Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #46
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,128
DISboards Moderator

Wow! Great Trip Report! Your pre-trip adventures really made me feel homesick for California. I know I'm going to do this trip at *some* point! It's only just a matter of when!

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #47
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie
 
TheTXTaylors5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,380

I'm glad you liked the Trip Report. I hope it gave you a sense of what an amazing trip this was for both DH and I.

Traveling the PCH was a dream come true. My camera couldn't capture the true beauty we saw in person. I was in awe. I HIGHLY recommend a drive on the PCH. It is good for the soul.

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer DH (DisneyTaylors) DS13 DD11 DS8 DIScat (Minnie) DISdog (Pluto)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #48
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie
 
TheTXTaylors5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitty View Post
What a wonderful report. This ABD trip is not in my budget, so your report was the next best thing!

Thanks
DH and I were a little (okay, a lot) sticker shocked with the pricing of the ABD trips. However, after experiencing the top knotch tours and visiting places only ABD could take us (ie: Imagineering, WD Studios and Jim Henson Company), I honestly felt it was well worth the $$$$$. It was priceless. Now, we didn't just take this trip on a whim. This was DH's 40th Birthday present and I booked it almost a year before the actual trip. That gave us time to save up for the trip. So, a trip like this may be more feasible than you think!

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer DH (DisneyTaylors) DS13 DD11 DS8 DIScat (Minnie) DISdog (Pluto)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #49
peloha86
"Dis"place and the "Dispeeps" my happy place and happy people!
 
peloha86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,798

What an excellent trip report! The world around me just dissapeared while I was reading your TR I actually lived in Monterey(for a short while) and worked as a waitress at the Old Fisherman's Grotto. The statue was the former founder/owner Shabu Shake, (RIP), he was an amazing man with the biggest heart. He would visit the staff and treat us to lunch, whatever we wanted on the menu (his sons would get so mad, hehe!). He also would walk around the dining area to make sure the patrons were well taken care of, and if he knew you or were a regular customer he would order complimentary calamari for the table. As for the clam chowder...
We used to watch the cooks make the clam chowder each morning from scratch. So if that was it for the day, that was it. Yes, it was that good, esp when it it was just made. We knew because we used to sample it, we knew the taste and the cooks would ask us how was it? Clam chowder sounds good now, oh! It's friday! Guess I'll have some...

Growing up in California, born and raised San Franciscan, have been to Disneyland numerous times and sold my diesel truck/5th wheel for DVC @ Villas at the Grand Californian , (because my daughters,DD13, DD19, and DH, had a hard time with camping....and with a 5th wheel, how hard can that be???)my family LOVES Disneyland, so as a family we chose Disney over camping. Reading your report just solidified it...

Have a wonderful cruise, maybe someday we can go on one too
Have a Disney Day
peloha86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #50
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie
 
TheTXTaylors5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by peloha86 View Post
What an excellent trip report! The world around me just dissapeared while I was reading your TR I actually lived in Monterey(for a short while) and worked as a waitress at the Old Fisherman's Grotto. The statue was the former founder/owner Shabu Shake, (RIP), he was an amazing man with the biggest heart. He would visit the staff and treat us to lunch, whatever we wanted on the menu (his sons would get so mad, hehe!). He also would walk around the dining area to make sure the patrons were well taken care of, and if he knew you or were a regular customer he would order complimentary calamari for the table. As for the clam chowder...
We used to watch the cooks make the clam chowder each morning from scratch. So if that was it for the day, that was it. Yes, it was that good, esp when it it was just made. We knew because we used to sample it, we knew the taste and the cooks would ask us how was it? Clam chowder sounds good now, oh! It's friday! Guess I'll have some...

Growing up in California, born and raised San Franciscan, have been to Disneyland numerous times and sold my diesel truck/5th wheel for DVC @ Villas at the Grand Californian , (because my daughters,DD13, DD19, and DH, had a hard time with camping....and with a 5th wheel, how hard can that be???)my family LOVES Disneyland, so as a family we chose Disney over camping. Reading your report just solidified it...

Have a wonderful cruise, maybe someday we can go on one too
Have a Disney Day
Thank you for the praise on the trip report. Yes, clam chowder sounds good right now. We never did finish that bowl at Old Fisherman's Grotto. Such a shame!

We use to have a pop-up camper. After our first trip to WDW, we sold it. We are also now DVC owners (home at Animal Kingdom Villas). Being in Texas, we are almost equal to both WDW and DLR. However, we've been going to WDW more often. That may change. California has so much to see and do that isn't "touristy". It's just a beach way of life. We already have plans to return in 2012. I don't want to wish time away. But, I can't wait!

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer DH (DisneyTaylors) DS13 DD11 DS8 DIScat (Minnie) DISdog (Pluto)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie
 
TheTXTaylors5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,380

There are a group of DISers on this trip right now. I know they are having an amazing time!

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer DH (DisneyTaylors) DS13 DD11 DS8 DIScat (Minnie) DISdog (Pluto)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #52
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie
 
TheTXTaylors5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,380

DH and I enjoyed our ABD experience so much, we are "seriously" considering the London and Paris DIS Unplugged Tour next year (September or October). Now, I just need to ... donate blood, give my first born, an arm and a leg ... I know it won't be cheap! Let the saving begin ... Oh wait! We have a Disney cruise and over two weeks at WDW in December. This saving $$$$$ might be more difficult than I thought.

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for an ABD trip next year.

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer DH (DisneyTaylors) DS13 DD11 DS8 DIScat (Minnie) DISdog (Pluto)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #53
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,128
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
DH and I enjoyed our ABD experience so much, we are "seriously" considering the London and Paris DIS Unplugged Tour next year (September or October). Now, I just need to ... donate blood, give my first born, an arm and a leg ... I know it won't be cheap! Let the saving begin ... Oh wait! We have a Disney cruise and over two weeks at WDW in December. This saving $$$$$ might be more difficult than I thought.

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for an ABD trip next year.

Jennifer
I wish they'd make a formal decision about that. I'm seriously considering that trip, also! But I assume they won't at least until after Pete returns from LA.

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #54
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,806
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I wish they'd make a formal decision about that. I'm seriously considering that trip, also! But I assume they won't at least until after Pete returns from LA.

Sayhello
We are waiting for ABd to provide details, pricing etc.

As soon as we know anything, we will let everyone know.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #55
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,128
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We are waiting for ABd to provide details, pricing etc.

As soon as we know anything, we will let everyone know.
Cool! Thanks.

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #56
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,009

Your trip report ROCKS! I feel like I'm on the trip with you. I take it this trip was Adult Only? Our preference for our next ABD will be AO. Thank you for taking the time to report.!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #57
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie
 
TheTXTaylors5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Your trip report ROCKS! I feel like I'm on the trip with you. I take it this trip was Adult Only? Our preference for our next ABD will be AO. Thank you for taking the time to report.!
Yes, there were only adults (or rather BIG kids in our case) on our Tour. I would guess the age range was 27-57. I am glad it was only adults because we left our children at home. It was a nice childless getaway. I got to eat hot food and be the first one in the shower each day. Sometimes being a Mommy, the little things give you pleasure. There were parts of the tour I know our children would not have enjoyed or had the patience to tour (ie: Jimmy Kimmel Live Studio and the Backstage Tour at Disneyland Park). Maybe, they do different things or liven things up when there are children on the tour too.

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report. Hopefully, we get to do another ABD trip next year and I can report more great memories.

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer DH (DisneyTaylors) DS13 DD11 DS8 DIScat (Minnie) DISdog (Pluto)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: