Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #196
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
He looks so sad that he isn't tall enough for the ride. Maybe next year he will be tall enough. Love the face painting.
Thanks! Jacob is brave beyond his years! It gives him something to look forward to!

We had Max's birthday party yesterday. It was cute. It was a Toy Story theme with a banner, colorful streamers and balloons, and green army guys all over the place spying on the party. The cake was made by a bakery and had half Woody theme and half Buzz theme with stand up characters too. Almost everyone bought Max Toy Story 3 toys and there were no repeats! Pretty good! When it came time to go to the movie theater to see Toy Story 3, Max would have nothing to do with it! He would NOT get in the car! He really was afraid the movie theater would be like a WDW attraction and squirt him or scare him. My sisters just ended up taking Jacob and my 10 year old nephew. I'm jealous!
Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #197
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

More great updates!

The boys face paint turned out really good....did it stay that way for long in the heat?

The picture of Ella at the finding nemo show is too cute...it looks like she really enjoyed it.

How nice of your MIL to rent the stroller....that must have made a big difference for the kids in the park!

Looking forward to hearing more

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #198
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

A few more face painted pictures. Here's Jake's "scary dinosaur" and "nice dinosaur faces."

And I don't want to leave Max and Ella out. Ella enjoyed sharing her stroller with a Panda. She kept looking back and trying to "get him."

The details are getting fuzzy now, but I think the roller coaster riders went to Expediation Everest next, while MIL and SIL went to see the monkeys with the kids.

With our fast passes, it took us a total of 7 minutes from the time we entered the line to the time we walked off the ride. Sweet!

We caught up to the group quickly which was good because all the monkeys were hiding or something. They didn't have much to look at!

We were all hungry now and our timing was perfect. As planned, we had lunch at Anandapur Local Food Cafes (AKA Yak & Yeti counter service.)

I wasn't too impressed. The kids and I split the Honey Chicken and a side of chicken fried rice (a good use of a snack credit.) I had read on the DISboards that we could get egg rolls as a snack credit here too, but they didn't even have egg rolls on the menu. Maybe they recently stopped offering them? DH decided to go over to Yak & Yet and get an order to go. They were pricey--about $8 I think--but they were the best part of our meal. Next time we will just do TS at Yak and Yeti, we already made the ADR for our December trip!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-29-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #199
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
More great updates!

The boys face paint turned out really good....did it stay that way for long in the heat?

The picture of Ella at the finding nemo show is too cute...it looks like she really enjoyed it.

How nice of your MIL to rent the stroller....that must have made a big difference for the kids in the park!

Looking forward to hearing more
Thanks! The face painting held up surprisingly well. Max especially would forget about it though and rub his face--which didn't help. After eating, it started rubbing off more. It was certainly worth it for the day. You'll see by dinner time they look a little goofy though.

It was great that MIL rented a stroller. My kids would have done fine with our double stroller and the boys taking turns. But SIL and BIL wanted to travel light and thought their 4 and 6 yr old wouldn't need a stroller. Heck, with kids, even their stuff needs a stroller! The park strollers were nice because the kids could hop in and out and enjoyed riding with their cousins. Honestly, Kyle (6) didn't use the stroller much, so we could have just used a single stroller. Max and Avery had so much fun riding together though, so it was nice. And sometimes three of them would pile in at once!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-29-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #200
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Loving the TR...my dd11 thinks Ella is just adorable and is also enjoying your TR!
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #201
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

After lunch, we went to the Boneyard. The kids always have a great time there. It's a little nerve racking with 4 little ones running around. A few of us went in with them, and a few stayed out near the exit to make sure no one escaped! (Of course we stayed with Ella in there! She liked digging in the rocks!) I think the guys took this time to go on Dinosaur too. Not my favorite ride, so I skipped it.

DH ran and got us fast passes for Kilamanjaro Safari while the kids were playing too. We regrouped and went to see It's Tough to be a Bug. Max absolutely refused to go in, so DH stayed out with him. A dark show is always a good nursing break for Ella, so I automatically get to go! DH and Max explored the surrounding area while we were in the show and Max was happy because he got some kind of stamp book.

We started walking to Kilamanjaro Safari, but the kids were distracted by the tatoos. Grandma said she'd pay for all the kids to get one, so they were very happy! (Spoiled, aren't they?!)

Kyle quickly picked out a shark tatoo, so he went first.

One of Jacob's favorite movies is The Nightmare Before Christmas, so when I saw him looking at tatoos of those characters, I thought he'd get Jack Skellington. But NO, he picked a big green glob, called Oogie Boogie. I guess he's supposed to be the Boogie Man, but the tatoo didn't translate too well unless you looked closely and were a big Nightmare fan. To me it was a $6 green blob on his arm!

Avery got a Hannah Montana tatoo of course, and Max picked Frozone. Another surprising choice! I don't even think he knows who Frozone is! Those tatoos definately last a long time though. They had them on for at least a week after we returned home!

Coming next: Kilamanjaro Safari and Jammin' Jungle Parade

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 06-20-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #202
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM View Post
Loving the TR...my dd11 thinks Ella is just adorable and is also enjoying your TR!
Thanks! I appreciate your comment! I think it's funny that there have been over 12,000 views but only a few people are commenting. I guess it makes it easier to read through the TR though!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #203
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

yep i am one of the 12000 views, really enjoying your tr. i dont comment often but i do like reading along. i love the face painting but my kids tend to start rubbing it and ruining it in under a half hour and that makes me a little crazy. maybe i should get one for me instead
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #204
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Love your pics, great camera! What did you use?
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #205
dd50
DIS Veteran

Face painting and tattoo's. Maybe this year I will let my 12 year old get a tattoo instead of a Henna that she got last year and smeared it before it was dry. Love the pics.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #206
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
yep i am one of the 12000 views, really enjoying your tr. i dont comment often but i do like reading along. i love the face painting but my kids tend to start rubbing it and ruining it in under a half hour and that makes me a little crazy. maybe i should get one for me instead
Thanks for chiming in! I'm just glad people are reading it! I would have quit writing it a long time ago if so many people weren't along for the ride. Jacob keeps asking me when I'll be done writing about the trip so I can start making our photobooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
Love your pics, great camera! What did you use?
Thanks! I use a Fugi FinePix 40F. It's certainly no professional camera, but it does a good enough job, it's very portable, and it's super easy to use. It's the second one I've owned--because I keep dropping my camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Face painting and tattoo's. Maybe this year I will let my 12 year old get a tattoo instead of a Henna that she got last year and smeared it before it was dry. Love the pics.
I know, right? We spoil our kids enough, but with an aunt and uncle, and grandparents along, they were super spoiled! Just wait...there's more!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-29-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #207
Mona503
Earning My Ears

I just got caught up. I love your pix! They are really good ones. All the kids are so cute. I like that group shot of Avery pouting. haha! That face painting looks neat, and the tattoos too! I am so allergic to everything that I can't do face paint. I will never forget the time I dressed up for halloween as a witch, complete with green face paint. Talk about a horrible rash!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #208
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

I love the face painting and tattoos. I thought eggrolls were on the menu as well. Hmmmm...

Can't wait to hear more!!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #209
Buckeye Princess
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report and am loving it! I have a DD who is currently 16 months. I keep looking again and again at the pictures of Bella because she looks so much older than my daughter Carrington. She has so much beautiful hair!!! haha. Carrington is not only small for her age but she has very short whipsy white blond hair so she looks quite young. We actually did a big multigenerational trip like yours back in Jan for her first birthday with my husband's family. I'm so jealous of the Grand Villa. They were all booked for our stay so we did a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom instead at Kidani. Doing a Grand at some point is definitely on the to do list though, especially after seeing those pictures.

Looking forward to more!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #210
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Now I'm reading your TR! Really enjoying it....only on page 4 though. Beach/Yacht Club is where DS8 wants to stay next time...DD4 wants the GF...we will see who wins I was reading your post about wishing there was a plan with 2TS instead of 3. That really would be nice, wouldn't it? 3 big meals is too much food. We ate in the CL lounge most mornings and used our credits for Signatures and dinner shows which worked out well for us. And like y'all, we didn't use all of our snack credits so we bought loads of candy, rice crispy treats, cotton candy, etc. on the last day.

Looking forward to reading more. By the way, nice pictures!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: