Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Day 4

We slept in again some today before heading over to DHS. I was really excited to take Sis here because I knew sheíd love Rock Ďní Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. We used our 2nd GAD voucher to get fast pass cards today. Upon arrival, Mom and Sis fetched regular fast passes from Tower of Terror then we headed to lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby. We had some amazing fillets here! Mmmm, Iím drooling just thinking about them. The salmon was also excellent. For dessert, we tried some grapefruit cake, which DH and I both love, but it just wasnít as good as I remembered this time. Maybe it was a bad day, maybe they tweaked the recipe, maybe my memory is bad... all possibilities! I think Iíll give it another try though next time weíre there.

After lunch we were eligible to pick up another regular fast pass so Mom and Sis headed over to Rock Ďní Roller Coaster to pick some up for us. Then we headed over and rode TT with a GAD fast pass. Mom and Sis both really enjoyed. It was a lot of fun watching them anticipate when the drops would come since they didnít know when the dropping would start. Mom definitely screamed a lot!

After TT we headed over to RnR and used another of our GAD fast passes. Sis volunteered to ride by herself so Mom and I could sit together. Sisís single rider happened to be a teen boy who was obviously looking for a way to strike up a conversation, so he used the best pick up line he could think of... ďDo you throw up?Ē ... she was not so impressed and asked him ďDo you scream?Ē and he responded ďI can if you want me to.Ē At this point, Mom and I both busted out laughing and Sis just looked at us like, youíve got to be kidding me. Fortunately for Sis, RnR is a pretty short ride. Mom and I considered buying the picture from the ride so Sis could always remember her new ďfriendĒ but we were too cheap.

After RnR, we decided to sit down and hang out for a bit. My ankle was hurting and it was starting to get pretty hot out.

After our break, we used our regular fast passes to go on TT and RnR again. Then we went over to Toy Story Mania. I was really excited for Mom to go on TSM because she LOVES Toy Story! Her two favorite ďmodernĒ Disney movies are Toy Story and Monsters Inc. We used our GAD fast pass to get immediate fast passes. We still had to wait almost 20 minutes in the fast pass line! The standby line was 90 minutes, I think, possibly longer. I felt bad depriving Mom of seeing Mr. Potato Head, but none of us really wanted to wait in that long of a standby line. Mom and Sis rode together and I sat by myself, but I was having so much fun, I didnít even notice! I could hear Mom and Sis laughing and giggling the whole time. Needless to say, TSM was a big hit with this crowd!

Iíve never really been a big character person. I like seeing them from afar, but I never really felt the need to wait in a line to interact with them or get a signature. Actually, I think our breakfast at CRT might be my first character interaction as an adult! After TSM, Sis wasnít feeling so great, so we decided to find a shady place to have a drink and relax.

After our break we got up and found a little merchandise area that had tons of Monsters Inc stuff. Mom was so excited! We looked it all over and as we were getting ready to leave, I caught this big blue furry thing out of the corner of my eye. It was Sulley! Followed closely by Mike, of course! They were just coming out of their door to start a character greet, I presume. I pointed them out to Mom and she ran over, just like a little kid and gave Sulley a big hug. We got a few minutes to hang out with Mike and Sulley before anyone else started coming over to get in line to meet them. It was definitely magical!

Afterwards, we decided to just walk around and do a little shopping. I found the store that sells the Disney Dooney and Bourke purses. Iíd been eyeing them on the Dis for a few months and hadnít decided if I wanted one or not. After seeing them in person, I was sold. I decided to get a large tote bag! Once I decided what I wanted, I probably sent 30 minutes deciding which one had the best layout. (If anyone requests, I'll take a picture of the tote and post it.)

On our way out of HS, we saw this American Idol Experience billboard that looked just like Sis! We took a picture so we could tell everyone she was so good at AI they decided to feature her on a billboard. I know the Dissers are too smart to fall for that, so I didnít try to fool you guys! We actually tried to convince Sis to audition for the AI Experience, but Mom and I were unsuccessful. Sis is a really great singer and performer, I think she wouldíve had a good chance of making it to one of the shows, but I guess weíll never know!

We still had some time between leaving the park and dinner at The California Grill at the Contemporary. We decided to get on the bus to the Contemp then take a monorail tour of the the Poly and GF. We enjoyed checking out the different lobbies and gift shops. We spent a while admiring the art store in the Poly.... some beautiful stuff in there! At the GF, I spent a small fortune in White Basin, replenishing my bath bomb collection. I also picked up some salt scrub for my feet and some shaving cream for DH.

Sis was really not feeling well at dinner. Nothing sounded good, so she just ordered a cheese flat bread and the goat cheese ravioli (the two plainest things on the menu) but she still only managed a few bites. Mom and I both had delicious meals. But most importantly, we had an amazing night time view of MK. About 10 minutes after our meal ended, we went out onto the observation deck to watch Wishes. It was amazing to watch Mom and Sis see it for the first time. Iíll have to admit though, Iíve never actually seen wishes from within MK! Iíve only ever seen it from the Cali Grill observation deck! Next trip though, that is definitely on my to-do list. Iíve actually never been in any of the parks at night, but I hope to change that on my next trip with DH.

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
teacher1717
Mouseketeer

I'd like to see a picture of the bag if you don't mind.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
DisGirl81
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1717 View Post
I'd like to see a picture of the bag if you don't mind.
Me too! I might pick one up in December if I really love it.

Too many trips to remember. Most recent:
12/02 WL & POLY
10/03 Contemporary
10/05 BC
05/07 BC
10/09 WL & BLT!!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #19
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Ask and ye shall receive!

With side snapped

With side snapped

Bottom has metal feet to keep the material from getting dirty/worn

Inside has cell phone pocket and zipper pocket

Review

The size is perfect for traveling or transporting binders/books/other stuff. The two straps fit comfortably on your shoulder and the tote is comfortable under your arm. For me, it's too large for an everyday use purse and I'm a "big purse" kinda gal. There is a smaller tote size that would be better for everyday use. Then there is also an even smaller hand held purse available and a wristlet. One reason I don't recommend it for everyday use is that it is inconvenient to get in and out of it you have the strap buckled (it's an actual buckle, not magnetic). I love the side snaps! With the snaps done and the buckle fastened on the tightest setting, the top is pretty well sealed to keep most anything from falling out. I used the tote as my carry on on the way back from WDW and had to put it in the overhead and nothing fell out.

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #20
teacher1717
Mouseketeer

super cute! I love it, I may have to check out the wristlet when I go. I use a wristlet a lot in the evenings when I go to WDW.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

I'm heading out of town for the weekend, check back on Monday for another chapter! Happy weekend to all!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #22
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1717 View Post
super cute! I love it, I may have to check out the wristlet when I go. I use a wristlet a lot in the evenings when I go to WDW.
I considered a wristlet also, but one of the things that stopped me was that the pattern is the same size on the wristlet as the tote (and every other bag) and so you could only see a few characters on the wristlet. I would suggest figuring out from others pictures if there are any "must have" characters on your wristlet and then set out shopping with that in mind... you might have to look at quite a few before finding what you want, but at least you'll know what you're looking for then!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #23
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Crazy weekend! I flew to Indianapolis for a bridal shower this weekend and couldn't get back out of Indy because of weather. I was supposed to fly out Sunday evening, but ended up getting delayed so long that I would've missed my connection from Chicago to Cedar Rapids. Unfortunately they sent my baggage ahead and I couln't get it back. The earliest they could rebook me for was Monday evening, but then it ended up getting delayed and I would've missed my connection in Chicago, again! The gate agents remembered me from the night before (still wearing the same clothes!) and found me a flight on a different carrier that would take me from Indy to Atlanta to Moline, IL (almost 2 hours from Cedar Rapids) because I couldn't get a flight into Cedar Rapids until Tuesday and there was no way I was wearing the same clothes for a 3rd day. DH had to come and pick me up 2 hours away at midnight, but I am so glad to be home. Just a little sleepy.... I'll post another entry tonight!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #24
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Day 5

The next morning Sis still wasnít feeling well. We just hung around the room that morning. Mom went for a walk and snapped some good pictures of POFQ.

We had lunch reservations for Coral Reef, but we didnít make it there. We ended up just having some fruit and muffins from the food court. I think Sis also had some potato chips with ketchup... one of her comfort foods. She got to feeling a little better and decided to go layout by the pool for a bit. She wanted to come home with some proof that she was in Florida for a week! I had Le Cellier reservations for dinner that I was really, really looking forward to. Sis decided to stay behind while Mom and I went to Epcot for the evening.

This actually turned out to be ok because we spent a lot of time looking at the Flower and Garden Festival topiaries and exploring the World Showcase. We also enjoyed some wine from Italy and a Grey Goose slushy from France!

It took us a while to make our way through the World Showcase. We started in Mexico, so we could end with dinner in Canada. There were a lot of field trips going on in Epcot today. We had a hard time navigating some of the pavilions because they were so crowded with groups of kids everywhere!

When we finally made it to Canada, we were definitely ready for dinner.

We both had the cheddar cheese soup for an appetizer. It goes really well with their pretzel bread. Then I had their fillet for my main course and Mom had the prime rib. Iíd been eating a lot of sea food this week (you just canít get great sea food in Iowa) and was really ready for a steak! Both the fillet and prime rib were excellent. I know thereís some controversy over Le Cellier. Some think itís over rated, some think itís a must do. If youíre on the dining plan, Le Cellier is a must do for me. It is definitely one of the best (quality and value wise) 1 credit dining plan meals. The fillet there is just as good as the ones you can get at any of the signature restaurants. For dessert, I had to try the chocolate mousse. Yum!

Sis managed to survive on her own. She got hungry and ordered herself a pizza from the resort. She said it wasnít very good, but she ate a little bit of it anyway because she was so hungry at that point. Resort pizza is definitely not on my future to-do list!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #25
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Day 6

Since Epcot is so large, I had our final day planned for Epcot also. Sis was feeling better today, so we headed over to Epcot for our lunch as Les Chef de France. We were all excited for this meal because Sis and I both took French in high school. We werenít brave enough to try any of it out, but we liked looking at the menu and knowing what some of the French words meant. We also met Remy! He was out and about greeting diners.

It just so happened that we had a very attractive server. I donít know what was with Mom and me today, but we were very giggly and also very embarrassing to Sis. We kept threatening that we were going to ask our server if we could take a picture with him. It was obvious Sis thought he was cute as well because she was mortified by how we were behaving, she was petrified he was going to over hear our swooning. At the end of the meal, we had convinced Sis to leave her cell phone number on the place mat. When we left the restaurant, we watched to see if our server was the one who bussed our table. He was! And we saw him pick up and rip a part of Sisís place mat off before throwing it away!! It was all very exciting. Sis checked her phone constantly throughout the day, but alas... no messages from our favorite French server.

We used our final GAD voucher to get fast pass cards today. We didnít do too many rides today, mostly just enjoyed our last day out. We did be sure to check out Soariní and Test Track though! We skipped Mission Space because Sis still wasnít feeling great. And of course we had to do Living with the Land. Itís one of my favorites... I donít know why, it just is.

That night we went to Narcoossee's for dinner. Itís one of DH and my favorites, so I wanted to save it for our last night. We arrived a little early, so we spend some time walking around the beautiful GF grounds and savoring our last Disney night.

For Dinner I got the whole lobster. It was delicious as usual. Although I did think some of the tail meat was tougher than the last time I had the whole lobster here. It was still delicious though!

Mom and Sis both had the surf and turf. Mom knew she was a lobster fan, but it turned out Sis didnít really think it was that great, which was ok because she still had plenty of steak to eat! We we were so stuffed after we finished there was absolutely no room for dessert! Our server offered to pack us up some cheesecake to go which we graciously accepted. A week on the Deluxe Dining Plan had finally done us in! We could eat no more! On our way out we made a final stop at the GF gift shop to gather some final souvenirs. I got a GF afghan and a picture frame to put our CRT picture in. In fact, Iím wrapped in the GF blanket right now! It reminds me of one of my favorite places on Earth.

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
teacher1717
Mouseketeer

Good tip about the wristlet. I'm going to have to study yours a bit closer. Sorry you had a nightmare traveling weekend.

YOur trip seems like it was fabulous! Im glad you had fun. I would like to go to WDW with my mother, but I'm afraid we would end up killing each other if we went for a week. I love her I just don't know if I can share a room with her.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #27
Dsnygrl1205
DIS Veteran

Great TR! I love that your sister wanted to order some Yeti at Yak and Yeti!! So cute!
1983 Fort Wilderness Cabins, 2002 ASMo, 2003 ASMu, 2006 ASMo, 2007 ASSp, 2008 POFQ, 2009 ASSp, CSR & Pop, 2010 AKL, ASMo & Pop, 2011 AKL & Poly, 2012 POR, AKL & ASSp, 2013 Contemporary & BWI, 2014 POFQ, & BC
Old 06-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #28
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Sis was confused at the menu because she thought she could actually order some Yeti.... we had to explain to her that Yetis arenít real.

Loving your report!! All these great meals are REALLY making me want to book the DxDP... but we're already going to gorge at F&W!! But... still! LOL

We saw the baby gorilla too! Oh how precious!! I was able to get a video of the baby and I can't wait to show it off when I get to that point in my TR
Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Day 7

Magical Express was picking us up at 12:30 pm so we had a leisurely morning packing and saying good bye to our home for the week. When Sis woke up this morning she had a text from a strange number... it was the French server from Les Chefs de France!! We were all running around the room acting like pre-teens in a Justin Bieber frenzy. Sis texted him back and he responed! Apparently he had wanted to ask for her number but his manager discourages the staff from asking for customerís numbers, so he was super excited when she left hers! Too bad it was our last night... so tragic... the love story that never will be!

We walked around the resort, made one final stop at the gift shop and then ate some lunch at the food court before hoping on the ME.

Final thoughts

We loved POFQ! I would definitely go back and stay here again with DH. I loved how small it was and how nice the theming was. After my previous trip to the GF, I thought there was no way Iíd be happy to go back to a Mod, but I definitely was! DH and I have agreed that although we love the Deluxes, weíd rather stay in a Mod and use the extra money for taxis for resort to resort transportation (instead of taking multiple busses).

I canít believe we stayed at POFQ and didnít get any beignets! Guess thatís just another reason for me to go back!

My ankle held up a lot better than I anticipated it would. No wheelchair for me! I had been so worried about how Iíd do so it was such a relief for me to make it all week with no major problems. Itís been a few months now since I originally injured it and itís still not back up to strength but it is definitely improving every week.

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
NewCrew42
One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

Thank you for this awesome report! I am taking my kids to POFQ in July!

What a precious thing you did taking your mom and your sister. That is so awesome!!!!

How was magical express from the airport and going back? What resorts did you share with and do you remember the order? Were you guys the first off the bus when arriving at WDW?

Also how were the buses to and from the parks during your stay? Did you share with other POR?

Thank you!

And again, thanks for your report!

POFQ - June 2014, POFQ - June 2013, POFQ - July 2010, Pop Century - March 2009, Pop Century - April 2008, Pop Century - May 2007, Contemporary - May 2006, Grand Floridian - May 2005, Contemporary - May 2004, Contemporary - May 2003, Off-site - June 1992

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: