Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
alliebelle3's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
Posts: 192

Why wait till September when we can go now? **FINAL THOUGHTS UPDATED 8/23**

Hello everyone! Welcome to my first trip report! I'm new at this, but I hope you'll read along and join in the conversation!

I discovered these boards about a year ago, but have been to Disney nearly 20 times in my life. My first trip was at age 4, when my mom married my step-dad at the Grand Floridian! We've been hooked ever since.

This trip was different for a bunch of reasons.

1. It was my first DVC trip! I became a member this year and used the free points from 2009 to take this trip. My home resort is Bay Lake Tower.

2. It was my first time to Disney with my boyfriend, Vinnie. We've been together almost three years, and I have been waiting for us to go to WDW together for what seems like so long! I've been a few times with my family since we've been together, but for one reason or another he was never able to come along. I was so excited to experience the trip with him, especially because he hadn't been to Disney in over 15 years. And as we know...much has changed since then!

3. This trip was planned on VERY short notice. Vinnie and I were originally planning on visiting in September, but over Memorial Day weekend the thought popped into my head that maybe we should move the trip up. We are both in the process of looking for new jobs, and I was worried that if we get new jobs within the next few months, taking time off right away wouldn't be possible. So, I called DVC to see if we could rearrange some things, and we could!

So, the details:

Travel dates: Thursday, June 10th - Monday, June 14th. According the the local Orlando news station, it was the WARMEST weather they had seen all year so far.

Resort: The Boardwalk Villas (2 nights garden view, 2 nights boardwalk view!)

The cast:

Me, Allie. Planner extraordinaire and the author of this TR.

The Boyfriend, Vinnie. His first time to Disney in a loooong time, and his first stay on-property!

My sister, Kiki.

The sister's boyfriend, Tim.

Let's get started!

DAY #1, 6.10.10

This day began very early. Our flight left Albany at 6 a.m., so we were up nice early. Our plan was to get to the airport around 4:30, just to be safe, and because Vinnie was a bit nervous about flying. Vinnie and I met Kiki and Tim at my parents house. My step-dad Pete would be driving us to the airport. We arrived at the airport ahead of schedule, and went right to the check in line at Southwest. There were about three people in front of us in line. As I began shuffling through my carry-on bag for my confirmation email and license, I started to panic. My wallet was nowhere in sight. How could I NOT have my wallet?! It had all of my credit cards, some cash, my ID, etc. I told the already-nervous Vinnie, and he suggested we get out of line and look through my bag and suitcase. I was positive that I had it, so I told Kiki and Tim to stay and in line and we would join them soon.

I took everything out of my bag -- magazines, iPOD, extra clothes and my bathing suit -- everything was there EXCEPT for my wallet! I opened my suitcase. Nothing.

I was officially freaking out. Kiki and Tim came over to us, and Kiki decided to call Pete and have him turn around, just in case it somehow fell out in the car. I called my roommate back at my apartment, to have her check my room and see if I had left it there. I felt so bad calling her at 4:30 in the morning, but I had no idea what to do! She searched my room and the apartment and it was not there.

There was one more possibility. My car. It could be in my car. My car was parked at my parents house, 20 minutes from the airport. I called my mom and woke her up and asked her to go out and check in my trunk, where my bag was on the car ride over that morning.

It must have been my lucky day, because it was there! Thank God! Now I just needed to figure out a way to get it to the airport. There was no way that my mom was going to bring it, so I called my Poppy. He woke up in a daze, but ran right over to my parents house to get it from my mom (luckily they live about five minutes away). We called Pete and he turned back around, again, and headed home.

Phew. That was close!

Kiki and Tim went through security, Vinnie stayed with our luggage, and I went outside to wait for Poppy. Around 5:15, my Poppy pulled up. I thanked him profusely, but he just told me to RUN! Luckily there was no line at the Southwest desk, security was a breeze, and by 5:30 we were at the gate and waiting. I could not believe the amount of stress that had occurred in just that past hour. I certainly hoped it wasn't a sign of what was to come for the entire trip!

UP NEXT: Arrival in Orlando & WDW! Boardwalk here we come!

Last edited by alliebelle3; 08-23-2010 at 09:57 PM.
alliebelle3 is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.