Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #30
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
Your pics are awesome! I love your pics with Mickey and Dopey!!
Thanks, HG! I'm glad you like my pictures! I'm always so pleased with how they turn out.

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking...have you always been a Disney Fan or was it not until ABD? I love to hear peoples Disney Stories if they have one!
I grew up less than 15 miles from Disneyland. My Dad's company gave him a membership to the Magic Kingdom Club, which gave us discounted access to Disneyland, so we went relatively frequently. Disney has been a part of my life all along. Disneyland while I lived in California, Disney World now that I'm in Ohio. As a kid, we'd go at *least* a couple of times a year. I went to Disneyland the night I graduated from High School. In college, I went even more often (I could afford to buy my own tickets). Later on, as a reward for losing 60 pounds, I bought myself an annual pass the first year they were available (they were INFINITELY less expensive when they first came out. I don't think they really believed a lot of people would be interested in them!) When I moved to Ohio, I went to Disney World for the first time. I've gone almost every year since.

So Disney is just a part of my life. I do love Disney. I always loved how clean Disneyland was. In the early days, you had to be careful. If you dropped something, it was *gone*... they swept up trash almost as fast as it hit the ground. I feel safe there. Same for WDW. I know I'll have a good time there, that there's always something interesting there. It's a comfort thing; a place to escape to that's familiar and relatively easy for me to get to. Disney Parks just make me happy.

So when I read about ABD, it just seemed a logical extension of my love of the Disney parks. And so far, I haven't been disappointed.

Oh, and talking about the Magic Kingdom Club... Back when Disneyland still had the A, B, C, D & E tickets, Magic Kingdom Club allowed you to buy a book of tickets that could be used for *any* ride. Essentially, it was a book full of E tickets. The only downside was, you didn't do the A & B ticket rides as much, because that same ticket could get you on an E ticket ride! Then, later, they offered a ticket that was, basically, a combination of park entry and entry to any & all rides. You pinned the ticket on, and it allowed you onto any ride without a ticket. It was the pre-curser to Disneyland going to just paying for entrance, with no more tickets. It was great, because you just didn't have to think about it; you could go on any ride, as many times as you liked. Eventually, the whole park went to paying for entrance only & no tickets (a lot of people lost jobs when they no longer needed ticket-takers!) At that point, Magic Kingdom Club became just a discount. Later, I got Magic Kingdom Club memberships at the places I worked. I had a Magic Kingdom Club card every year until they did away with it. I was SO SAD when they did away with it. I kept my last expired card for a long time... A part of my childhood gone.. Now I have a Disney Visa Card, but it's not quite the same. I tried joining D23 this year, but it was a total waste of money since I don't live in LA any more, and everything is focused around events out there.

Heheheheheh! You asked!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

Last edited by sayhello; 06-20-2010 at 10:49 AM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: