the mug refill point and the room (large). In this age of 32oz, 44oz, and 64 oz cups, a 14 oz mug does NOT provide sufficent soda for a quiet evening at the resort. At least not for an adult soda pop addict.

Is there any objection to our filling the mugs, going out, transferring the contents of the mugs into larger cups we bring with us, going to the back of the line, and getting another immediate refill that we will also add to our personal cups? That way we wouldn't have drunk the whole thing by the time we walked back to our room!

Or does Disney object to this?

you won't find anywhere whether "disney" objects to this or not. I, personally don't care if you make the long walk back and forth to your room to dump it in a container, or do it there. (but there will be people on this board who will). I wouldn't bring a big jar into the food court or anything!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle1971 View Post
We will be there in August and really don't want to spend more money on new ones. I have 4 mugs that we purchased in 2006 @ Pop Century w/their logo. Could I use them this year @ CBR? It's seems crazy to buy new ones if i've already have them. They will be used for the duration of the our stay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1 View Post
I know the mugs they've been selling recently can not be used on a subsequent visit, but I have mugs I bought in 2000 at CBR. They had them in the room next to a sign explaining how much they cost and how to use them. I believe the sign said that they could be used "forever". I know I used them on one subsequent visit in 2002. They do not have any "length of stay" wording on them.

I am returning to CBR for the first time since 2002. I still have the mugs I purchased in 2000. I was wondering if anyone knows if my recollection is correct and they can be used for this visit.
see the "stickey" at the beginning of this thread.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #138
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

can i just ask something that i've wondered about for a while now.

and this is to those who seem to have a problem with people bringing back old mugs to use.

do you ever say anything to the people you see using last years mug or a star bucks mug or do you just fume about it then vent it here when you get home?

and why do you care?

just wondering - really - i've see so many posts about how terrible it is i'm just curious.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #139
blairbear
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if CSR still had different refillable mugs than other resorts. DH and I are staying there for our December trip and I am really hope they do

~2009 - All Star Music
~2010 - All Star Sports/Dolphin
~2012 - POP
~2013 - Yacht Club CL

2013 Pre-Trip Report
blairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #140
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairbear View Post
I was wondering if CSR still had different refillable mugs than other resorts. DH and I are staying there for our December trip and I am really hope they do
They now sell the same mug design which is being sold the other resort counter service locations.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #141
blairbear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
They now sell the same mug design which is being sold the other resort counter service locations.
Thank you

Just my luck, I was really hoping that they had different ones. We stayed at All Star Sports last year and the new ones while a little different are still similar. I was hoping for something different.

~2009 - All Star Music
~2012 - POP
~2013 - Yacht Club CL

2013 Pre-Trip Report

Last edited by blairbear; 06-21-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #142
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you

Just my luck, I was really hoping that they had different ones. We stayed at *** last year and the new ones while a little different are still similar. I was hoping for something different.
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #143
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Thank you

Just my luck, I was really hoping that they had different ones. We stayed at *** last year and the new ones while a little different are still similar. I was hoping for something different.
i'm guessing you stayed at All Star Sports

they language sensor doesn't like the short form
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #144
blairbear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
i'm guessing you stayed at All Star Sports

they language sensor doesn't like the short form
OOPS I didn't really catch that. I went in and changed it.

~2009 - All Star Music
~2012 - POP
~2013 - Yacht Club CL

2013 Pre-Trip Report
Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #145
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

A different refillable mug question...

I haven't seen this in the thread - sorry if I missed it.

Are the mugs transferrable? Sorry, I don't know how else to word that. What I mean is, we are on the DxDP, and we would not use a mug for each of us. (There are no juices or milk for DS at the BC if I remember correctly, and we don't drink a lot of soda, so we might use one, and take it home as a souvenir.) So could we take the other two (new of course!) and give them to some nice looking family as a random act of kindness?

Is there anything about the mugs on the dining plan being non-transferrable? Thanks!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #146
pinkle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
I haven't seen this in the thread - sorry if I missed it.

Are the mugs transferrable? Sorry, I don't know how else to word that. What I mean is, we are on the DxDP, and we would not use a mug for each of us. (There are no juices or milk for DS at the BC if I remember correctly, and we don't drink a lot of soda, so we might use one, and take it home as a souvenir.) So could we take the other two (new of course!) and give them to some nice looking family as a random act of kindness?

Is there anything about the mugs on the dining plan being non-transferrable? Thanks!
I can't imagine that you couldn't give them away....we will be at POFQ
Old 06-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #147
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

Thanks...I'll have to look for some nice DISers who need mugs!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #148
smidgy
dimples

wouldn't it be cool if you saw a couple at your resort with the mickey bridal veil and mickey top hat? what a neat wedding present!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #149
Gipperland
Mouseketeer

My son has allergies and can't drink soda or juice. All he can drink is water, milk, and chocolate milk. Last year we stayed at the BWI and got mugs with our dining plan, I mentioned this when I booked and the agent made a note. Next thing I know the chef from the BWI calls me. He told me there was a note a the bakery explaining my son's allergies and my son was allowed to get milk, chocolate milk, or water in place of soda with his mug. This was wonderful because when ever we go out he seems to miss out because of his allergies. He can't even drink water that comes out of the soda machine because they usually come out of a fruit juice or citrus spout. Disney is the best at making special accomadations :-)
Gipperland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #150
fraservalleymom
Mouseketeer

Great thread. I've learned so much.
fraservalleymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: