Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #136
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I'm so anxious for tomorrow. I heard somewhere...though I can't remember where, so my brain could be making this up...that the F&W info will be updated tomorrow!

Plus, Southwest is due to release their fares for December! I'm looking for a cheap flight, right now it's AirTran down (at 5:46 out of Rochester, so I could work that day and head to the airport immediately!) and JetBlue back. But sometimes Southwest makes it worth it to drive to Buffalo for the flight. So I'm waiting to see what happens!

Oh, and I booked breakfast at Kouzzina for my December trip. I've read some mixed reviews though, so I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.

for some great airfare deal. We're flying AirTran and I'm already regretting it (they've changed our return flight twice already). I've not read a mixed bag on Kouzzina too.

I love that the pup was sleeping while you were watching the hockey game. my pup was not...I think I scared her several times with all my yelling.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #137
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We're flying AirTran and I'm already regretting it (they've changed our return flight twice already).
I've heard this about AirTran from numerous people. They fly out of Atlantic City here and they had ok fares but this is what stopped me from booking with them. I've never heard a good thing! I hope you get some good deals for your Dec trip. Can you take JetBlue roundtrip instead of switching airlines?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #138
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
for some great airfare deal. We're flying AirTran and I'm already regretting it (they've changed our return flight twice already). I've not read a mixed bag on Kouzzina too.

I love that the pup was sleeping while you were watching the hockey game. my pup was not...I think I scared her several times with all my yelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I've heard this about AirTran from numerous people. They fly out of Atlantic City here and they had ok fares but this is what stopped me from booking with them. I've never heard a good thing! I hope you get some good deals for your Dec trip. Can you take JetBlue roundtrip instead of switching airlines?
You know I've never had a problem with AirTran?? They've changed our flight times before, but it's always been within 5-10 minutes of the original flight, nothing much. I've heard complaints about AirTran from people, but I've always wondered why I don't see it? I guess I'm just lucky! (Knock on wood!)

The only reason I'd switch airlines is because to get DOWN, JetBlue has some terrible times. Like their last flight out on Thursday is at 3pm. And if I took a morning flight, I wouldn't get in until 2. They switched their 7am flight out of Rochester they used to have, otherwise I'd be leaving Friday morning round-trip on JetBlue!!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #139
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know I've never had a problem with AirTran?? They've changed our flight times before, but it's always been within 5-10 minutes of the original flight, nothing much. I've heard complaints about AirTran from people, but I've always wondered why I don't see it? I guess I'm just lucky! (Knock on wood!)

The only reason I'd switch airlines is because to get DOWN, JetBlue has some terrible times. Like their last flight out on Thursday is at 3pm. And if I took a morning flight, I wouldn't get in until 2. They switched their 7am flight out of Rochester they used to have, otherwise I'd be leaving Friday morning round-trip on JetBlue!!
Perhaps it varies on destination? We were originally booked to be back home by 2 in the afternoon so I could relax for work the next day. Then it changed to 6 p.m. arrival--not too bad. Then the latest change has us now arriving home at 9:45 p.m. (and it's a two hour ride from the airport home) so I ended up taking the next day off of work so I can recuperate. What frosts me is that it is no longer a non-stop flight; I hate flying so having to land in Georgia and then take off an hour later again is not making me happy.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #140
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Perhaps it varies on destination? We were originally booked to be back home by 2 in the afternoon so I could relax for work the next day. Then it changed to 6 p.m. arrival--not too bad. Then the latest change has us now arriving home at 9:45 p.m. (and it's a two hour ride from the airport home) so I ended up taking the next day off of work so I can recuperate. What frosts me is that it is no longer a non-stop flight; I hate flying so having to land in Georgia and then take off an hour later again is not making me happy.
I thought I read that if they change the time at all, you can call and either get a refund or book yourself on a different flight. Have you looked to see if any of the other flights get in earlier?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #141
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

That's good you have had good luck with AirTran. Our last two trips we've had bad luck with them. First in Jan. my parents' flight ended up getting in almost 10 hours late (their original plane was declared dead so they had to get them another plane) and then in April our flight was delayed too. Ugh. Hope your good luck continues!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #142
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you didn't just jinx yourself!

Quote:

That's a heck of a time change! And then they're gonna change it from direct to a stopover on top of that?? I'd be SUPER annoyed!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #143
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
That's good you have had good luck with AirTran. Our last two trips we've had bad luck with them. First in Jan. my parents' flight ended up getting in almost 10 hours late (their original plane was declared dead so they had to get them another plane) and then in April our flight was delayed too. Ugh. Hope your good luck continues!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I hope you didn't just jinx yourself!
I don't know if I should book AirTran now! After everything was said, I probably did jinx myself!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #144
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

SW fares are out. Humph, not great times. About the same price as my initial AirTran/JetBlue combo, but I'd have to drive out to Buffalo...
I'm debating different options, but there are so many (I'm also looking at AirTran & JetBlue out of Buffalo & Syracuse) that I'm getting confused. I think a spreadsheet is in order
Old 06-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #145
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Ok...ready to be confused? Good.

I'm thinking with it being December, I should really consider Rochester above Buffalo or Syracuse. I'm only 15 minutes from ROC, but it takes me an hour or more to get to BUF or SYR...and if it snows?! Forget it.

So, I signed up for the JetBlue credit card the other day (long story, but my Bank of America card is totally changing, I'm irritated, so I went with another to maintain my current credit level...) And with my first purchase, I get a free round-trip flight on JetBlue. I wouldn't think Orlando would be the best use of those points, BUT... I can leave at 355 on Thursday night. Not particularly late, but it gets me into JFK at 5, which means I can still call back and return emails from the people I missed during that hour. And then I'd get into MCO at... 1053. It's almost a 3 hour layover, but I like the JFK airport, I can take my time getting some grub and returning emails. The only thing, is that the 355 flight is $168 for one way! So, what I was thinking, is using part of that free flight for a 1 way, which would take care of that... Then, I can do the flight home at 530 on Sunday. That's direct, which will be nice. It's $133, but I have $50 credit on JetBlue, so it'd bring my total trip cost to about $93.

Thoughts??

If I don't use the "free" credits, the cheapest I can get it is $237, leaving Friday morning at 9, getting in at NOON! and then the same 530 flight back. That already includes the $50 credit.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #146
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

December flight

I'm 99% sure for my December trip I'm going to take that 3:55PM flight from JetBlue that leaves Thursday and come back on the direct flight at 5:30PM. I'll use half a credit, then the $50 credit. I'm really trying to do a budget trip, so I think that'll work out the best. Obviously if I flew down Friday morning, I wouldn't have to pay for the hotel Thursday night, but I'd only get a half-day instead of a full day...

I'm going to sleep on it a bit, keeping an eye on prices of course! And see what I think will work best
Old 06-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #147
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

I think doing the Thurs night flight is a great use of the credit. I'll bet you can find a cheap room offsite if you wanted for that Thurs night and then Friday AM transferring to your hotel of choice.

Ahh for the days of cheap flights...

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #148
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
I think doing the Thurs night flight is a great use of the credit. I'll bet you can find a cheap room offsite if you wanted for that Thurs night and then Friday AM transferring to your hotel of choice.

Ahh for the days of cheap flights...
The room onsite at a value since I have a PIN is only $64! (Plus taxes and fees blah blah blah...) I'm a little snooty when it comes to hotels since I travel for work. I only stay at Hampton Inns, Courtyards, or Fairfields (or similar) and I think I'd have a hard time finding any of those for less than $64. Plus then I don't have to transfer in the morning!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #149
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

"WOW that's a great price" (insert really annoying commercial guy here)

I agree I doubt that you could find a lower rate and then you'd have to figure out transportation. It will be fantastic for you waking up on Friday morning and have your entire vacation just sitting outside your door.

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #150
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
"WOW that's a great price" (insert really annoying commercial guy here)

I agree I doubt that you could find a lower rate and then you'd have to figure out transportation. It will be fantastic for you waking up on Friday morning and have your entire vacation just sitting outside your door.
I guess it's a good ad because I know exactly the one you're talking about!

I like the sound of that, my entire vacation sitting outside my door

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: