Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #376
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

I like your pic of the BC. We have never stayed there...but it is a place we want to stay.

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #377
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Oh, I love the BC and SAB! We can't wait to go back and stay there again one day. I always think that the kids meal in the pail is a fantastic idea. We actually have two of those at home I think from our past trips. Sigh, I could just smell the BC lobby as I was reading about your stay. Glad you got to use the slide a bit too, as we walked by a few times and saw the slide being worked on.
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #378
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Love the picture of BC! I am dying to stay there. We are a beach loving/pool loving family so I am sure that my whole family would love it! We just, typically, spend so little time at our resort that I am not sure it is worth the $$. We loved POR last year and are planning to do it again while DS is still small enough for the trundle. What to do? What to do?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #379
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful room view!!

Many years ago we did the late night trek through Epcot when our boys were young. They were totally exhausted - younger DS were were able to carry for partial time. That walk through Epcot to BC can truly be long!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #380
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Beautiful BC pics! SAB sounds heavenly, I'm afraid if we were to stay there I might have a hard time convincing the boys to leave the pool for the parks as well - no wonder Chris was content to just hang at the resort!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #381
chrisw127

DIS Veteran

Just caught up. Love your TR so far. I'm running a race in October (the Food and Wine at WDW--the Food & Wine part lured me in) and I'd also forgotten how hard it is to get back into running. I work out enough so my aerobic capacity is fine, but there's something about running that just pushes you farther than most sports. I alternate between loving it and hating it. Good luck with your race!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #382
ashleighbass06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Ha, ha, ha! That is my husband's favourite line!

Welcome to the club!
Not only do they say the same things but they have the same name...DBF is also Chris. I'm doomed
Old 06-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #383
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Phew!

Remember I said that I was going to start back running this week so I would be able to run the 10k in October with my husband during his companion Half Marathon race? Well, just under the wire I squeeked in my first workout tonite (if you can call it that).

I ran/walked for 25 mins. To save my embarrassment I won't tell you the distance I covered.

I also won't tell you that I just about fell down getting off the treadmill at the end due to dizziness.

2 things I forgot about starting back to running:
1. it is so hard at first to keep moving and putting one foot in front of the other...
...but...
2. it is so gratifying, (especially if you have a desk job and sedentary lifestyle), to feel that good, sweaty tiredness afterwards.
I am determined to keep this up and get in shape for October's race. Feel free to keep me honest by periodically checking in on me to make sure I am keeping it up!

Good for you! I'm struggling with my 1/2 marathon training so I need some motivation!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 06-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #384
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Now you have me feeling guilty!!!!!! Especially after I ate a bowl of icecream and apple cobbler!!!
We are more alike than you would think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
LOVE your view from your room!! Beautiful!! And that pool looks AMAZING!!! Can't wait to hear about Brown Derby and Fantasmic!!
Coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruising View Post
I like your pic of the BC. We have never stayed there...but it is a place we want to stay.
Can't go wrong with the BC IMO - LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Oh, I love the BC and SAB! We can't wait to go back and stay there again one day. I always think that the kids meal in the pail is a fantastic idea. We actually have two of those at home I think from our past trips. Sigh, I could just smell the BC lobby as I was reading about your stay. Glad you got to use the slide a bit too, as we walked by a few times and saw the slide being worked on.
I spent sooo much time at night in that Lobby! Me and all of the other night owls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Love the picture of BC! I am dying to stay there. We are a beach loving/pool loving family so I am sure that my whole family would love it! We just, typically, spend so little time at our resort that I am not sure it is worth the $$. We loved POR last year and are planning to do it again while DS is still small enough for the trundle. What to do? What to do?
If there is ever a resort that actually makes you want to *leave* the Parks, the BC is it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
What a wonderful room view!!

Many years ago we did the late night trek through Epcot when our boys were young. They were totally exhausted - younger DS were were able to carry for partial time. That walk through Epcot to BC can truly be long!
I can walk forever. Especially with scenery as fantastic as Epcot and Crescent Lake. However, I grossly overestimated the kids' endurance, especially given the heat that day. Lesson learned!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #385
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Beautiful BC pics! SAB sounds heavenly, I'm afraid if we were to stay there I might have a hard time convincing the boys to leave the pool for the parks as well - no wonder Chris was content to just hang at the resort!
You've got that right! I don't know of any resort pool anywhere that can compete with SAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw127 View Post
Just caught up. Love your TR so far. I'm running a race in October (the Food and Wine at WDW--the Food & Wine part lured me in) and I'd also forgotten how hard it is to get back into running. I work out enough so my aerobic capacity is fine, but there's something about running that just pushes you farther than most sports. I alternate between loving it and hating it. Good luck with your race!
Good luck training for the F&W! Sound be an awesome race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighbass06 View Post
Not only do they say the same things but they have the same name...DBF is also Chris. I'm doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Good for you! I'm struggling with my 1/2 marathon training so I need some motivation!

Amanda
If you find any, please send it my way!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #386
DisneyFanDC
Mouseketeer

Enjoying Your TR!

We've never stayed at the Beach Club, but reading your TR is making reconsider for future trips! Very much enjoying reading about your trip.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #387
cdotla
Trish

Brown Derby & Fantasmic!

After a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Stormalong Bay, we cleaned ourselves up for dinner and headed out to catch the Friendship Boat to Hollywood Studios.

We were headed to the Brown Derby - one of my favourites.

How great it felt to be walking through the Beach Club lobby and knowing that we would be calling this wonderful resort home for the next 8 nights!

We headed out the lobby's back doors toward the wonderful boardwalk which circles Cresent Lake.

On our way, we ran into the Beach Club's Photopass photographer. I assume that he is there primarily to shoot people who pay for the resort photo session, but during our time at the Beach Club we saw him numerous times roaming the resort taking candid shots of families. He was such a great photographer! Very enthusiastic about his job, and worked really hard to get great photos. If you happened to get this guy as your photo session photographer, I would say you hit the jackpot!

As we were walking by, this wonderful photographer asked if we would like him to take our picture. Given that there was no Friendship Boat in sight and we had some time to kill, I thought this was a wonderful idea. While DH as usual wasn't thrilled about posing for photos, he begrudgingly agreed. In addition to the one and only park photopass picture we took when we entered the Magic Kingdom the day before, this would end up being our second and last family photopass picture of the entire trip. Thank goodness we took the time to pose for these photos because I was so, so impressed with the end results!!!

In the span of about 2 minutes, this guy got us all to pose on some rocks on the beach about 4 feet off the boardwalk. He set up the shot perfectly within seconds and took some wonderful photos of the whole family. I don't yet have the photopass CD (it was ordered last week), but I will be sure to post these pictures as soon as it arrives.

After posing for our photos, we were off to the dock to wait for our boat.

It came quickly, and then we took off down the canal for the short trip to Hollywood Studios. This was a first-time ride for all of us. I had only ever taken the Friendship Boats to and from Epcot. What a huge benefit of staying at the Crescent Lake resorts. So convenient!!!

We arrived at Hollywood Studios just in time for our reservation at the Brown Derby.

I love the decor here and we were all happy with the meal.

Chris ordered the Baby Greens Salad and the Grouper and was pleased with his selections.

My MIL ordered the Crab Cake, another appetizer (which I don't seem to have taken a photo of) and some type of non-descript dessert. No complaints from her (although she is not one to complain anyway!)

The kids each ordered grilled cheese. Pretty basic and boring. The bread was dried out and the presentation was definitely lacking. I have seen better counter service kids meals!

After hearing about the infamous Cobb Salad, I decided to give that a try.

Unfortunately, this was not something I enjoyed at all. Not sure exactly why, but the flavours just didn't sit well with me. So this was kind of a disappointment. Luckily, my dessert more than made up for it. I had heard for a couple of years now all about the Grapefruit Cake but had never tried it. Tonite was the night. And it was about time. I loved it!!!

After the meal, we had just enough time to head up for the 1st showing of Fantasmic. By the time we arrived (about 40 minutes before start time), the theatre was literally almost completely full. I couldn't believe it! This was my first time at Fantasmic since they dropped the schedule back to only a couple times a week instead of nightly and boy, did it show!

We very quickly made our way over to find seats just in the nick of time. If we had been 10 minutes later we would have had awful seats on the extreme ends of the theatre. This is the main reason why the Fantasmic dinner package is of absolutely no interest to me: I have to be seated in the middle of the theatre. I know I would not enjoy the views from the ends.

After entertaining the kids with glow sticks and snacks, and participating in The Wave, it was finally time for the show to start. This would be Chris, Declan and my MIL's first time seeing the show. Of course everyone loved it.

I was pleasantly surprised that the show had changed a fair bit since I last saw it. As I regularly listen to 4 Disney podcasts and tend to keep up with the latest Disney internet news, I was very surprised about the changes. I am not sure how I missed this update, but in retrospect, it was great not to have been expecting the changes. It kind of made the whole show new to all of us.

What a great introduction to the Parks for my MIL. She was blown away and couldn't believe the quality of the nightly park entertainment.

After the show, we of course had to fight our way through the crush crowds to get out of the Park. Fortunately, we were able to get on a Friendship Boat after only about a 10 minute wait. What a nice way to cap off the evening.

UP NEXT: Day 3 and off to Animal Kingdom!

Last edited by cdotla; 06-20-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #388
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanDC View Post
We've never stayed at the Beach Club, but reading your TR is making reconsider for future trips! Very much enjoying reading about your trip.
Thank you! So glad you are following along!

The Beach Club is awesome - you should check it out sometime and see what you think!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #389
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

My turn to reciprocate the feeling! That shot of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk makes me wish I was back there .

I know what you mean about the Y&BC PP photographer. We met him too...unfortunately for us, never as a family together. We had intended on getting a family shot with him and were very impressed with his friendly and chatty manner. But somehow, we kept missing him when we were together as a family and only saw him individually!

Next time....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #390
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Brown Derby & Fantasmic!

After a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Stormalong Bay, we cleaned ourselves up for dinner and headed out to catch the Friendship Boat to Hollywood Studios.

We were headed to the Brown Derby - one of my favourites.

How great it felt to be walking through the Beach Club lobby and knowing that we would be calling this wonderful resort home for the next 8 nights!

We headed out the lobby's back doors toward the wonderful boardwalk which circles Cresent Lake.

On our way, we ran into the Beach Club's Photopass photographer. I assume that he is there primarily to shoot people who pay for the resort photo session, but during our time at the Beach Club we saw him numerous times roaming the resort taking candid shots of families. He was such a great photographer! Very enthusiastic about his job, and worked really hard to get great photos. If you happened to get this guy as your photo session photographer, I would say you hit the jackpot!

As we were walking by, this wonderful photographer asked if we would like him to take our picture. Given that there was no Friendship Boat in sight and we had some time to kill, I thought this was a wonderful idea. While DH as usual wasn't thrilled about posing for photos, he begrudgingly agreed. In addition to the one and only park photopass picture we took when we entered the Magic Kingdom the day before, this would end up being our second and last family photopass picture of the entire trip. Thank goodness we took the time to pose for these photos because I was so, so impressed with the end results!!!

In the span of about 2 minutes, this guy got us all to pose on some rocks on the beach about 4 feet off the boardwalk. He set up the shot perfectly within seconds and took some wonderful photos of the whole family. I don't yet have the photopass CD (it was ordered last week), but I will be sure to post these pictures as soon as it arrives.

After posing for our photos, we were off to the dock to wait for our boat.

It came quickly, and then we took off down the canal for the short trip to Hollywood Studios. This was a first-time ride for all of us. I had only ever taken the Friendship Boats to and from Epcot. What a huge benefit of staying at the Crescent Lake resorts. So convenient!!!

We arrived at Hollywood Studios just in time for our reservation at the Brown Derby.

I love the decor here and we were all happy with the meal.

Chris ordered the Baby Greens Salad and the Grouper and was pleased with his selections.

My MIL ordered the Crab Cake, another appetizer (which I don't seem to have taken a photo of) and some type of non-descript dessert. No complaints from her (although she is not one to complain anyway!)

The kids each ordered grilled cheese. Pretty basic and boring. The bread was dried out and the presentation was definitely lacking. I have seen better counter service kids meals!

After hearing about the infamous Cobb Salad, I decided to give that a try.

Unfortunately, this was not something I enjoyed at all. Not sure exactly why, but the flavours just didn't sit well with me. So this was kind of a disappointment. Luckily, my dessert more than made up for it. I had heard for a couple of years now all about the Grapefruit Cake but had never tried it. Tonite was the night. And it was about time. I loved it!!!

After the meal, we had just enough time to head up for the 1st showing of Fantasmic. By the time we arrived (about 40 minutes before start time), the theatre was literally almost completely full. I couldn't believe it! This was my first time at Fantasmic since they dropped the schedule back to only a couple times a week instead of nightly and boy, did it show!

We very quickly made our way over to find seats just in the nick of time. If we had been 10 minutes later we would have had awful seats on the extreme ends of the theatre. This is the main reason why the Fantasmic dinner package is of absolutely no interest to me: I have to be seated in the middle of the theatre. I know I would not enjoy the views from the ends.

After entertaining the kids with glow sticks and snacks, and participating in The Wave, it was finally time for the show to start. This would be Chris, Declan and my MIL's first time seeing the show. Of course everyone loved it.

I was pleasantly surprised that the show had changed a fair bit since I last saw it. As I regularly listen to 4 Disney podcasts and tend to keep up with the latest Disney internet news, I was very surprised about the changes. I am not sure how I missed this update, but in retrospect, it was great not to have been expecting the changes. It kind of made the whole show new to all of us.

What a great introduction to the Parks for my MIL. She was blown away and couldn't believe the quality of the nightly park entertainment.

After the show, we of course had to fight our way through the crush crowds to get out of the Park. Fortunately, we were able to get on a Friendship Boat after only about a 10 minute wait. What a nice way to cap off the evening.

UP NEXT: Tusker House Breakfast and Touring Animal Kingdom

I have to say that salad doesn't look too appetizing either!!! We have never tried the Brown Derby.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: