Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #76
tink,too
DIS Veteran

I have just found your review and must say that I'm really enjoying it. Your photos are awesome as always.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #77
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for another great update - love the girls in their clothes they bought in Tunisia - and you all look lovely in your formal wear. How lovely to see dolphins playing - I love dolphins

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #78
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
Thanks pixie08! I am using a Canon 50D. For most of this trip I had the 16-35L lens on, which I rented, as it is not in my budget yet.
I am envious lol! I do love my rebel but those pics are just wow...I bet the lens had a lot to do with it as well!

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #79
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
I have just found your review and must say that I'm really enjoying it. Your photos are awesome as always.
Thanks, tink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Thanks again for another great update - love the girls in their clothes they bought in Tunisia - and you all look lovely in your formal wear. How lovely to see dolphins playing - I love dolphins
Thanks eeyorefan! They are so cute in their Tunisia wear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I am envious lol! I do love my rebel but those pics are just wow...I bet the lens had a lot to do with it as well!
I have loved all of my rebels too. A great lens helps for sure, but the biggest change was when I finally took my camera out of automatic!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #80
ArmandXG
The Great Baldini: Master of Time, Space and the Infinite Universe

Loving your trip report. The photos are fabulous!

The girls look very pretty in their outfits from Tunisia.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip... Thanks for sharing!

Oct. 1990 WDW honeymoon, off site; Oct. 2000 WDW 10th anniversary, P.O. FQ; Nov. 2002 WDW Nephew's B-day, Allstar Movies Dalmation; Dec. 2004 WDW 14th (and X-mas) P.O. Riverside; Oct. 2006 DCL Magic 16th Anniversary, 1st cruise; Dec. 2008 DCL Wonder pre-X-mas and Parent's 1st cruise; Dec. 2010 WDW Secret trip and 20th anniversary,CSR; Oct 2012 WDW 22nd Anniversary (and Halloween), CBR. Oct.2013DCL Fantasy, 23rd anniversary
ArmandXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #81
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post

I have loved all of my rebels too. A great lens helps for sure, but the biggest change was when I finally took my camera out of automatic!
That's so true...a good lens and camera can only help so much! You have a wonderful eye for photography and your dh is so photogenic! Loving the reports!

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #82
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Your trip report is awesome!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #83
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandXG View Post
Loving your trip report. The photos are fabulous!

The girls look very pretty in their outfits from Tunisia.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip... Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
That's so true...a good lens and camera can only help so much! You have a wonderful eye for photography and your dh is so photogenic! Loving the reports!
That's very nice of you to say pixie! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
Your trip report is awesome!
Thanks jag mom!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #84
gatzsd
Mouseketeer

Love you trip report and pictures!
A couple of questions:
Was the newstand where you bought the train tickets to Rome inside the train station or outside? We went a few years ago and stood in a long line at the train station to buy our tickets.

When you went to St.Peter's Basilica - did you do that before or after the Vatican Museum? Was there a long security line to get in?

Is there a specific website you go to in order to pre buy your tickets to the vatican and collosseum?

So you didn't have a metro map in Rome - you just asked around and it worked out fine?

We are going to have our 3 year old with us when we do the trip in September, so just trying to map out our strategy.

Thanks so much!
gatzsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #85
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatzsd View Post
Love you trip report and pictures!
A couple of questions:
Was the newstand where you bought the train tickets to Rome inside the train station or outside? We went a few years ago and stood in a long line at the train station to buy our tickets.

When you went to St.Peter's Basilica - did you do that before or after the Vatican Museum? Was there a long security line to get in?

Is there a specific website you go to in order to pre buy your tickets to the vatican and collosseum?

So you didn't have a metro map in Rome - you just asked around and it worked out fine?

We are going to have our 3 year old with us when we do the trip in September, so just trying to map out our strategy.

Thanks so much!
Thanks, gatzd!

When you get to the train station go inside. The ticket window is on the left. There is a hallway on the back right that has the newsstand. The newsstand line was non existant, compared to a long regular ticket line.

We went to St. Peter's and the tomb of the Popes first. We didn't mean to, we just didn't know where to go in. If you see the picture with the giant courtyard surrounded by pillars, that's where the security line for St. Peters and the tombs is. It was very long, but moved at a decent rate. That part was free.

Afterwards, we exited security and walked a long way around the outside to the museum/Sistine chapel entrance. There was a line there that we bypassed because we already had tickets. Here is the website for Vatican tickets:

http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do

and I believe this is where we got the colosseum tickets:

http://goitaly.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi...t/Gb/index.cfm

Metro maps are posted everywhere inside the metro so that was super easy. If you are familiar at all with reading a metro map, that won't be a problem.

For the bus, we just asked at a newsstand or tourist information booth which one to get on.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #86
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Sunday, May 2, Day 11 – Corsica

We had church services again and then headed off the ship. About two minutes after we started walking, it started sprinkling. We walked through the market, made some purchases and then got back on board. I didn’t get many pictures today because of the rain.

Not sure about the grammar on this sign::lookaroun

We ate lunch, got our umbrellas and walked off again. I didn’t want to risk getting my camera wet so I left it. While we were out, I remembered my waterproof camera sitting in my dry stateroom. The town was really pretty. It’s the birthplace of Napoleon, so there were monuments to him all over.

When we got back on we went to see The Last Song. I’d read the book, which was certainly better, but it was still good. Total tearjerker, we all cried. A lot. At least the baby sea turtles made it through this movie.

After the movie it was time for ice cream!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #87
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

The girl’s went swimming again. There was a pool party going on!

After dinner, the show was another special one for the Med. It was a tribute to Walt Disney. It was excellent. I think I cried again.

Finally, back to bed again. Our towel animal was ginormous tonight! It took up a whole bed!

Next up is Villefranche, Monte Carlo and Nice!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #88
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

OH MY GOSH!!! Your report and your pictures are AMAZING!!!!! I am so jealous. We had Brent as our CD on the Magic last summer, so it was neat to see him in your pics too!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #89
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for your next update!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #90
dolver
Earning My Ears

Great Reports! I think I know which trip I'll choose next! Well, if Hubby and I survive our 1st cruise 3/24/11. It is just a 3 nighter, but we wanted to be sure we could handle 'the ocean' before booking a long one!

Can't wait to read more!
dolver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: